•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Resurrecting My 89 B2

jprevat

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L
Cant help you there... When I bought mine back in February I looked for one with power nothing. I figured I'd have enough problems to deal with without fixing power windows, locks and transfer case.

I admit that I miss the convenience of power windows and locks, especially the ability to use a remote to lock and unlock the doors and hatch. There's been several times I realized I needed to lock or unlock the hatch and already had the truck running.
I havent had a remote to lock doors in quite some time but im thinking I need to just grab a test light and go to town. I dont too much care about the door locks but the windows are a must have. I guess ill replace the door speakers while im in there.

JerryC

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
I've seen several auctions on ebay over the last 8 months for power window and lock switches on ebay, even some NOS parts.

Beware the no-name door lock actuators on ebay, skip those and buy a set from NAPA or NOS Motorcraft if you can find them.

Speakers, In case you don't know... Crutchfield is a great place to find what fits your vehicle. They are a little more expensive then you can find at some other places, but they often include stuff like instructions and wiring harness and mounting parts for free.

jprevat

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L
I've seen several auctions on ebay over the last 8 months for power window and lock switches on ebay, even some NOS parts.

Beware the no-name door lock actuators on ebay, skip those and buy a set from NAPA or NOS Motorcraft if you can find them.

Speakers, In case you don't know... Crutchfield is a great place to find what fits your vehicle. They are a little more expensive then you can find at some other places, but they often include stuff like instructions and wiring harness and mounting parts for free.
Ebay and I will be friends very soon. Crutchfield is a wealth of knowledge and im partial to RF so I think I might go components up front and some 6x8 2or3 ways for the rear. I need a new headunit too.

Lol just a project within a project I suppose.

JerryC

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
I'm amazed at what you get for cheap in auto radio these days. I bought a JVC for mine with CD, mp3, usb, Bluetooth and hands free phone for just over a hundred bucks. Then 5x6 in the back and 4" in the dash for about $80 more. It's not high end but it ain't bad either.

jprevat

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L
Im not going for high end but I want to be able to drown out any and all outside noise if I decide to without distorting every note above half volume. I will have to figure it out after the transmission I suppose.

smccrory60

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.8 V6
Weatherstripping isnt too bad up front but the back door is shot. Now the window felt... well some of it is there. LOL

Where did you find your replacement felt?
LMC Truck has all of the felt and weather-stripping for BII's and Rangers. I replaced all the door felts and weather-strip on mine last winter. Got rid of all the rattles! Very easy job to replace them.

jprevat

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L
LMC Truck has all of the felt and weather-stripping for BII's and Rangers. I replaced all the door felts and weather-strip on mine last winter. Got rid of all the rattles! Very easy job to replace them.
I need to do something. I think my lack of weather stripping is why the electronics in my doors are shot.

jprevat

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L
So I found a salvage yard around here that has four 1st gen explorers. I think my rear spring and trans problems may be solved! WooHoo!

If this works my parts list will be:

Pass window regulator
Drivers side window motor
Pass side interior door handle
Ac compressor (maybe) clutch isnt engaging
2.5 inch front spacers (compensate for winch bumper)
6.5k winch (at least)
Winch mounting plate to weld in bumper
2" trailer hitch
LED headlights
Weather stripping
New head unit
Rear speakers

jprevat

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L
I finally found myself an Explorer A4ld out of a 93 for $150 now to get it put in! WooHoo

And it has a working transfer case already bolted up.

Last edited: