•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Recent content by Beachbuggy

1. Beachbuggy

Buster goes camping

It's a Surco I bought from a member here, on explorer bases and I built the Light mounts for the front. Really handy! Also, Thanks for all your work on the site, I hope we continue to grow as these trucks age.
  2. Beachbuggy

Buster goes camping

Took my 4.0L equipped B2 camping to the Damascus, VA this past weekend (Creeper Trail/ Bear Tree Campground). It went so much better than version 2.9! It even goes good enough that I scored a speeding ticket in TN!
  3. Beachbuggy

New Sneakers

I finally got the sneakers on! 245/75/16 Cooper ATP's, 2003 Expo steelies painted charcoal, 1" spacers on the front, 1.25's in the back all on 1.5" of lift
  4. Beachbuggy

My build thread

I did mine for the first time recently, my suggestions: 1. Glue, lots of glue 2. Go slow 3. Glue, lots of glue
  5. Beachbuggy

Parts for Sale

Located in Charlotte, NC Rear Driveshaft SOLD Lift Blocks SOLD Full Set of blue seats SOLD Blue center console SOLD
  6. Beachbuggy

89 Bronco II "Limited" Build

So I started this 4.0 swap
  7. Beachbuggy

Save this truck!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ford-Bronco-II-Eddie-Bauer-1989-ford-brono-ii-eddie-bauer-a-4-ld-trans-4-10-trac-loc-no-motor-no-/370899676620?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item565b57edcc&vxp=mtr#ht_500wt_1182 Prime candidate for a 4.0L swap! Wife said I'm not allowed to buy anything else with a...
  8. Beachbuggy

Sounds like two midgets sword fighting

two of these (one per side): http://www.napaonline.com/Catalog/CatalogItemDetail.aspx?R=UBP82304_0197992971 and radius arm bushings made my midgets go away... just sayin'
  9. Beachbuggy

E Bay Find...

Looks pretty, solid! I bought mine in this neck-o-woods and it is RUST FREEE! http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1989-Ford-Bronco-II-Eddie-Bauer-/121044609242?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item1c2ed228da#ht_500wt_1182
  10. Beachbuggy

Need some tips on how to line up my passenger door on my 86 B2

No- The quarter panel and rocker are welded on. It sounds like you need to make some adjustments at the hinge where it mounts on the body (not the door). Just adding shims at the door/hinge mount point changes all the geometry in the hinge. I would suggest removing all your shims and trying...
  11. Beachbuggy

Looking for new exhaust for 86 B2 2.9

+1- and for what it's worth, my B2 came with a butchered together, gutted cat and dual exhaust. I picked up power when I swapped the cat back in and installed a walker turbo flow system (for a ranger, but it was cheap and fit with very little tweaking)
  12. Beachbuggy

Roof Racks for the B2?

I bought a used Surco rack here for almost nothing, fabricated my own light tabs and added an explorer base from pull-a-part. The explorer rails were easy to mount with a little measuring some nutserts, and it gave me the flexibility to remove the rack or slide it forward/back as desired. I...
  13. Beachbuggy

Lift??

I have this very set in my 89 BII and can't gain enough camber to get 0* (i'm right around +1* with bushing maxed out). However, my springs don't seat well on the center of the spacer. I suspect I've got around 3" of lift because of this. I'd suggest finding a better quality set.
  14. Beachbuggy

to buy or not

I paid $2500 for a absolutely rust free, 100% complete, somewhat mechanically neglected 89 B2 w/ 200k/mi. $3000 seems a little steep, you can pick up a decent truck for $1500-$1800 around here.
  15. Beachbuggy

rear drive shaft

I just installed a shaft from these guys in my 89- fit perfect, works great. I didn't have the time or energy to invest in building a shaft.