•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Resurrecting My 89 B2

jprevat

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L
To add photos to the site can I load from my phone or do I need an outside image host like photobucket?

JerryC

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
I think photobucket is the way to go.

jprevat

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L
The first 2 pictures are from the passenger side of my engine and the second 2 are of the same line on my drivers side. Any pictures where these lines go would be great but I have no clue where they need to hook up.

Attachments

JerryC

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Your engine compartment layout is little different from mine.
The first two I don't see anything like that junction on mine.

Maybe somebody with an 89/90 can take look...

jprevat

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L

Thank you for taking a look. I hope someone can chime in.

jprevat

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L

The last two are a pic of the vac line coming from the bottom of a three way fitting on the side of the intake. I was looking at some full underhood pics and I think the 88s have this fitting too.

JerryC

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
My cruise control has a vac line that big going to it from there.

jprevat

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L
My cruise control has a vac line that big going to it from there.
Well maybe that will solve one of my problems lol. You wouldnt happen to know where the other end of this goes would you?

jprevat

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L
So the lines on my pass side are hooked to a large pill looking deal on top of my ac box. One of them that was snapped ran to the back of my air filter box. I still have no clue where the second broken line goes to.

The line broken on the driver side on the bottom of the 4 way fitting on my upper intake doesnt run to my cruise control though. That line is intact. My broken line is about 12" long and has plenty of suction but I cant find where it goes.

Ill post pics in a little bit.

jprevat

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L
Ok here are some better pictures of the vacuum line on the drivers side. It looks like there is a plastic fitting in the end of the line but as I said, I have no idea where it goes.

Attachments

JerryC

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
There's a possibility it was there for a vacuum gauge or it's there just to plug the vacuum port because the last guy didn't have the right plug.

jprevat

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L
There's a possibility it was there for a vacuum gauge or it's there just to plug the vacuum port because the last guy didn't have the right plug.
You may be correct. I am going to crawl a junkyard this afternoon and see what I can find.

jprevat

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L
I fixed my ac blower and took off the rear wiper and installed new door bushings all the way around. Sounds so much better with less rattling.

JerryC

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
I fixed my ac blower and took off the rear wiper and installed new door bushings all the way around. Sounds so much better with less rattling.
How are your window felts and weatherstripping for the doors? Doing the window felts was a huge improvement to get rattles out my BII. Of course they were almost totally shot when I replaced them, I actually snapped them off more than pulled them out.

jprevat

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L
How are your window felts and weatherstripping for the doors? Doing the window felts was a huge improvement to get rattles out my BII. Of course they were almost totally shot when I replaced them, I actually snapped them off more than pulled them out.
Weatherstripping isnt too bad up front but the back door is shot. Now the window felt... well some of it is there. LOL

Where did you find your replacement felt?

JerryC

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Weatherstripping isnt too bad up front but the back door is shot. Now the window felt... well some of it is there. LOL

Where did you find your replacement felt?
Jeff's Bronco Graveyard
http://shop.broncograveyard.com/Weatherstripping-Bronco-II/products/359/

I bought the whole door kit. I still need to buy and do the hatch weather strip.

I put off doing the window channel run and felts because I thought it would be a real pain, but it wasn't nearly that bad. You don't have to pull the glass. The door weatherstrip is crazy easy, just pull the trim panels (loosen the back panel) and the old just pulls out and you push the new one on. I should done all that as one of my first jobs, it would have me happier with the truck sooner. It went from sounding like it was falling apart to a pretty decent old truck.

jprevat

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L
Jeff's Bronco Graveyard
http://shop.broncograveyard.com/Weatherstripping-Bronco-II/products/359/

I bought the whole door kit. I still need to buy and do the hatch weather strip.

I put off doing the window channel run and felts because I thought it would be a real pain, but it wasn't nearly that bad. You don't have to pull the glass. The door weatherstrip is crazy easy, just pull the trim panels (loosen the back panel) and the old just pulls out and you push the new one on. I should done all that as one of my first jobs, it would have me happier with the truck sooner. It went from sounding like it was falling apart to a pretty decent old truck.
Thank you very much. Now I just need to sort out why my drivers window wont work and why my passenger window only works with the driver side switch.

This will teach me to ever let a vehicle sit this long.

JerryC

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Thank you very much. Now I just need to sort out why my drivers window wont work and why my passenger window only works with the driver side switch.

This will teach me to ever let a vehicle sit this long.
Cant help you there... When I bought mine back in February I looked for one with power nothing. I figured I'd have enough problems to deal with without fixing power windows, locks and transfer case.

I admit that I miss the convenience of power windows and locks, especially the ability to use a remote to lock and unlock the doors and hatch. There's been several times I realized I needed to lock or unlock the hatch and already had the truck running.