•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

roof poping

necessaryevil

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ford
Engine Size
at about 45mph my roof on my b2 pops, when i slow down it pops back, is there any way to stop this?

85_Ranger4x4

December 2013 OTOTM
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
Suspension Style
4wd
Don't go above 45mph... :yahoo:

In order to make it stop you are going to have to find out what is doing it. Anything up there like a roof rack that might be loose?

master hec0

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L V6
sounds like the wind speed is causing it to push down and then when you slow down the wind dies down and it pops back up

adsm08

Ford Technician
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
bugflector II and a visor.

maybe.

martin

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ford
Ihere's a brace across the roof just behind the doors. What usually happens is something has been on the roof and bent the brace down. It was originally glued to the roof but has now seperated. If you pull down the roof liner you will be able to see if it's bent or just seperated. If it's bent you can just jack it back into shape and then re-glue it with something like construction adhesive or if it's not bent just re-glue it, Had the same problem with mine when I bought it many moons ago.

Tony Raine

Solid Axle Swap
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
Ihere's a brace across the roof just behind the doors. What usually happens is something has been on the roof and bent the brace down. It was originally glued to the roof but has now seperated. If you pull down the roof liner you will be able to see if it's bent or just seperated. If it's bent you can just jack it back into shape and then re-glue it with something like construction adhesive or if it's not bent just re-glue it, Had the same problem with mine when I bought it many moons ago.

+2 mine had the same problem

4.0B2

1000+ Watt Stereo
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 v6
agreed.. had the same thing happen to mine. all i did was i had all my interior out for paint so i used a porta power and some portapoxy, reglued it to the roof. another thing you might look at while you do this is the joints in the corners when you have the headliner down. Alot of B2's have issues with where the side meets the top on the inside, the welds break loose.

necessaryevil

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ford
Engine Size
-REP UP-

pulled the headliner and sure enough thats what it was, a little bit of expanding foam-in-a-can and problem solved. THANKS GUYS!!