•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Recent content by 70roadrunner

1. 7

2.8 high idle until i tap the gas

I think they all do that! mine did the same thing. I just got used to it. clean the linkages on the carb, then spray it generously with silicone spray lubricant
  2. 7

89 Bronco II Issues HELLLP !

replace the module on the distributor. 2 7mm head screws. pita, but id bet that is the problem. after the screws are out it will unplug downward, 3 prongs. you will probably have to grind a socket to almost paper thin to get to the screws
  3. 7

89' No Spark

check the distributor module. it is on the outside if the dist, it is what the wires plug in to. there are 2 screws that hold it to the dist. I think they are 7mm. you will need to grind a socket to almost paper thin to get into the holes. then pull down and three spade terminal will unplug from...
  4. 7

Engine rattleing at RPM's above 3K (Bronco II)

I would put my $ on connecting rod bearings. I have had a few engines do exactly the same thing, kind of a hollow knocking sound. more noticeable on deceleration. replace the crankshaft with a reground one, and new bearings. if you pull the engine out for this, get the rods resized also
  5. 7

auto to 5 spd gasket question

you should be able to modify it
  6. 7

Rear sag

the tab sometimes comes loose from the nut, so be prepared to swear at it! I had the same problem, and was gonna do the same thing as you, but my leaves were severely worn, almost 1/4 of the way thru at the end of each leaf. you may want to do an add-a-leaf
  7. 7

how much fender trimming for 31's

the wheels I had were chrome deer hoof
  8. 7

1984 Bronco ll

the 89 and newer had the clutch safety switch. my 84 does not
  9. 7

how much fender trimming for 31's

I put 32/10.50 on my B II with no lift. had to trim the fenders forward of the tires, and rolled the rear side of the fender. didn't take much in the rear, just folded the lip up. my wheels had 1.5" offset, making a wider stance
  10. 7

ECM compatibility?

im not sure on the 88, but i know 89 and up do require a different ecm. i have one from a 90 B II, 2.9 5 speed if it will work for you. i actually have 2 B II's im parting out. drivetrain from an 84, and most of a 90. if you need pedals, i have both styles
  11. 7

Carb HELL ?

thats a good swap, but you will also need to swap the distributor to a duraspark. look in the tech section for the specific info on this swap
  12. 7

Tranny swap help

you will need the flywheel, clutch, and pressure plate for the m5od. also the starter. the shifter will come through the floor in a little different position, i believe about 2" forward. the line from the clutch master cylinder will also need to be changed, possibly the master also. if you are...
  13. 7

84 2.8 blowing smoke

white smoke usually indicates coolant in the cylinder(s). can you smell antifreeze? is the coolant level low? if it is clouds of smoke it isnt valve seals. with valve seals it will usually smoke at startup for a few seconds then clear up.
  14. 7

dual T-case in a B II

agreed! i will be driving it conservatively, i will need it to get me home! i am going to trail test it locally, at walker valley. tons of videos of this place on youtube, check them out! i will hopefully find any weak spots there, only a half hour from home(unless i have to walk). im making my...