•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Ug, Finally.

adsm08

Ford Technician
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
After about 5 months of inactivity and garage sitting and waiting for parts and cold and dirt and blah blah blah it is back on the road.

I got my B2 back together and took it for a quick spin tonight.

It fired right up, ran for 1/2 a second and then died beautifully. I was not happy. Then I remembered that my dumb ass changed the fuel filter and never primed the system. After that was taken care of it ran as well as it ever did. Misses a bit when cold, A/C still works, driver's side window switches still don't.

I would just like to drop a special thanks to Beef for hooking me up with some trans cross member bolts since one of my originals got misplaced during the project and Downey for nagging me to get it done.

Last edited:

jhammel85

On here ignoring work
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.9 V6
Working A/C? Man I wish I never pulled mine out and sold it..

adsm08

Ford Technician
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
Working A/C? Man I wish I never pulled mine out and sold it..
Well, seems to work for now anyway. When I bought it last spring he told me it worked and was ice cold and it did get cold when I looked at it, but by the time I went to use it in the summer it was low enough to trip the safety switch.

It was only about 70 and not very humid when I tested it last night.

Twister

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1985, 1987
Vehicle
Duh
Engine Size
2.8L, 2.9L
After about 5 months of inactivity and garage sitting and waiting for parts and cold and dirt and blah blah blah it is back on the road.

I got my B2 back together and took it for a quick spin tonight.

It fired right up, ran for 1/2 a second and then died beautifully. I was not happy. Then I remembered that my dumb ass changed the fuel filter and never primed the system. After that was taken care of it ran as well as it ever did. Misses a bit when cold, A/C still works, driver's side window switches still don't.

I would just like to drop a special thanks to Beef for hooking me up with some trans cross member bolts since one of my originals got misplaced during the project and Downey for nagging me to get it done.
Im in the same boat. Just got my B2 going after taking my time replacing the heads.

Last edited:

adsm08

Ford Technician
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
I kinda wish it had been heads. I would have been done in a week.