•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

When is it time to call it quits?

wildbill23c

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford Bronco II
Engine Size
2.9L V6
Suspension Style
4wd
My credo
19K, 19D, 92Y, 91F
I like the 2.8L because its simple non-computerized garbage they threw into the 3.0's and 4.0's. I'm a simple person that doesn't like the complexity of the nonsense computer controls. The 2.8L gets me from point A to point B, that's what I got it for. If I wanted a larger engine I would have bought the Full Size Bronco or an F-150 LOL. Then again neither would work on the back roads trails as their too darn wide.

If I were to do a swap it would have to be something like the original 302 before the computer junk was added to them. I have a newer truck and yeah its got power and all but, in 20 years is the electronics still going to be reliable?????...Who knows LOL have only had it 5 years.

natmanjoh

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
4.0l
Swapped to 4.0 from 2.9. Have 31s and haven't regeared, both engines. Auto on both. Got better mileage than my 2.9 with the 4.0. Performs way better even without the regear. Can't imagine what'll be like when its geared properly. But I feel you with the electric stuff. Drove me crazy during the swap. Still have some bugs, but nothing that'll hurt performance or operations. Just annoying, no tach or temp gauge. Too lazy to actual try and figure it out.

wildbill23c

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford Bronco II
Engine Size
2.9L V6
Suspension Style
4wd
My credo
19K, 19D, 92Y, 91F
My dash gauges for the coolant temp, oil pressure, and amp didn't work so I just got an aftermarket gauge set and said the hell with trying to figure out the previous owner's stupidity in their wiring crap. I've been cutting and repairing wiring all afternoon and I think I have all of the wires fixed that were worn through leaving bare wiring exposed hitting metal.

This B2 has turned into a huge project vehicle. Other than the cosmetics its starting to become more and more reliable I think. Just small things now mechanic wise, mainly oil leak issues from the oil pan area and the rear main seal. My mom keeps saying I need to get rid of it, but I think that's just because she isn't able to drive it since she refuses to learn how to drive a manual transmission...Sucks to be her LOL. Oh and I'm 31 years old I think I can own what I want mom LOL.