•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Search results

1. shane96ranger

Twister 85 B2 Build

The wire goes to the S, for start. The coil goes to the I, for ignition.
  2. shane96ranger

5.0 in Bronco II

By the Explorer/GT40/Cobra intake standards, the Mustang and Mark VII intakes are not exactly high flow either. May as well get a decent intake right from the get go IMO. I wish I had factory intake flow numbers, but here are the flow figures for the Explorer/GT40/Cobra intakes.
  3. shane96ranger

one front wheel farther back?

Wow, that is ugly! Sent from my Quad Core Acer A210
  4. shane96ranger

one front wheel farther back?

I like that fix! :headbang:
  5. shane96ranger

2001 Mercury Mountaineer

If it is a V8, it's an AWD. There is not a selector, manual or electric, for any change to the transfer case. It is always engaged. Therefore, there is no 4HI to be "stuck" in. To check the VC you can do one of two things. 1. You can pull the front driveline and park it on an incline. Put...
  6. shane96ranger

2001 Mercury Mountaineer

My Brother had a 2001 Explorer with a bad viscous coupling. It grenaded 3 front axles before I figured out what it was. The coupling itself was around 400 dollars. At that point, we replaced the axle one last time (wrecking yard warrantied it) and he drove it slow to a dealer and traded it in...
  7. shane96ranger

Removing the head

I take it this is your first rodeo with a cylinder head? Good luck man!
  8. shane96ranger

Diecast

:icon_rofl: That F100 that they have listed as a 79 is actually a 69 I believe.
  9. shane96ranger

Bad Charging System or Crappy Batteries?

It could very well be a weak alternator. Get it bench tested. I've had the POS that Autozone brings out to your car tell me my alternator on my Escape was bad. I put a new battery in it (warranty), and oliver sudden it tests good now. The alternator is a PITA to pull, so I didn't bench test it.
  10. shane96ranger

Clutch fluid reservoir

I don't see that the reservoir comes in the master cylinder listed for his B2. I looked up a master cylinder for a 91 Explorer because I knew mine came with one. Sure enough, it has one. I think these are interchangeable master cylinders (B2 and Explorer) aren't they? If not, you can probably...
  11. shane96ranger

auto to manual hubs

If it has a Dana 35, yes. If it's a Dana 28, no you can't. I'm thinking the B2 will have a Dana 35, but I believe some 1990's still had the Dana 28 IIRC. Here's a write up showing the difference between the two: http://www.therangerstation.com/tech_library/4wd_Front_Axles.html
  12. shane96ranger

lights come one

:icon_rofl: Nice!
  13. shane96ranger

Jeep Guy Looking at a Bronco II

Just thought I'd say welcome to TRS. Lots of great guys with lots of great info on here.
  14. shane96ranger

Auto hub on manual hub hardware?

Holy cow Rico, that's brutal.
  15. shane96ranger

4.0 radiator swap question

You could always just run an external cooler.
  16. shane96ranger

How hard was the broken plug to extract? Sent from a Commodore 64 using a 300 baud modem
  17. shane96ranger

I've heard of the PB Blaster, or Carb Cleaner method. I would be worried about all of that crud going down in the combustion chamber. I'm fairly certain my 4.6 had the original plugs in it when I changed them a couple months ago. Ford quit using the plugs with shorter threads quite some time...
  18. shane96ranger

Soooo, I have a question or three. You can just slap 4V heads on a 2V block? Or are there a bunch if changes that need to accommodate the change? I would guess the pistons and timing chain setup need to be changed???? Sent from a Commodore 64 using a 300 baud modem
  19. shane96ranger

nT2xYZcXkGk