•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

1989 FX4 BII, resto-mod project

Boggin

Reaction score
hey man no prob, as you can see ive got bigger things to worry about at the moment anyways haha

jhammel85

On here ignoring work
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.9 V6
Awesome work on that bumper

Boggin

Reaction score
thanks man

took the ranger out today, i tihnk the engine is on its last straw. i finally got her running after trying her for several hours last night. so today i got my dad to pour some gas down the intake tube while i turned her over and she started but man it was horrible. the only way she would stay going is if i kept her right on the mat and full throttle and even then she would stay at 1500rpm. then she would die down and go to 2000, then die down and go to 2300. then i let her idle and she would shut off a couple times and the engine was knocking very very very loud every so often. but after probably 15 minutes she was working ok and then i was beating on her and running her through snowbanks up past the bumper and just giving her a good going over, then she shut off when i tried to throw her back in reverse or park but i still managed to get around. i think im gonna change the plugs that should make her a bit better

jhammel85

On here ignoring work
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.9 V6
Aw man, that sucks. When did all that start w/ the motor? It's a rod knock I assume..

Boggin

Reaction score
this morning is the first time i heard it

4x4b2

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ford
Engine Size
2.9l v6
dumbass...jkjk boggin, that sucks

Boggin

Reaction score
and heres a couple pics i took the other day

and im still rocking the ranger lol shes the rig for beating around the snow in.. today i was pushing snow banks with the bumper over 2 feet high, i can believe how good this thing is in snow, dad couldnt even believe it lol it was all fun til i broke the beat on a tire and had to throw the spare on in the dark and -20 and 2 feet of snow lol

Boggin

Reaction score
im wondering if a 3" body lift will be too much to add with the 6" suspension and 33s..

4.0B2

1000+ Watt Stereo
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 v6
i wouldn't do it... that's 9 inches man.. you'd need 37's!

86 slo-vo

02/2011 OTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ford
Engine Size
way too much, if it were me....no body lift and max 4 inch lift

Boggin

Reaction score
yeah thats true 9" is overkill. and jon a 6" lift and 33s are perfect with 33s i love it

Boggin

Reaction score
also i think im settled on paint. the whole truck in either satin or gloss black. and the bottom part in CamoWrap like how it is going around the bottom on this truck

only im thinking this for the camo pattern

photoshops accepted :D

Boggin

Reaction score
im kinda thinking of ditching the idea of susp lift, and just throwing on 3" body lift, 2" coil spacers and 2" rear blocks. thats still 5" of lift there and i already got everything to do it so the most it will cost me is the cost of washers. i got the blocks and body lift and everything already. then thats an extra $300 ill still have for gears

kroussinoffroad

October 2011 OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ferd
Engine Size
that's what's on the DWB. we cleared 33's with the BL and minor trimming. they rubbed when fully flexed but the SL took care of that

Boggin

Reaction score
yeah. i really want that susp lift but like i told you other things came up and i already have all the gear to lift it 5" like i mentioned above, then i only gotta come up with 300 for the gears and then shipping. damn these things costs money to have fun lol

Boggin

Reaction score
just ordered wheel adapters. now i can slap the 33s on her like she is, ill just put them on the rear and see if its tolerable with the gears she has. ill probably soon start taking the body lift off the ranger and putting it on the b2 too.

kroussinoffroad

October 2011 OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ferd
Engine Size
lookin forward to see some progress. my next susp setup is gonna be low and just cut the snot outta the fender's. i really need to lower my CG

Boggin

Reaction score
yeah i like low ones too but i dont wanna chop this one up shes too clean lol