•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

My Bronco 2

4.0B2

1000+ Watt Stereo
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 v6
haha, most of your z71 guys... not saying all are. but there are a lot of em. the guys with the jacked up trucks, chrome 20's, 35 inch toyo mt's.. clean as can be trucks.. that never have been in 4wd. its a look game. which is fine with me i guess. i have a custom painted b2 that see's mud, dirt, water, rocks, and so on.. its funny

sohc86-06

April 2011 STOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1986 2wd ranger
Vehicle
ford ranger spo
sweet looking b2 you have man

4.0B2

1000+ Watt Stereo
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 v6

4.0B2

1000+ Watt Stereo
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 v6
i need suggestions.... so, my b2 is gonna stay a DD/WW build basically. so what mods would yall recommend and why? like 4.56s on a DD? w/ 33's. and what's yalls idea of the roof basket w/ lights and hilift mount. And bumpers-- i need ideas for designs, not tube bumpers... i need a winch mount, light bar, d-rings up front. and a swing out tire mount in the rear with maybe a hilift mount behind the tire if i don't put it up top.

i'm still confused on if i want the rack up top

B2Guy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
well with the basket with lights and a hi-lift i'd be careful that will hurt the center of gravity. i dont know what kind of wheeling you do but steep inclines or off camber spots may cause a problem for ya.

4.0B2

1000+ Watt Stereo
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 v6
that's another thing i'm worried about.. i want a rear set up like this one...
that way the hilift is not way up top.. i may just do some type of light bar on top.. or maybe nothing on top. idk yet.. i want input! lol

Attachments

Last edited:

4.0B2

1000+ Watt Stereo
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 v6
good news, good news.. aussie is on order. Thanks to spdcrazy
He's a stand up honest guy, Thanks for the deal on the aussie.

Last edited:

disciplerocks

July 2011 OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
that's another thing i'm worried about.. i want a rear set up like this one...
There was one of those here on Cl not long ago. He wanted like $250 for it. Way too much IMO.

4.0B2

1000+ Watt Stereo
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 v6
well the warn jeep bumper is like 5-600 so...
i'm gonna try to make something i suppose

4.0B2

1000+ Watt Stereo
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 v6
so here's where i'm at right now, i know a lot of ppl are looking at this thread and not talking lol..
8.8 is being built slowly, d35 will come in the spring. i'm in need of the drop brackets that are not rough country for a 4 inch lift, let me know if you have some you are willing to sell.
after the 8.8, the lights and roof rack are probably next. then the d35. hopefully by that time i can have the bumpers ready and have a rear tire mount and repaint the whole thing.. i need help on paint ideas, something simplier. but still custom.

so by the end of next summer.. axles, roof rack, lights, bumpers, paint. and if budget allows... general grabbers in a 33"

4.0B2

1000+ Watt Stereo
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 v6
going to pick up steel for the bumpers next week.
and its not my shift motor that's bad for my 4x4, the overhead console- the 4 wheel button is bad.. just that one tho. the button is not pushing the switch enough to engage/disengage. going to the jy tomorrow to get one

4.0B2

1000+ Watt Stereo
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 v6
4 wheel drive is fixed thanks to a $3 from pull a part. The Surco roof rack is under the knife to shorten it down, it came off a H3 hummer so it is a lil large for a b2 top. but yeah... everything is looking good for the b2 build right now. now if i could just find some side work to help finance the build it'd be great lol. still looking for input on paint, still looking for gears, and looking for my money tree

i have noticed i need this thread moved to "your garage- RBV under construction" or something like that. i'd like to have it moved if a MOD can do that for me. thanks

Robert_1967

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1988/1989
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
302/2.9
I'd leave the Paint alone, it looks great the way it is, my little 89 BII is all Beige and my wife won't let me change the paint, I want to do something like yours, the same Blue, but I also want the Blue on the Bottom also.

Robert

4.0B2

1000+ Watt Stereo
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 v6
yeah but with the soon coming bumpers, roof rack, and sliders (i already have).. i don't wanna get to much on it. i don't wanna overdo it. i already know i'm changing liftgates b/c of the spare tire mount. i'm gonna get one with the flip up glass hopefully. i'm gonna hang the custom liftgate in the shed...

i think a simple two tone, blue and white, with a single black stripe of some sort dividing the two colors would work... i think i'm just ready for a change. its been painted for 5 or 6 years like this.

spdcrazy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
mostly 86
Vehicle
B2
Engine Size
2.9 bored and cammed
i painted mine. wanted a two tone as well. did a diag stripe silver and red. only thing to keep in mind is that a stripe diag like mine makes the b2 look shorter. a horizontal stripe is gonna make it look longer.

did ya get the aussie in yet?

4.0B2

1000+ Watt Stereo
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 v6
Haha Ive wanted to but I don't have gears yet. A jeep guy approached me about making the bumpers. I can't afford the gears and steel.... So... I'm taking this deal for bumpers when it's offered. I'm paying about a third of what it would cost to buy the bumpers..

4.0B2

1000+ Watt Stereo
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 v6
opinions... d35 ttb or narrowed d44, i can get a housing that has 5x4.5 bolt pattern but its pass drop(is there a pass drop t/case i can use??).. use the outers on a driver drop and keep my rims. it'll take longer and maybe a lil more money..

and i only wanna do 4.56's and 33's... but even at that the SAS would be nice to have. but i know the d35 is plenty capable. what's the opinions for TRS?

Last edited:

4.0B2

1000+ Watt Stereo
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 v6
I would go D35 for now
but i'll have to buy hubs, gears, and breaks just to run the d35.. i think i can get the pass drop housing with everything minus carrier and gears for $50 and if he still has them, 4.56's for the d44 for $60... then i might have to get brakes still.. and do the swap.

i already didn't plan on doing the d35 swap till spring. b/c of it being cool and putting money elsewhere. but i can do $110 now and have all that, just have to get a diff housing by spring to start the SAS.

disciplerocks

July 2011 OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
D35 will be more than enough for most people. And its cheap.