•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Half door mirrors?

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
FORD
Engine Size
BIGGER
i think my next setup will keep just the door frame perimeter beefed up with some tube and plate and just have various inserts and snap ins for weather/mosquito proofing. i have seen it in one form or another on jeeps and rbv's, broncos and blazers and seems the best way to go for max usability.

the tubes i have were meant to be a temporary fix to keep dot off my ass and protect my b pillars and i just never finished my other options that were planned as they were traded and sold off before they were completed. they are very simple and easy to work with as is but where i am currently located they are not as necessary due to less heat and much more invasive bug situation where i currently reside.

unoleisu

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ford
Engine Size
WAHHHHH!!! my generation has no imagination!!! I need to SEE PICCCSSS!!!! Wahhhh!!!

Ok, well here are some preliminary pics. Doors are not mounted yet, I had to go to a job interveiw instead. Guess I'll shoot for this weekend.

Attachments

Downey

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ford
Engine Size
why did you put the removable steel in?

unoleisu

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ford
Engine Size
OK, you asked for it. This may not be logical to you guys, but makes perfect sense to me. I want to be able to keep the half doors on all summer long, but have a reasonable amount of security when I go into the city, (Oklahoma city isn't the most safe and secure place, and things walk away pretty easily) So I am making them lockable and relatively secure.
Also, my wife and daughter will not get in it with out the panels installed, (They think they'll fall out). Since I am inherently lazy, I want to be able to pull the panels out at will, instead of swapping doors all the time, since this is my daily driver as well.
I still have not made "window" inserts yet.

There. Are ya ok with that? ;)

country0001

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford,Ford
Engine Size
:yahoo::headbang::icon_thumby:

Sweet. I like em. I need a set of those made, stat. Lol

unoleisu

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ford
Engine Size
This was probably more time consuming than most people would want to put in to it. I like it, though. I can also remove side panels to access the latching mechanisms, and bolts, ect. inside the frame.
Country, If you got the money, I got the time..... heh, heh, heh,....$$$$

JK. You're welcome to come on down and take a close look for your project. I did things a particular way to meet certain needs/ wants, but there are lots of other ways to make these, fairly quickly... I think the biggest problem I had was getting the window guts out without breaking anything, so I could give them to Mike Boss

BONES

Solid Axle Swap
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
gt40 5L
I just cut the door so I could still use the factory mirror.

unoleisu

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ford
Engine Size
Bones, I like your doors, and almost went with that cut-out pattern, but decided to go more open.
I like your bumper, too, which is a project coming up. It may be delayed a little.
I think I just got hired by NAPA. :)

azbronco2

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L
I took my doors off completly and am going to make a two piece mount that comes apart and mounts to the to hinge area. I am going to make it like a quick disconnect for a sway bar so when I am crawling I can remove it.

azbronco2

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L
oh ya bobby there is no mosquitos in roscommon there the size of turkeys