•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Recent content by Mudhound

1. M

Project Budget Bronco

when the shifter gets there in a day or two, take it for a drive with the sway bars OFF. make sure to go around some good curves, be ready for the roll feeling, though. I took off the rear bar on my 84 and hooked a curve at around 35 that I normally took around 55-60, and it was <not> fun. The...
  2. M

Project Budget Bronco

Looks like a solid builder there. Auto, correct? I might be in Pontoon Beach in a couple of weeks.
  3. M

Finally doing the duraspark

Yeah. it is not tied to the computer crap.
  4. M

Fuel filler hose

I used the outer hose from a 89 S-cab Ranger on my 84 BII.
  5. M

Fuel Neck Filler Hose Help!

You really need to find another hose to go inside the neck, otherwise, you may find that you have one heck of a time getting the fuel in the tank without ALOT of "blowback" from the tank. I cut the end of the inner hose off flush with the larger hose on my BII, and it takes for ever to fill the...
  6. M

anyone look at the new gm to ford2.8 tbi swap article yet?

Nope, not really. It actually has the stripped down column from the donor "X", push button start, fabbed pedal mounts on the floor, a pair of old "race" seats left over from one of our old "dune buggies"with the 5 point harnesses, and a fuel tank from an old Heep out back between the frame rails.
  7. M

86 B2 door latch

Tried one from a Ranger yet?
  8. M

anyone look at the new gm to ford2.8 tbi swap article yet?

I found it to be rather helpful, esp. for the fuel return set-up. Now, I can finish the "go-cart" that the kids and I have been working on for awhile.... 2.8 ( eh, it was left over after the 4.0 swap in the 84 BII) m5, e-shift 'case, all piled on the frame from a 93 "X", with some old 31" Mud...
  9. M

Any bronco 2 tanks into explorers

Go find a 2 tank F-series in the yard, and acquire the plumbing, connectors, wiring and switch. Get a good wiring schematic for the donor and have at. It took most of a day to do our 94 "X". SO nice to keep moving on when everyone else is having to hit the gas stations around here.
  10. M

Fill hose not venting

Good timing on this. I am having the same problem on my 84. Time to do rubber-neck-checking.
  11. M

1988 Bronco II fuel tank

NEVER mind. Just looked and the shipping to me is $91, for a total of $141. I might as well go buy it from Advance Auto. $136, plus, I get 20% off as an employee.
  12. M

1988 Bronco II fuel tank

Wait. WHAT !!!!! ^^^^^
  13. M

Bronco II transfer case swap

Is you 1350 an E shift, or what? You ask about the bolts for the shifter but you also ask about wiring. Is the wiring just for the dash lights, or...? You might try any place that buys scrap trannies for the bolts, as I have found them and the linkages, still on the tranny at times.
  14. M

ttb question

Times 4, kajillion on the sway bar on the road thing. A Cherokee can do well without them ( I REALLY miss my old 88), but, my 84 BII, is WAY too wobbly with even the rear one disco'd on the black top at anything above about 30MPH. Oh, and welcome to the not quite so dark side...
  15. M

Parts from 92-94 Explorer to 86 B2?

Don't forget things like the radiator, front seats that are (most likely) in better shape than yours and bolt to your BIIs' rails, springs (front AND rear) Charcoal canister from the X, brake booster/M/C, TTB mount brackets that are still good, along with the coil buckets, steering gear, etc...