•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

d35 swap???

earlsbII

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
What all do I need to grab from the donor truck at the jy?? And what is the best axle code???

kunar

Odd One
Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
this is one of those topics thats been discussed over and over and over. search, the answers are out there. either in the forums or in the tech library. if you use the "google custom search" at the top right of the page, it will search both.

adsm08

Ford Technician
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
Best axle to get is the 95 - 97. Axle code just tells you what gears are in it. That needs to be matched to the rear axle.

Take the big nuts off the rear of the rad arms, unbolt the shocks, and the frame brackets. There is your axle.

Postin' from teh Galaxy

earlsbII

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Thanks adsm08 i just needed to know like rotors. What about the other axle shaft? I only wanna make one trip to the jy. What is a good year 8.8 to get. And is all the tech stuff go for bIIs? They are all done eith rangers. That is why I am curious.

alwaysFlOoReD

Blang - not bling
Forum Moderator
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'91, '93, '98
Vehicle
Various
Engine Size
4.0, 4.0, 4.6
Suspension Style
4wd
Thanks adsm08 i just needed to know like rotors.
I think those are the years that have the best rotors

What about the other axle shaft?
You want to grab both sides. Or are you talking about the rear axle, or maybe thinking straight axle?

I only wanna make one trip to the jy. What is a good year 8.8 to get. And is all the tech stuff go for bIIs? They are all done eith rangers.
99% of tech for rangers apply to b-II That is why I am curious.
You need to look at what you want your truck to do and then plan accordingly. A look thru the tech library, TRS magazine, and resources at the top of the page will help you immensely.
Good luck,

Richard

4x4junkie

Mall-Rated
Forum Moderator
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L, 4.0L
Need the D35 steering linkage too (unless you're going aftermarket or a conversion)

earlsbII

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Thanks yall. I have a Rough Country 4" lift on it. Just trying to build a decent rig til I get another truck then its on!!! Lol

4.0B2

1000+ Watt Stereo
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 v6
complete axle, steering and all, radius arms... best code really depends on tire size and what you wanna do with it. best option is finding a 4.10 gear set but ttb 4.10 gears are hard to find...

for the 8.8, the disc brake 8.8 from the explorer with 4.10 (open or limited, depends) is the bets option.