•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Search results

1. T

86 Bronco II EB seat covers Pn#??

I have a 86 Bronco II and the Driver Seat cover ( The part you sit on) Is not now starting to tear, Does anyone know that Part # from FORD that I can google and PRAY I can find one??? All my other seats are MINT. I think they were the same, Its the CHESTNUT color... Thanks! Chaz
  2. T

B2 Spare Tire Carrier Rattles

MY 86 B2 Spare tire carrier rattles like hell and its annoying! I have replaced the rubber bumper in the cradle and the plastic piece that wrap around the carrier that rests in the cradle (all NOS) It seems like its coming from where the release bar rests on top.. I have tried wrapping the...
  3. T

Pulled Old Engine need help w/ torque Conv.

I just pulled my old engine and the torque converter came off attatched to the flywheel... Have I mad a mistake? SHould I have removed the torque converter before pulling the engine? or can i pull the torque converter and just pop it back on the tansmission stem? Im putting the flywheel on a...
  4. T

Quick STUPID Fuel Filter question

I replaced my canister fuel filter for my 86, I understand what the LARGE Oring is for but what is that LITTLE Oring for??? Chaz
  5. T

Fuel Neck Filler Hose Help!

I am ressurection my 86 B2. I dropped the tank ( gas was 3 years old) and had the tank cleaned and bought a new fuel pump/sending unit. but I noticed on the filler hose the smaller hose inside the filler hose it turned it to mush.. I cut off most of it only about 1 1/2" inches.. Now that...
  6. T

OEM Bronco II Hub Lock Knobs

My 86 B2 had a hub that got REALLY hot and melted part of my manual hub lock.. I cant seem to find a replacement.. Except if i replace the entire hub. I fixed everything but all I need is the nice little RED knob to twist to 4wd. Are they still avail without going aftermarket? Chaz.
  7. T

Bronco II Washer Fluid Sensor Stays Lit

Is there a way to clean the sensor in the washer resevior? The Light on the center console stays on. I CAN unplug it, but I like things to work like they are supposed to. Thanks Guys! Chaz
  8. T

Washer Resivoir Sensor

1986 Bronco II... My Light in my center console stays on! Is there a way to clean the sensor in the tank or do I have to TRY to locate a new one? Chaz.
  9. T

Door Locks Stiff

I have an 86 w/ electric locks. When I use the key its REALLY hard to turn, I have lubed all i can see, the actuators seem to move fine, when I try to unlock the door and turn the key I have to keep pulling up on the door handle til the door unlocks otherwise ill twist off the key in the lock...
  10. T

Transplant 88 to 86 Bronco II 2.9l

I found a GREAT donor for my 86. Its a 88 B2. I want to just seperate the engine from the bell housing and the exhaust manifold and pull it out with evything attached... last time I did this i pretty must dissasembled the entire engine and re assembled it. This engine is perfect so I just...
  11. T

Strong engine.. WEAK accelerator

I bought a 88 2.9l bronco II to use the engine out of to replace my 86 B2 engine. I had the engine tested and the oil pressure and compression was GREAT! But i notcied when i took off (its a standard) i damn near have to floor it for the bronco to move. once its going down tghe road its...
  12. T

Clicking Clutch

I just bought my neighbors 88 Bronco II. When I push in the clutch, it sounds like im pushing on the emergency brake, It clicks and clicks and clicks. Is that something I should worry about? Thanks! Chaz.
  13. T

Hi Vol. Oil pump

I just bought my neighbors 88 Bronco II to slap in my 86 bronco II. I had the oil pressure and compression tested and it was great!!! I have a hi vol. oil pump, when i change engines out, should i install that hi vol oil pump in the donor engine? the engine either has 74K or 174K miles on...
  14. T

88 b2 A/C Problem

My neighbor just bought a little Bronco II. We charged up the AC with 134. the compressor would run for about 3 mins and stop, and run for 2 seconds and turn off, run for 2 seconds and turn off. We jumped the pressure switch and still did the same thing. so we thought it might have been a...
  15. T

How to get fuel outta tank

I have 3/4 tank of gas in my Bronco II that I need to get out, its 2 years old, the truck WILL run, but it STINKS! Is there an easy way to get the gas out? I tried to syphon it, but that didnt work and mine has no drain on the tank. Thanks! Chaz.
  16. T

EEC-IV Pin Breakdown

Does anyone have a breakdown of the pins for a 86 bronco II EEC-IV computer? ex.. pin 33 does this, pin 67 does that?? Thanks! CHaz.
  17. T

5.0 Bronco II Handling

IM about to gut my 2.9 outta my 86 Bronco II and install a 5.0 and c-4 Tranny... I read somewheres that someone did that and threw the whole balance off on the truck.. Has anyone heard of this before that has done this Modification? or is it BS?? Ide like to heard some feedback on people who...
  18. T

My Poor B2!!! Needs a complete transplant

does anyone know of someone in Texas, that has a GOOD used 2.9 and A4LD, maybe one that has been rolled or wrecked? The people who Built my new engine did a crappy job, the people who installed it never put transmission fluid in and burned up my transmission. so i need BOTH an engine and...
  19. T

And I being Scammed????

Am I being Scammed???? I just got my 86 Bronco II back from the shop having a new engine installed. well NOW im having transmission problems! the guy at the shop said he put his computer on the bronco and it said the torque conter solinoid is locking up (thats why it dies on me when im going...
  20. T

Thermostat

I JUST got my Bronco II back from having a new engine installed. They changed the T-STAT in it, and i believe its a 195 Degree. Im in south Texas (SAN ANTONIO) and its hotter than hell here, TRIPLE DIGIT TEMPS! what is the lowest degree T_STAT i can put in the truck without hurting it? that...