•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Recent content by bigmelton

1. B

fuel tank sending unit gasket

I have an 1984 bronco 2. When I fill it up it leaks out of the cap on top where the sending unit is. The o-ring is to big. What size is the correct one or what will work to seal it.
  2. B

tk5 stuck

I have a 84 b2 4x4 2.8 v6 with a tk5 5 speed. My brother borrowed it and when he down shifted coming to a light (engine braking) it got stuck in reverse and 5th. I can't get it in neutral and reverse works fine. When I try to put it in 5th and drive it just dies. I never had a problem with it...
  3. B

Which transmissions can I use for replacement.

I have a 84 bronco 2 4x4 with tk 5 5 speed. I let my brother borrow it and now its stuck in reverse and 5th gear. He said he was downshifting it coming to a stop light when it did it. Can I use a transmission out of a ranger? It's my daily driver and need to know what 5 speeds can I put in it to...
  4. B

4" suspension lift by pieces

I want to do a 4" suspension lift and 33/12.50/15 tires. I'm gonna have to save and buy piece by piece til I have all parts of the puzzle. I wanted to get your guys opinion on what parts and brands that you would recommend. I'm basically wanting a parts list, so I know what to get. I have a 84...
  5. B

84 bronco 2 steering wheel/turning signal problem

Ever since I have owned my b2 the steering wheel is crooked and when I turn on the turning signal I have to hold the turning signal, because if i barely turn the wheel it returns back to its original position like it should. I should be able to turn my wheel a little bit before it pops back...
  6. B

2.8 high idle until i tap the gas

My choke is electric and on the inside is a metal coil. When it would heat up the coil would unwind and start opening the choke plate. It was unplugged when i got the b2 but i wired it up and it would work but i still had the same idle problems. So I just unhooked it and then rotated it so it...
  7. B

I understand that it should idle high when cold but it does this all the time even after it is warmed up. the electric choke has been rigged to keep the choke plate wide open and doesnt move. I'm thinking it may be a loose throttle plate.
  8. B

Every time I start it or when i come to a stop it has a high idle until I tap the gas real quick, then it idles down. It is a 84 bronco 2 with a 5 speed. Any ideals on what it could be?