•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

disciplerocks's B2 build thread

disciplerocks

July 2011 OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
There's a bit more weight in the rear of a B2 than a bedless Ranger.

Just got back from AZ with a double female fitting. Hope to have her drivable tomorrow.

4.0B2

1000+ Watt Stereo
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 v6
You'll be amazed at how much better your braking is with it bypassed.

On my b2, I was changing front brakes one day and realized I've never checked the rear-- I've owned it about 2 years at this point. So I pop the drum off- pads looked brand new. So I got to l got to looking, I didn't have fluid back there. Figured it to be the abs crap so I bypassed it and I was amazed at the stopping power. It's great. So we checked the EX's rear pads- and behold: new pads there to. So bypassed it same day

Boggin

Reaction score
is that the big box where all the wires join down on the drivers side frame rail?

disciplerocks

July 2011 OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
Yeah right in front of the fuel filter. has brake lines going to it.

NMB2

July 2010 OTOTM Winner
U.S. Military - Veteran
V8 Engine Swap
1000+ Watt Stereo
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ford
Engine Size
5.0 V8
so is this what you guys are bypassing?

RangerSVT

Oct 09 OTOTM
Supporting Member
1000+ Watt Stereo
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
GT-40 5.0L EFI W/AC
No, thats the proportioning valve with a pressure sensor on it. Different years vary, I've seen em in the back on the back side of the fuel tank on the frame rail, along the frame rail in the area of your trans crossmember, and newer models are up on the firewall. I'll be bypassing mine when the new axles go in. Wait, they're going in now :yahoo: I better get to bypassing !!
SVT

NMB2

July 2010 OTOTM Winner
U.S. Military - Veteran
V8 Engine Swap
1000+ Watt Stereo
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ford
Engine Size
5.0 V8
No, thats the proportioning valve with a pressure sensor on it. Different years vary, I've seen em in the back on the back side of the fuel tank on the frame rail, along the frame rail in the area of your trans crossmember, and newer models are up on the firewall. I'll be bypassing mine when the new axles go in. Wait, they're going in now :yahoo: I better get to bypassing !!
SVT
I know exactly what it is, and on all 3 of my B2's it was in the location they are describing. I was making sure they weren't bypassing the prop valve.

its dumb to bypass it, it will save your ass if you lose a brake line.

RangerSVT

Oct 09 OTOTM
Supporting Member
1000+ Watt Stereo
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
GT-40 5.0L EFI W/AC
Yeah, its easy to mistaken the prop valve for the ABS module :icon_thumby:
SVT

disciplerocks

July 2011 OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
Its not dumb, if it doesnt work. I would like to have rear brakes for once.

Jay'94

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1994, 1987
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
4.0, 5.8
so is this what you guys are bypassing?

Dustin, that's got to go back in! Propo valve. They do occasionally go bad though, which could affect your no rear brakes.

disciplerocks

July 2011 OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
No thats not it. I dont have whatever that is. The unit I am bypassing only has 2 brake lines. One from rear axle, the other from the master cylinder. Its has a 4 wire plug in the middle.

4.0B2

1000+ Watt Stereo
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 v6
and if you know how to drive, and can keep your brakes from locking up... you can stop a lot faster than with abs locking and unlocking your brakes. its awesome for pulling trailers- non-abs helps a lot.. i wouldn't consider putting it back on my truck at all. my b2 and ex have been abs-less for about 5-6 years now..

NMB2

July 2010 OTOTM Winner
U.S. Military - Veteran
V8 Engine Swap
1000+ Watt Stereo
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ford
Engine Size
5.0 V8
Its not dumb, if it doesnt work. I would like to have rear brakes for once.
If we were infact talking about your Prop valve, yes, it is stupid to remove it. Number 1, having full power going to your rear drums will destroy the wheel cylinders and your pads. and number 2, if you lose a brake line, there is a piston inside that will close off that end. Which alot of times can happen, leaving the rear without fluid, you Have to reset it.

No thats not it. I dont have whatever that is. The unit I am bypassing only has 2 brake lines. One from rear axle, the other from the master cylinder. Its has a 4 wire plug in the middle.
You do have a prop valve, but what you pictured is not it.

and if you know how to drive, and can keep your brakes from locking up... you can stop a lot faster than with abs locking and unlocking your brakes. its awesome for pulling trailers- non-abs helps a lot.. i wouldn't consider putting it back on my truck at all. my b2 and ex have been abs-less for about 5-6 years now..
being ABS-less is no big deal. I was making sure you guys werent removing your prop valves.

disciplerocks

July 2011 OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
If I have one of those, I dont know where it could be. I followed the line from the master to the bad unit I am bypassing, then from that to the rear axle. Never seen that thing. I do remember seeing one on my Explorer donor though.

dangerranger83

Solid Axle Swap
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
5.0 HO carbed with an np435 and np208
Mine is tucked up in the frame rail right under the drivers side door.

On a van we had, rear brake line went out and lost the rear brakes but the valve made it so that we could keep our front brakes till we got home. Well when my dad and I tried to bleed the rear brake, couldnt get fluid to come out the lines. The solution that I did was put a vacuum on the bleeder screw (aka suck on it with a long clear tube) when it was open and for some reason allowed fluid to go through the valve and only then were wer allowed to bleed the rear brakes. And yes this van did have ABS.

NMB2

July 2010 OTOTM Winner
U.S. Military - Veteran
V8 Engine Swap
1000+ Watt Stereo
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ford
Engine Size
5.0 V8
Mine is tucked up in the frame rail right under the drivers side door.

On a van we had, rear brake line went out and lost the rear brakes but the valve made it so that we could keep our front brakes till we got home. Well when my dad and I tried to bleed the rear brake, couldnt get fluid to come out the lines. The solution that I did was put a vacuum on the bleeder screw (aka suck on it with a long clear tube) when it was open and for some reason allowed fluid to go through the valve and only then were wer allowed to bleed the rear brakes. And yes this van did have ABS.
you can do that, or what I usually have done is when you re-fill the master... pump the brakes a few times. then violently hammer the brakes repeatedly, sitting in the driver seat. It'll pop the valve back to center.

I was just looking out for you guys, making sure you werent doing things you didnt have to/are unsafe.