•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Will 32 inch tires fit if i have a 3 inch lift?

darkchris117

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Wow you people are unbelievable. I was trying to find out through other members if its possible. I'm not stupid, I saw the chart countless times but obviously I can't ask a question here because everyone here is a jackass except two people

country0001

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford,Ford
Engine Size
Wow you people are unbelievable. I was trying to find out through other members if its possible. I'm not stupid, I saw the chart countless times but obviously I can't ask a question here because everyone here is a jackass except two people
Its just a bit of hazing, this is an excellent site with a wealth of knowledge. You just got caught on a run of easily answered questions.

there is a b2 with a 1" BL and trimmed fenders runnin 33's. Check out the build threads, they are very useful.

4.0B2

1000+ Watt Stereo
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 v6
don't worry about them... there is just a lot of new people here asking a lot of questions that have been asked a lot. it rubs some people wrong.

personally, I'd do the 3" lift and see what happens... you need a little more you can always do the "washer lift" and an add a leaf or shackle in the rear.

you can always custom make a 1" body lift..

or just give in a trim the fenders, if you do it right... it looks good. :icon_thumby:

scooter

October OTOTM Winner
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
5.0L
No one ever said you were stupid....

And yes, i am a Jackass!

So the chart doesnt show if you can 32's with the lift?

snoranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
All 10 are Ford
Engine Size
4.0,5.0,4BT,4.0
And yes, i am a Jackass!
:agree:

The problem is that every truck is different. Just because I can fit 32's on this truck with a 4" lift doesnt mean that you can too. The fitment chart is pretty close, but not 100% accurate for ever truck. Is it street truck that will never have the suspension flexed... you may stuff 33s under there and never rub. How worn are your body mount bushings? If they are worn out, the body might be sagging a little and you'd need a 4" lift just to fit a 31".

BUT, the chart says you need a 4" lift and some trimming to fit 32's. You're asking if you can fit them with just a 3" lift and no trimming. Come on, what do you think? You're not stupid.

Now, actual tire height and width will make a big difference. As will rim width and offset. I would plan for a 4" lift and see how they fit. Maybe you will need to trim, maybe not. You may get away with just some washers on the radius arms to push the axle forward a little. Maybe you'll need a 1" body lift. Like I said... Every truck is different.

4.0B2

1000+ Watt Stereo
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 v6
:agree:

The problem is that every truck is different. Just because I can fit 32's on this truck with a 4" lift doesnt mean that you can too. The fitment chart is pretty close, but not 100% accurate for ever truck. Is it street truck that will never have the suspension flexed... you may stuff 33s under there and never rub. How worn are your body mount bushings? If they are worn out, the body might be sagging a little and you'd need a 4" lift just to fit a 31".

BUT, the chart says you need a 4" lift and some trimming to fit 32's. You're asking if you can fit them with just a 3" lift and no trimming. Come on, what do you think? You're not stupid.

Now, actual tire height and width will make a big difference. As will rim width and offset. I would plan for a 4" lift and see how they fit. Maybe you will need to trim, maybe not. You may get away with just some washers on the radius arms to push the axle forward a little. Maybe you'll need a 1" body lift. Like I said... Every truck is different.
exactly.. not all 32's measure a true 32" either.. usually they are somewhere around 31.25"-31.5"

bronco2fan

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ford
Engine Size
Suspension Style
4wd
Not trying to be a know it all either. Just saying my 31's fit with a 3'' body lift. And if you look you'll notice I've been a member since 2010.

darkchris117

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Im on a $2000 budget what would you guys do to my bronco II ?

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
FORD
Engine Size
BIGGER
for 2 g

me....

i could swap in a 6.5 diesel, dana 60's and 42 in tires for big stuff and 35's for cruising around for 2 grand.

but thats me.

i suggest sploder powertrain/axles

kryptonitecb

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
i could swap in a 6.5 diesel, dana 60's and 42 in tires for big stuff and 35's for cruising around for 2 grand.
And I thought my local jy had good prices

Sent from the road while ignoring traffic

snoranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
All 10 are Ford
Engine Size
4.0,5.0,4BT,4.0
And I thought my local jy had good prices

Sent from the road while ignoring traffic
JY :icon_rofl:.... He's probably got all of that sitting around his yard.

Dugan

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1989, 1949
Vehicle
Ford, IH
Engine Size
2.9L, 355 SBC
JY :icon_rofl:.... He's probably got all of that sitting around his yard.
Exactly.. JUNK yard... haha

I fit 34x9.5s on my ranger with a 3" body lift. It only rubbed the inner fenderwell a bit and I could flex it with the width of them and have no problems.

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
FORD
Engine Size
BIGGER
my 6.5 diesel g30 van i got for fixing another truck....it was just time no cost...maybe 40 in fuel and a few hrs labor....i also have a bad ass 6.2 j code low mile i got for 100 bux.

on the original install of the 6.5 into my ranger i have about 400 in parts.

axles were free sort of....another trade/fix shit thing...generally i get them 600 a set.

one set of the 42's on wheels i got from a club member for 300....35's on 16.5 wheels were 250 off craigslist.

steel for mounts free off of scrap piles at job sites.

50 bux for hi steer arm 30 bux for brake lines. the others were older looking then i liked.

600 axles
50 hi steer arm
30 lines
550 tires wheels
50 bux for initial springs
400 for 6.5 swap parts (drive shaft mods/steering box/line adapter etc.)

thats less then 1700 on my count.

i just seen a g20 that ran good with a 6.2 and 700 r4 for 600 bux(like the 4th one this summer under a grand) on the side of the road....so i am sure this is repeatable with careful shopping for 2000-3 grand by anybody.

craigs list is useful if you know what you want and collect over time...

richard booth

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ford
Engine Size
2.9 for now.
Have you seen the "new" james duff 6" kit? If you can afford it it is all that, otherwise I would sugguest the skyjacker 6' class 2 w the ext length radius arms. You will be able to have 32s and flex quite a bit.

richard booth

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ford
Engine Size
2.9 for now.
Have you seen the new james duff 6" kit? If you can afford it is a primo lift. You can clear 32s w/o fender trimming and flex pretty good, otherwise the skyjacker 6" class2 should get you where you want to bemmore affordably.