•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

My Bronco 2

4.0B2

1000+ Watt Stereo
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 v6

Is all we got finished with bc of the designing we did. Just the top shape towards the body. Gonna be a real finished product and look sweet

Last edited:

4.0B2

1000+ Watt Stereo
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 v6
gonna spill part of my own beans here b/c i need help..

the orange line shows where i'm cutting the body b/c of the height the bumper will be on the ends. its only gonna be like 2-3 inches on the side.. this will help with approachment angle and also when i do the axle swap if i sas i'm moving the axle forward some so....
if i cut this, what's the best way to roll the cut under to finish out the cut? what's the secret? or will i need to roll it under??

Last edited:

Bennybooster

EMT / Paramedic
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
I cut 1/4in notches every half inch or so then bent em up. And just so ya know it will crack the paint on the bends so you need somthing to cover it up. I used bedliner

4.0B2

1000+ Watt Stereo
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 v6
touch up paint is not a problem... i might do a bedliner bottom on it anyways. idk yet. i may just cut it and not roll it for now, see what happens and then roll it when its warmer. in Mississippi 20 degrees is stupid cold to us! lol, i understand to some of yall that's a warm day.

and a lil new path of plans for the build:
xj dana 30, 4.56's, locked --looking more into this. thoughts? don't give me d35 is better.. give me thoughts on d30 swap.
removable roof rack with 4 lights forward, 2 back
bumpers in process now, winch mount. probably a smittybilt xrc 8 or superwinch epi9.0 (depends on Christmas money) and 2 lights
on the rear bumper will be swing out tire with matching rim and tire.
explorer dome light, new dash (mine is busted)
xj coils, f250 shock towers, new shocks (i don't like the RC nitros i have)
fender trim probably to help clear the planned 33's. i might try some treadwrights.com tires, i know a few guys that swear by them so...
hopefully find a liftgate with flip up glass

Last edited:

4.0B2

1000+ Watt Stereo
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 v6
thoughts on a dana 30 swap? i know the 35 is "stronger", capable, and actually i did decide the 35 was better for me at one point, but now i'm thinking the d30 will fit me better. i've seen them run on jeeps with 35's no problem and the more i look on here the more i see d35 breaking shafts and things.. so if i go a d30, hopefully long arm. what all do i need? anyone have a good breakdown on what was used? tips? secrets for this swap?

4.0B2

1000+ Watt Stereo
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 v6
The suspense is killing me.... I ain't seen anything on my bumper build since the last pic I posted. So it's gonna be a Suprise to me. I won't even see it till Wednesday... I hate having to be patient

disciplerocks

July 2011 OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
I am not going to say the D35 is better, but what advantages are you looking to get from the swap?

4.0B2

1000+ Watt Stereo
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 v6
Solid axle, not having to set to a ttb to work properly, spare parts on MSJ club runs (we have a parts trailer, jeep guys don't have d35 ttb stuff), I can get the d30 cheap.

I've wheeled on a d35 and it's good, no doubt. But we have had issues breaking shafts on 35's on an explorer. It'll flex- when set up properly. But there's times that the solid axle gets a tire on the ground better than the ttb. I've seen d30's run 35's and 37's near stock. I do realize that jeeps might weigh a lil less up front.

I've studied some of the ttb hardcore wheeling pics we've had on here and there's like 2 or 3 ttb set ups that work great. Everyone else seems to be having small issues all the time.

That explorer I keep referring to- he has about $1200 in the front suspension and steering alone, and still acts like a ttb. With the softer springs, better steering (made something similar to stonecrusher), adjustable bushings, computer cut out drop brakets and so on. Is still a ttb. He still can't get it aligned bc no one here that has a machine knows how to do ttb. It still eats the outside of tires. If he wheels hard the d35 shafts break and the jeep on 37's on a stick d30 behind him hammers up the trail no problem (once again, I know the weight difference).

4.0B2

1000+ Watt Stereo
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 v6
wednesday is so close... yet soooooo far away! lol.
and i'm not gonna roll the metal where i cut it, at least not yet, i'm just gonna cut it and leave it alone for now..

BONES

Solid Axle Swap
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
gt40 5L
IIRC stock weights are: BII are 3500-3600lbs, cherokee are 4200lbs, explorer are 5000lbs.

BII should handle d30 easily. Solid axle swap is fairly straight forward. Leafs or coils are the norm around here. Both are fairly easy to set up. What are you after?

4.0B2

1000+ Watt Stereo
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 v6
coil set up, xj +4 coils probably... i've done a few solid axle swaps but none on a RBV. it can't be that hard.. i've gotten a lot of info from guys on here. the d30 will hold up for me, if not i'll get chromo's

Fordisthebest30

Firefighter
EMT / Paramedic
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Mazda
Engine Size
4.0 and 2.2
nice bronco 2 man,

4.0B2

1000+ Watt Stereo
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 v6
so no bumper this week... he's not finished yet and won't be by wednesday. no big deal tho, just means i get to go hunting or work on some other stuff on the b2.. maybe i'll swap out my dash

4.0B2

1000+ Watt Stereo
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 v6
Got two hella lights wired up. Relay system this time.. No more melting wires lol

and some dirty ole interior pics from the trying to find the location to put my toggle switches

my interior really needs cleaning up, i have another dash pad ready to go in. and gonna remount the bass amp control, ham radio external speaker, and toggle switches maybe...

Last edited:

4.0B2

1000+ Watt Stereo
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 v6
looking at trying to find the info now about changing my dash lights to blue LED's.. i'm thinking i need the WLED-x5: 5 LED Wide Angle LED bulbs in the natural white. b/c i've read the dash is actually a blue lens already... just looks green b/c of the yellow light.. is this true? if so how many of these do i need? doing the dash, a/c control, and overhead console.

4.0B2

1000+ Watt Stereo
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 v6
Merry CHRISTMAS everyone.
For Christmas my b2 gets 2 days to rest, the bumper and winch coming soon, the blue dash lights, thermostat, and a full tank of Drink! Gas is expensive Lol.

4.0B2

1000+ Watt Stereo
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 v6
Just finished playing with the bronco a lil. Put my obd 1&2 computer on it. The innova 3120 works like a dream guys. It's obd 1&2. I bought it off eBay for like $200. It's well worth it's money