•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

B2 Inspiration (Who inspires you?)

Jim Oaks

Administrator
Administrator
Founder
Article Contributor
Reaction score
Found him. Smash9002.

I was going to nominate him for TOTM a while back, but he never responded to my PM. :dntknw:

I like it more Pre-Full Roll Cage & Rear Seats than I do with them.

My dream BII can be found here. If you like to read, check it out and tell me what you think.
I like it even better after he added the cage......

UrbanRedneckKid

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
my lil baby b2 wants to grow up and be this...its in the tech forum i love the look of this rig....hahah i already got the black wheels..lol thats a start
Last I heard this truck was 2wd... Anyone know if he converted yet?

Sunk

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
Looks like it has a front axle... If you look hard you can see the hubs. Doesn't necessarily mean its 4wd though.

CopyKat

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Looks like it has a front axle... If you look hard you can see the hubs. Doesn't necessarily mean its 4wd though.
It was originally a 2wd lowered Bronco and he decided to go the other way and lifted it. At the same time he did convert it to a 4x4. He went by the name buddy1977 or something like that.

I'm sure he's still around. He's done one of the nicest jobs on 1/4 or 1/8th doors that I have seen. 351rangers 1/2 doors top that though. Definatly inspirations for my future 3/4 doors.

koda6966

1000+ Watt Stereo
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
I like it even better after he added the cage......
I don't know, just not my style. I'm not a fan of rear seats in them with a chop-top.

I would build the inner cage, but bring it backwards into sort of a regular style roll bar for the bed. That way, the driver and one passenger are still safe. To keep the other riders safe just ditch the seats and then no one else will ask to come. :icon_thumby:

Hahnsb2

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
88-95
Vehicle
Ford-Dodge
Engine Size
4.0-5.2 Turbo
Never been much of a fan of the chop tops for some reason, I like a nice closed cab. I do like brangers though, I'd have to do an extended cab though, I like room for shit.

mjonesjr

I dance with the Devil...
Firefighter
Reaction score
Never been much of a fan of the chop tops for some reason, I like a nice closed cab. I do like brangers though, I'd have to do an extended cab though, I like room for shit.
I like the BII's with the full top on them also. I don't care for the chops either.

Randy M.

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
I've had so many RBV's now that I can't remember them all. The one truck the two trucks that always stand out in my mind are Aaron Diones and our very own Ryan Nwu. Ryans truck worked pretty well but it was the overall look of it I liked. I looked heavy and tuff just sitting in the parking lot. I actually ended up buying quite a few parts from it after he sold it to Chubby, And Aaron's speaks for itself.

Here's Aarons:

http://www.therangerstation.com/galleries/OffroadRangers/AaronDionne2.html

Ryans page is missing....

Here's mine:

http://www.therangerstation.com/Magazine/spring07/Badlands_2007/badlands2007_randy3.JPG

Jspafford

Logan Andrew Feb 17, 2012
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L
I've had so many RBV's now that I can't remember them all. The one truck the two trucks that always stand out in my mind are Aaron Diones and our very own Ryan Nwu. Ryans truck worked pretty well but it was the overall look of it I liked. I looked heavy and tuff just sitting in the parking lot. I actually ended up buying quite a few parts from it after he sold it to Chubby, And Aaron's speaks for itself.

Here's Aarons:

http://www.therangerstation.com/galleries/OffroadRangers/AaronDionne2.html

Ryans page is missing....

Here's mine:

http://www.therangerstation.com/Magazine/spring07/Badlands_2007/badlands2007_randy3.JPG
I would like to see TRS-1 up close.

I am hooked on your B2 Randy... One of these days I'm gonna hit the trails with you.

You can't see the hood scoop in that picture

:stirthepot:

Randy M.

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
TRS-1 was a real neat truck, once the electrical system was fixed. (Jim...had to bust your chops on it again)

I've seen WAY to much of TRS-2. I was the one who did the body and paint work on it. When Jim got it, it smelled like wet dogs had been living in it.

The scoop on my truck will be gone very soon and will be replace with a cobra style scoop. I hope to have the body and paint work done this winter.

Jspafford

Logan Andrew Feb 17, 2012
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L
TRS-1 was a real neat truck, once the electrical system was fixed. (Jim...had to bust your chops on it again)

I've seen WAY to much of TRS-2. I was the one who did the body and paint work on it. When Jim got it, it smelled like wet dogs had been living in it.

The scoop on my truck will be gone very soon and will be replace with a cobra style scoop. I hope to have the body and paint work done this winter.
You CANNOT do away with the mailbox Randy. At least save the hood!

buddy1977

Reaction score
Nope the old bronco still looks very similar to this. I did however convert it from a low riding (yes it was lowered 4" front and 5" rear) 2wd to what you see in the picture though. I converted it to 4wd during the install of the lift and all the other work I did on the truck.

Thanks for the compliments though...

Here is a recent pic of the truck while out playing

Last edited:

BlackBII

Cheaf of Grammor Poleace
Article Contributor
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
I have always loved this one from broncoii.org...
And I have seen it in person! It's friggin sweet! (the guy lives like 40mi north of me I beleive, it is on CarDomain as well, and it used to be gold/brown)

Last edited:

mikepotts

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
i had mine in the process before i saw his, but i would have to say i got some good ideas from "The Punisher".

86ford

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
FORD
Engine Size
4.0, abused and misunderstood
i cant say anyone in particular has inspired me. my real goal is to have the lowest center of gravity possible and the biggest tires possible. i am currently running 33s on 2-3 inches of lift. i am VERY happy with its climbing abilities and see new ideas every day from other TRS members and if given the time and funds i will incorporate into my b2. i have seen randyM's b2 up close and it is clean, way to clean for me! randy knows what mine looks like i bought it from him, it just gets uglier every wheeling trip, fender trim, can of random spray paint, rust hole etc.

Todd

HCT
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
90/91/99/04
Engine Size
Junkie and Will for the win with the front end. And myself, lol.