•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

43" tires on a BII

D'cheat

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
302 v8
Ahh. That explains allot. The BII's coils have a extra wind to them to seat better in the buckets. So the top is offset to accommodate that. Id cut off the very top of the bucket and weld in some flat plate. That may well take care of your problem.

spdcrazy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
mostly 86
Vehicle
B2
Engine Size
2.9 bored and cammed
Ahh. That explains allot. The BII's coils have a extra wind to them to seat better in the buckets. So the top is offset to accommodate that. Id cut off the very top of the bucket and weld in some flat plate. That may well take care of your problem.
that is exactly what i did!. however i left a little indent in the back to "capture" the coil and help level it out. had to even add a shim to one side.

sorry i don't have any pics for ya of the coils bowing, i need to make some minor changes, but i want to build new coil buckets. might just wait till summer. winter is for playing in the b2 and building the 300zx

D'cheat

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
302 v8
Happy Thanksgiving! And to those of you who are asshats, Happy Holidays!

59bisquik

April 2011 OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
Im subscribing to this and the Pirate thread! I really like the idea of huge tires and little to no lift. It would take a bit of body work, but I have thought of doing this too. :headbang:

spdcrazy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
mostly 86
Vehicle
B2
Engine Size
2.9 bored and cammed
ya whats new on the b2 cheat?

D'cheat

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
302 v8
Thanks for subscribing 59bisquik! Heh, little body work? I think by the end of this project, there will be little body to work with :D
She might look a little goofy, but im certain that it will prove to be a winning combination on the trails.

Absolutely no significant new progress to report. I burned in all the brackets for the hydro steering and welded the new rear spring perches in place. Converted the D70 to disk brakes. Picked up a set of 35 spline shafts for the rear as well. Thats about it. I shot Ballistic Fab another e-mail looking for an ETA on my rod ends and air shocks. Once they arrive I can get this show on the road.

Andres629

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1985/91
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.9 screamer
Subscribed. This thing is awesome! :headbang::headbang:

59bisquik

April 2011 OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
:D:D:icon_welder::D:D

D'cheat

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
302 v8
:grinpimp:

The dulie hubs are still on. That problem will be fixed shortly. Untill then, it sure made it easy to slip that axle under.

D'cheat

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
302 v8
FYI. Welding 3/8" plate sucks. I had to do 3 and sometimes 4 passes to get a nice solid weld. BlueTorch fab's bending skills didnt help much at all with this. The front truss/hydro steering kit was designed for a ford D60. Their crummy break bends must have been off by 1/4" to get this bad. Gaps all over the place. Up to 1/2" on the drivers side leaf perch. The game of "Weld, grind repeat." gets old after a few hours. Still not quite done with it. There are 2 welds that Im not completely happy with. Ill grind them down and do another pass or two when I get the time.

The_Dealer

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Duh!
half the body lol:thefinger:

lookin good keep the pics commin

D'cheat

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
302 v8
Ive been hassling Ballistic for an ETA on my parts. Short of it is they dont know when it will hit my door. Fawk it. I canceled the order. Once the $$ is refunded ill be getting my goodies elsewhere. Sucks. I was Really looking forward to getting their remote reservoir air shocks.

RUTH

September 2010 OTOTM
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
sorry to hear you had to cancel the order.... but just so you know.. i got my doubler put in tonight :)

D'cheat

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
302 v8
Ya did? Nice :) How did it go? Any major issues? I have got to get my ass over to you neck of the woods and check your rig out!

Maverick

FoMoCo MoFo
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ive been hassling Ballistic for an ETA on my parts. Short of it is they dont know when it will hit my door. Fawk it. I canceled the order. Once the $$ is refunded ill be getting my goodies elsewhere. Sucks. I was Really looking forward to getting their remote reservoir air shocks.
Both times I've ordered from Ballistic I've had issues. Both times I waited weeks for parts. I know of more people that have had the experience I've had than people with good experiences. Their customer service and communication with each other within the business sucks. The quality of their parts is great and are reasonably priced too, but I can't say if they'll ever get my business again.

RUTH

September 2010 OTOTM
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
it went good.. i built it all from scratch except the shaft, had dutchman build that, ill get some pics up, and the crawl ratio works out to be like 124:1 and im happy with that, but now i will deff have to find a HP 60. and you wouldnt have the need for any explorer parts (91) would you ???