•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

1989 FX4 BII, resto-mod project

kroussinoffroad

October 2011 OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ferd
Engine Size
yeah i dont blame ya there, I'm over that. let the spark's fly on my truck . i need to do something to this damn truck i'm losing motivation and direction with it. on the up tho it is back sittin in my yard again feel alot better about that.

4.0B2

1000+ Watt Stereo
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 v6
if you do a body lift, just address the stiffs springs of the ttb. get some xj springs and a better rear pack for flex. then get some nice shocks (bilstiens) and you'll be set.

Boggin

Reaction score
yeah i deffinetly plan on xj springs and when i do shocks it will be f250 towers

4.0B2

1000+ Watt Stereo
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 v6
yeah i deffinetly plan on xj springs and when i do shocks it will be f250 towers
one of my buddy's just gave me a set of stock xj springs. dang them things are soft compared to the ttb. i'm gonna use it as a base figure when i do the axle swap to see what i really need to get the ride height i want.

Boggin

Reaction score
theres a guy i know in the city around 5 hrs from me he used to have a b2 and it was jacked up with 35s (and a d28!) he got a couple spare parts left over and he told me a few days ago i could have the spare tire carrier piece that bolts on to the hatch which i really need/want. so my brother lives in a couple mins from him so he will take it home for me this weekend, but then the guy with the parts said i can take the whole hatch if i wanted because he will just throw it out. unfortunately it dont have the pop up window just the rear wiper. i think ill see if i still got the wiring and windshield wash fluid tank that came out of another b2 i had and hook up the wiper that would be cool

Ranger Sport Honduras

Zoom Zoom
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Mazda
Engine Size
also i think im settled on paint. the whole truck in either satin or gloss black. and the bottom part in CamoWrap like how it is going around the bottom on this truck

only im thinking this for the camo pattern

photoshops accepted :D
thats plain fugly man. please dont

looks like u took your house curtains and glued em on the truck

Boggin

Reaction score
honestly i havent decided on a camo pattern yet. ill pick out a version once i see the booklet at the store that im getting it from

Boggin

Reaction score
this is the 6000k's in my brothers truck, same lights ill be getting for the b2

stock HIGH beams

hid LOW beams

and heres a pic of his truck

may be a chevy but i love her. fully decked interior, full center console, heated leather seats, factory bose subs, she now has 285s (until next summer) and a tbar crank. hes hoping to get a susp lift for her next summer with 35s

and nope shes not a street queen

we also had her airbourne in a sawdust pit a couple weekends ago lol

Boggin

Reaction score
payment from paypal cleared today for my wheel adapters.i ordered the 5x4.5 to 5x5.5 bolt pattern adapters so i can just take the rims and tires off the 79 aand bolt the adapters and wheels up on the b2.and they are 1.5" wide so the tires will be out a nice few inches. its 33x12.50 daytona m/ts on 15x8 d-windows with 3.75" backspace.

for those who dont remember its the tires and rims on this baby. im not using her now so she is fine sitting on blocks until i decide to get her out again ill be getting a set of 35s for her and another set of rims somewhere.

as you can tell, the front ones are wore a bit but the back ones are like new damn i cant wait to get them bolted up and the lift of kroussin!

Boggin

Reaction score
new/free hatch

took a couple pics of removing the axle shaft but the camera died

awesome tool

and the ranger is still kickin

4.0B2

1000+ Watt Stereo
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 v6
wait.. you got the hatch for free? i'm jealous... lol
so when is all that snow gonna melt?!

kroussinoffroad

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ferd
Engine Size
got the hub's and shifter/linkage (minus the plate that bolt's to the x-case) boxed up, Pm me your info and maybe i can get them shipped out by mid march (J/K)

Boggin

Reaction score
got the hub's and shifter/linkage (minus the plate that bolt's to the x-case) boxed up, Pm me your info and maybe i can get them shipped out by mid march (J/K)
haha prob better to wait till the rest of the gear is ready to ship so i get it all at once right lol

kroussinoffroad

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ferd
Engine Size
alright. only problem with that is i dont think were swapin the 44 in the B2 till next winter now. so the good drop bracket's will be in use this summer or atleast till he smoke's the 28.

02RangerXLT

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
You'd love Nebraska... I went to U-Pull-It today... there were at least 15 B2's there... hell, one of them even had a leather racing seat!

Boggin

Reaction score
just realized i need a new rear drive shaft. i only have the cv shaft now and that aint gonna work with the 6" lift correct? oh well ill modify one from a ranger to fit it. i got a spare from an 86 4x4 ranger ill use that one. or maybe ill use the one on my old 88 2wd. the rear dshaft on that is freakin HUGE. might be aluminum though, not sure.

Boggin

Reaction score
also. ill be home to my baby (b2) in i think 2 or 3 days. think im gonna be prepping it for paint. like scuff down the whole body. and probably gonna scuff down the underside of her and rocker-guard it. or some good undercoating. i like rocker guard cause where its rubberized its tough as nails, i painted my 79 with that and shes been through plenty of trees and paint is still holding up on her good