•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Search results

1. 04sd

lots and lots of questions!!!

Swap in the d35 and 8.8 from the Ex also. And unless you already have a lift swap in the Ex springs also. Might also want to go with Ex t-case unless yours is a manual case.
  2. 04sd

Ranger Cab on a B2 frame

Mines pretty much done, turned out well. Not as short as the BII but I'm real happy with the 2 door Ex chassis. Handles and rides better than the BII did and it's still short enough to make it real manuverable.
  3. 04sd

Ranger Cab on a B2 frame

Looking good Dave, about time you get that truck done :)
  4. 04sd

85 front clip on 90 BII?

Besides needing to swap out the radiator support the gen 1 front bumper won't bolt on to the gen 2 frame. Either need a custom front bumper or mods to firr the stock bumper.
  5. 04sd

finally chopped it

IMHO, 0.25" is overkill and just adds extra weight up high where you don't want it. 2" x 0.120" will work.
  6. 04sd

front end popping!!! WHY???

Either radius arm bushings or the axle moving in the front end of the radius arm.
  7. 04sd

swap 2.9 in place of 4.0?

If it were me I'd sell the 2.9 and buy a 4.0 to put in. Should end up being a break even deal and a lot less hassle.
  8. 04sd

finally chopped it

The problem with most chops is they're hack jobs. If you do a nice job they look really good, can be very functional, and look like a factory built truck. http://www.flickr.com/photos/9970648@N06/sets/72157600761070252/
  9. 04sd

Explorer 2dr to 4dr leaf spring swap

I believe you're wrong on this. 4 dr and 2 dr springs are not the same but they do interchange. The springs you thought were from a 2 dr must have been from something else.
  10. 04sd

Explorer 2dr to 4dr leaf spring swap

The 4 door has heavier springs but no idea how much lift it'll give you. If your main leaf is OK I'd just get a set of 4 door springs and start adding a few leaves to your current spring pack and try it out, especially since you also want it a little stiffer.
  11. 04sd

1985 Bii onto a 1990 frame

I would think it'll bolt on but unless your '85 frame is bad why? Your '85 front bumper won't bolt to the '90 frame. The '90 will have a single high pressure fuel pump in the tank for EFI, vs the carb'd '85. If you want stronger axles for your BII just go find a junk 1st gen Explorer.
  12. 04sd

pic wanted stock sup. with bushwacker flares

These aren't BW cutouts though.
  13. 04sd

I'm pretty sure the BII drivers side rear has a notch for the gas door. Ranger rear does not.
  14. 04sd

Not sure of the tire size but it's probably close.... http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2065446/1988-ford-bronco-ii
  15. 04sd

broken axels at the steering knuckel again

I'll second that. Why would anyone fix a d28. Even if the parts were free to fix it, I wouldn't want the risk of it breaking and leaving me potentially stuck without 4wd.
  16. 04sd

4x4 wont work

Read through this .... http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=123542 I've repaired that little plastic bushing on three different trucks.
  17. 04sd

stretching the wheel base

This might be of some interest to you... **bed shortening**
  18. 04sd

Bronco II overcool

Time to find another supplier for a good t-stat. Once the engine is warmed up it should stay warmed up.
  19. 04sd

opinions on a better truck

:icon_thumby:
  20. 04sd

Anyone using a rubber mat . . .

Bedliner works nice but you lose the insulation. The problem with rubber over insulation is that if you get water under the rubber the insulation will never dry out. Bedliner comes in lots of colors also to match you interior.