•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Tony Raine's Bronco II

Tony Raine

Solid Axle Swap
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
Lol dont worry about moving that nice brown BII, I'll move it to my house for you.

its tempting. heck, i dont even need half the stuff i piled in it. i just saved a bunch of stock parts from the other 2 that i scrapped. i'd even throw in a full width 44/8.8 combo that i'm not using.

its a dandy storage shed, but the right price would take it. clean title too.

RangerSVT

Oct 09 OTOTM
Supporting Member
1000+ Watt Stereo
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
GT-40 5.0L EFI W/AC
I was gonna ask how long that trailer was, you could damn near fit both B2's on there...
SVT

86MUDRCJ

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
just read the whole thread and wow. theres quite a bit. But love how its come out

rockin86ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.0L,2.9L
its tempting. heck, i dont even need half the stuff i piled in it. i just saved a bunch of stock parts from the other 2 that i scrapped. i'd even throw in a full width 44/8.8 combo that i'm not using.

its a dandy storage shed, but the right price would take it. clean title too.
Oh man, i've been wanting another BII since i was forced to sell my old one. I need a car for school and a BII doesnt exactly get the mileage i need but i love em. What year is it and what motor and trans does it have, and how long has it been sitting.

Tony Raine

Solid Axle Swap
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
I was gonna ask how long that trailer was, you could damn near fit both B2's on there...
SVT
20 footer. a little longer, and i think i could have fit both. it would also be a combined BIIs/trailer load of around 10,000 pounds. with no trailer brakes and p series tires. :icon_surprised:

just read the whole thread and wow. theres quite a bit. But love how its come out
thanks! hope it was an entertaining read :icon_thumby:

Oh man, i've been wanting another BII since i was forced to sell my old one. I need a car for school and a BII doesnt exactly get the mileage i need but i love em. What year is it and what motor and trans does it have, and how long has it been sitting.

not even sure if it runs, and it sat for awhile. some guy tried to swap a 5 speed in place of the auto, and lost interest. but it was running when parked. i swapped the (incorrect) 5 speed with one from the right year, swapped in a manual trans computer, put on some tires that held air, and that's about it.

its an 87, i think. 2.9, manual hubs, and i have a manual t-case or 2 laying around for it (and a bumper). i have most of the parts to complete the 5 speed swap, but it still needs a clutch line and reservoir.

i mainly bought it as a spare body for my BII (which is why i've never tried to start it).

Tony Raine

Solid Axle Swap
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
how about an update!

my progress of the past few days

11/21/11
Went to visit my folks, and got on the tractor.

And headed out into the woods

hmm, whats that?

its my new donor rig!

94 F150 with 250,000+ miles on the clock. BUT with a rebuilt 302 with around 20,000 miles. it was retired to wood hauling duty several years ago. after the shifter cable broke, my stepfather drove it into the woods one last time, and left it there when he went to afghanistan about 2 years ago. when he came back, he didn't have time to mess with it, so it sat. I asked him how much he wanted for it, and he said to just haul it off.

So I did.
Used my mom's truck, since this a little too much for my 4.6 with 3.55 gears.

So here it sits now

my stepfather hauled the brown b2 back to their place, and i am going to cut my own little "storage area" in a small clearing just past where the f150 was parked in the first pics.

This means my plans have changed again. oh well, I'm having fun, and that's all that matters.
The Bronco is getting (almost) the entire wiring harness, motor, fuel injection, and some other goodies from the f150. its free, its in good shape, and its sitting right here.

I have already disconnected, labeled, and removed the entire wiring harness from inside the cab, and under the hood of, the B2.

Now i am removing the "cab side" wiring from the F150, and labeling everything. kinda rainy lately, and thats something i can work on and stay dry. once i swap that over, then i'll work on "engine side" wiring and the fuel lines.

Tony Raine

Solid Axle Swap
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
Today

finished tearing down the f150 dash

and here is the wiring harness from behind the F150 dash

and here is is in the bronco

fuse panel bolted right in, most of the wiring snapped into where the original wiring was, and quite a bit of the color coding is the same. the F150 gauge cluster even bolted in, but thats just temporary until i get it running (got some real nice VDO guages for it)

even the headlight switch and turn signal assembly bolted on.

still lots of little details to work out, like the "creature comforts" (radio, heat, fan, auto dim center mirror, etc...,) but i am close to starting on "engine side" wiring.

rockin86ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.0L,2.9L
cant complain about the price lol, so do they have anymore f150s they want to get rid of lol cause ill haul them off for them.

