•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Search results

1. M

oil additive for noisy lifters

any suggestions for oil additive for noisy lifters. Recently picked up a 91 explorer.
  2. M

Junkyard Find

Stopped by the junkyard on my way home from work. Picked up 1 manual locking hub and 2 sets of axle nut/spacers for manual hubs from an early 89 B2.. Total price $17.50. I assume this is all I need to change from auto to manual locking hubs dana 28. Still on the look out for another manual hub.
  3. M

4WD problems

I went on a weekend trip in southern Missouri with my 89 B2. 4wd was working great until I got it stuck in a creek. the engine just died and lost my momentum. The engine started right back up but I had to get pulled out.There are no good tie points on the front of the B2 so I hooked it to the...
  4. M

pinion seal

I have a 89 B2. is this a 7.5 rear end? while changing Drive shaft I thought I would change pinion seal. Fluid pours out when I removed nut and flange to check splines. just need to know which part to get at parts store. Anyone change pinion seal b4? any write up or steps? While I have Drive...
  5. M

high rpm's at 55mph

I thought my transmission wasnt shifting into OD but last time i drove it i counted. It shifted to all 4 gears but im running around 4000 rpms at 55 mph and as far as i know the gearing is all stock. is this normal? 89 b2 automatic. Also wheres the best and cheapest place to buy a CV driveshaft?
  6. M

not shifting into OD

I am slowly bringing an 89 B2 2.9 Automatic back to life. The tranny wont shift into OD . Other than not shifting into OD it shifts good in all other gears.. Supposedly it shifted great b4 it sat for so many years. Im hoping its something simple. I dont want to sink any more money into this...
  7. M

noise from rear end

I am slowly bringing an 89 B2 2.9 Automatic back to life after sitting for a few years. I notice when taking off a little harder than normal from a stop I hear a grinding/popping noise from rear end. If I take off slow or normal from a stop I do not hear a noise. Could this be My CV drive shaft...
  8. M

Am I getting false oil pressure reading?

I recently acquired an 89 Bronco II. Was told its been sitting for 3 plus years and driven 2000 miles in the past 11 years according to oil change sticker in the window. It wasn't running when I got it and would only run on starting fluid or gas sprayed into the intake. after replacing fuel pump...
  9. M

89 broncoII not running.. been sitting for a few years

I just Bought an 89 BroncoII that has been sitting for the past 3+ years. Going by the oil change sticker in the windshield its been driven about 2000 miles in the past 11 years. It will only run for a second if your spray gas in the intake. I have replaced the fuel pump and strainer assembly...