•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Search results

1. Twister

At wits end with charging system

So ever since I bought my first Bronco II 4 years ago I have hard the worst, and I mean worst luck with the charging systems. I would go through car batteries about twice a year. Luckily by Walmart battery had a non bs replacement warranty. So I just did the 3g alt swap on my 87 B2 about 1.5...
  2. Twister

Swap Question

I am starting this thread to ask question so i don't clog up my build with them and so they get seen by more people (don't know how many people frequent the B2 build section). I am doing a 302 swap in a 1985 bronco II, i am using an M5OD-R2 from a 02 v6 4x4 F150. 1. What clutch line should i...
  3. Twister

Bad Charging System or Crappy Batteries?

I have had a problem with keeping batteries in both my Bronco II's, i bought a walmart battery about 3 years ago because my brother has had excellent luck with them, i wish i could say the same. I have had to get them replaced under warranty about every 7-8 months. I just got it replaced about a...
  4. Twister

Weird Noise

My truck has started making a strange noise, it use to only make it in gear but has started making it more often and even in park. It only does it at low rpm and when you are driving it doesn't make the noise.
  5. Twister

Twister 85 B2 Build

Well i have a build thread on another site, but that site doesnt get the traffic this site does, so i am going to start a thread here too to get more questions answered faster. A lot of what i am going to post at first is going to be old stuff i did to my truck. Well, i think my Bronco II is...
  6. Twister

Idle Problem

So i have an 87 bronco ii, i replaced the heads about 2 months ago, it runs ok but has a weird idle problem. It will idle fine for the first 5 minutes, then bog down. After driving it some, when i come to a stop, the rpms go up, then drop, then go up then drop. It will eventually try to even...
  7. Twister

What am i doing wrong

I bought an 87 and it needed its head replaced. So replaced them, but now i cant figure out the dizzy. I set the engine to TDC, drop the dizzy in with the rotor pointing where i can easily but the plug wire in the tower in falls on. But i can never get the timing mark to appear when timing off...
  8. Twister

Wont start and Stutters

I have an 85 B2, auto with duraspark. On the way home from work, i got half way and my truck would start to stutter if i gave it some gas, i had to limp home going around 10 - 15 mph. I got it home and i was not able to restart it. I was able to get it started later in the day to show my...
  9. Twister

85 flywheel on an 84

Like the title says. Can i use an flywheel from an 85 B2 on an 84 B2 engine and tranny? It seems to be alot easier to find a new flywheel for an 85 then it does for an 84.
  10. Twister

B2 explorer lift

Ok so I am going to be starting on my explorer lift for my bronco soon and I have a few questions. I am looking into buying new coils for the front but have run into a snag. Does it matter weather they are from a 4dr or 2dr and what brand would you sugesst? Lastly, would duralast brand for...
  11. Twister

Running hot after duraspark

Like the title says. I have an 85 B2 with the 2.8 and auto tranny. I did the duraspark converion about 5 months ago and every since it has ran hotter then before. Last summer it would hover around 195 and would barely hit anything above 200. Now it likes to sit at 205 and will not hesitate to...
  12. Twister

Catback

Has anyone used the Dynomax catback listed in the 2.8 page on their b2?
  13. Twister

Alternator

What alternator can i swap in on my truck that us a direct bolt on that puts out more than 45 amps? Just FYI I have a 85 B2 with a 2.8 thats durasparked
  14. Twister

Green Goo on Oil fill cap

Ok so i got an 85 B2, i just got done durasparking it, so i warmed it up so i can adjust the fuel mixture. I took the air cleaner off and the tube that goes to the oil fill cap has slight smoke coming out of it. So i turn the car off and take the cap off. Inside the cap where the hose goes on...
  15. Twister

Auto To Manual Swap

Ok so my a4ld gave me the finger today and dumped all it fluids on the ground and wont hold fluid anymore. I have an 84 Bronco II with a manual. I have a few questions and if someone could point me in the direction of perhaps a tech writeup or thread showing a auto to manual swap. How difficult...
  16. Twister

4l a4ld

OK so i have a 85 Bronco II and i am pretty sure my tranny crapped out on me today. How much work is it to swap in a A4LD from an explorer?
  17. Twister

Duraspark/TBI

OK so i am planning on doing the tbi swap on my 2.8. AS with the duraspark i was told i need to have a switch for my a4ld. Do i need to have this to drive the car after i do it or is it just for the overdrive. Am i going to fry my trans if i dont put a switch on it right away?
  18. Twister

Tach

Could I take the factory tach from another B2 and put it in mine where the oil pressure, temp, volt meter and gas gauge goes.
  19. Twister

Fuel Injection

Ok so i am looking to do the fuel injection for the 2.8. The carb stuff just confuses me to much so i thought i would just go with the fuel injection. so my question is, will i have to have a switch for the converter lock up like for the duraspark? I have an 85 with the a4ld.
  20. Twister

New Radiator

Ok so i bought a new explorer rad for my B2, do i need a 13lb or 16lb rad cap?