•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

I bought a Bronco II!

The Fonz

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
I picked up this 1988 Eddie Bauer Bronco II 4x4 (automatic) for $650 at a salvage yard a couple months ago, it has no rust, power everthing, 98,000 actual miles, drove it home from PA, and I found a 2nd Gen Ipod Nano under the seat so its already paying for itself :D. It has a salvage title because of a minor accident that damaged the front right fender and grille. I drive a miata as a daily driver and wanted something to cart my friends to the shore, tow my boat, and to drive to sports games in Philly (I'm 19 so the room with the back seats down is definitely a plus ;)). I was suprised how much I actually like this little truck, it gets decent gas mileage, has an awesome turning radius, is a beast in all weather, and I plan on keeping it for as long as I can. On the side i'm restoring a 1976 Volkswagen Westfalia http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=452223 and a 1984 Alfa Romeo Spider so i'm trying to keep this a non project and attempting to put as little work into it as I can. So far i've-
-Replaced all filters
-Oil Change
-Popped Dent in Fender
-Stopped leaks into cab (soaked front carpets from cowl) with new sheetmetal in engine bay and a quart of por-15:icon_thumby:
-Replaced front calipers, rotors, and brake pads
-Replaced Spark Plugs
I drove it 325 mile round trip to Poconos Mountain a couple months after I got it for the Tough Mudder:headbang: and average 19.3 mpg
Driven to the shore multiple times
Worst MPG-14.6 towing-15.8 non towing (in-town)
Avg. MPG- 18.2
The best MPG i've gotten was 20.3 :shok: which is way better then I thought I could in an auto, really relying on driving like an old man and keeping the injection system clean as a whistle
If this becomes a more daily driver I might upgrade the ignition system to squeeze the best mpg as I possibly can, also i'm looking at possibly upgrading the speakers but they have the original premium ones in and they sound pretty damn good. Also love the stock radio and don't want to change it.
-I just found water in the back cargo area so I might be cutting out all the old sealer above the hatch next

Last edited:

shane96ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1997 / 1989
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
4.6 Triton / 5.0
Nice little rig there Fonzie.

Punch the jukebox and play us a song will you? :icon_thumby: Ayyyyyyyyy!

88_Eddie

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1988, 2000
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L, 4.0L
nice score man and 98k too

jhammel85

On here ignoring work
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.9 V6
Wow what an awesome buy! It makes me sad that it was given a salvage title due to the accident it was in. That truck is clean!

Also that mileage is great. I get that in my 87.

4.0B2

1000+ Watt Stereo
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 v6
NICE.. looks great.

Bondo

Reaction score
Vehicle Year