•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

What this forum is really for

Brownie Mobile

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.8l
I've noticed a lot of people post threads in here asking questions specifically about the motor, suspension or electronics etc. A lot of these questions go unanswered on this sparsely visited forum compared to the "general discussions" forum. These questions involving motors etc are not really specific to the Bronco II and therefore don't really belong in this forum particularly. So im suggesting there be guidelines to users for this forum for a couple of reasons. People here often have questions that go unanswered for a while or not at all. General motor discussions( and that kind of stuff) should really be in one place and B2 specific modifications/questions should really be in one place as well. Im suggesting a sticky thread for guidelines to using this thread, when your thread should be placed here or when your thread should be placed in General discussions. For example: Just because your 2.8 motor that has a tick is in a Bronco II doesn't mean it should be here. If you have a question about replacing the seats in a B2 for example should belong here as that is very specific to only the b2. Just a suggestion as i see this forum being misused for its true purpose quite often.

adsm08

Ford Technician
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
Your idea is great on paper. In practice it isn't likey to work because, just like with the guidelines in General Discussion and Urgent Help, people don't read them or just ignore them outright.

I agree that people would get more help faster if they posted their questions in the right parts of the forum, but if they are dumb enough to post in the wrong area then it's their own fault if they don't get answers.

It seems to me that a lot of people, especially new members, seem to think that since they own a B2 or Explorer that this is the only area of the board that they are allowed to post in.

triumphrider-1

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
3.0L
That and the moderators usually move the threads to the proper forums after a while.

exbass94

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2006, 1994
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC, 4.0 OHV
On a related note, the Mazda B-Series forum seems really useless to me. How can you have an issue related specifically to a B-Series when it's the exact same thing as a Ranger?

shane96ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1997 / 1989
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
4.6 Triton / 5.0
On a related note, the Mazda B-Series forum seems really useless to me. How can you have an issue related specifically to a B-Series when it's the exact same thing as a Ranger?
True. You can only say "no, Ranger tail lights won't fit in a Mazda bed" and "no, a Ranger grille won't fit your Mazda" so many times.

85_Ranger4x4

December 2013 OTOTM
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
Suspension Style
4wd
True. You can only say "no, Ranger tail lights won't fit in a Mazda bed" and "no, a Ranger grille won't fit your Mazda" so many times.
What if the tail lights are off a late model Ranger STX? :icon_twisted:

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1987... sorta
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
'93 4.0
EVENTUALLY one of the moderators, admins or tech advisors will have acid reflux, a headaache, a fight with their significant other, a toothache, etc...

Get generally ticked off and systematically go through ALL the forums moving posts to
where they belong

If I were less tired I'd do it now.

AD

4.0B2

1000+ Watt Stereo
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 v6
i don't think there needs to be a guidelines paragraph, if you just look at what's out there...its obvious usually which one you need to post in... the motor problems-- in the motor section. the trans problems in the trans section... how hard is that?