RangerSVT

Oct 09 OTOTM
Supporting Member
1000+ Watt Stereo
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
GT-40 5.0L EFI W/AC
Man, nice score. Wish you were a little closer, I could use the entire front clip and doors off of the rest of that truck (I could use the dash and steering column too, but it looks like your using that :icon_thumby:) I'm needing a front clip for my 90 F350, and I'm wanting to upgrade to the newer style front end....
SVT

Tony Raine

Solid Axle Swap
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
Thanks!

Got the wiring for the fuel pump and taillights ran today (the f150 tail lamp sockets fit right into the BII taillights). I have to cut one more hole in the firewall for the plug to pass through, then the main part of the wiring job will be done. kept the wires for the second fuel pump, in case i get real creative somewhere down the road.

also dropped the gas tank from the BII. next i have to see if i can modify one of the F150 pumps to fit on the B2 tank. i'm going to try to take the bed off instead of dropping the tanks, we'll see how that goes.

A couple questions though. does anyone know if a B2 fuel pump from an injected motor will supply the right flow and pressure for a fuel injected V8? also, will a FI BII tank bolt in place of a carb'd BII tank? I have a FI tank, but its under my parts rig and is in unknown condition (my carb'd tank is only about 10 years old)

85_Ranger4x4

December 2013 OTOTM
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
Suspension Style
4wd
A couple questions though. does anyone know if a B2 fuel pump from an injected motor will supply the right flow and pressure for a fuel injected V8? also, will a FI BII tank bolt in place of a carb'd BII tank? I have a FI tank, but its under my parts rig and is in unknown condition (my carb'd tank is only about 10 years old)
I would think it would move enough fuel for a EFI engine as long as it still runs the right pressure.

Make sure it isn't one of those with the lift pump in the tank and the high pressure pump on the frame.

I can't get over how straight/clean that '150 is... :shok:

Your stock gauges should still work ok.

And you really need to throw some paint on that front DS rim. :icon_thumby:

Chevelle Kid

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
Wanna sell that D-side mirror off of that 150? I need one bad for my FSB

Tony Raine

Solid Axle Swap
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
Wanna sell that D-side mirror off of that 150? I need one bad for my FSB
sorry, swapping them over to the B2 as well (i like the power adjustment)

yeah, i hate to tear apart a rig in this good of condition, but with over 250,000 miles, i wouldn't get much out of it.

Tony Raine

Solid Axle Swap
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
Found a good deal on 2 35x12.5 mud tires. Not much tread, but i can use them to see how much i need to trim the rear fenders since i pushed the rear axle back about 2 inches

RangerSVT

Oct 09 OTOTM
Supporting Member
1000+ Watt Stereo
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
GT-40 5.0L EFI W/AC
Yes, the B2 fuel pump will supply enough fuel to run the V8 efficiently...
SVT

Last edited:

Tony Raine

Solid Axle Swap
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
Yes, the B2 fuel pump will supply enough fuel to run the V8 efficiently...
SVT
seems like this is the general consensus, which is a relief.

i'm still going to try and fit one of the pump assemblies from the 150 onto the 84 B2 tank, mainly because at least one works, and they are both right here and easy to get to.

otherwise i have to drive 200 miles (one way), pull the 87 out of the woods, crawl under (its loaded to the bumpstops), pull all that out, and hope it works.

03ranger30

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
3.0L V6
Good work! Can't wait to see what it looks like when it is finished.

alwaysFlOoReD

Blang - not bling
Forum Moderator
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'91, '93, '98
Vehicle
Various
Engine Size
4.0, 4.0, 4.6
Suspension Style
4wd
I bought my b-II already modified for the 4.0. I can't comment on the amount the pump will flow, but the PO adapted the f.i. pump into the stock tank by just swapping out pumps on the stock intank fuel 'harness/rail'. I found that out because he didn't use fuel line for the connection and what he used swelled and was by-passing pressure so all I was getting was 20 psi. Finally found the problem after replacing all other easier to get at suspected causes. But it didn't have a sock. Actually he must have used a different drop in pump system because there is some modification to the top of the tank where it attaches the pump, some filing and whatnot to orient the pump in the proper direction.

I thought I'd taken pics of the pump out of the tank but can't find them.

Richard

Tony Raine

Solid Axle Swap
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
Had to roll a tire up to see what it'll look like

Robert_1967

V8 Engine Swap