•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Need the best hubs for dana 35

dmc919

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
recently put a dana 35 in my V8 powered Bronco II. i kept breaking the housing on the dana 28 hubs so i decided to "upgrade" the hubs on the 35, bought a set of mile marker hubs from summit website that advertised them as stainless steel houseing. when i received them i noticed it was aluminum, not steel and it took about 15 minutes of playing in the mud to break the first hub and another 2 minutes to kill the second one. other than doing to dana 44 knuckle swap does anyone know of some decent hubs for the 35?

MikeWild

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1991 Ranger
I blew up a MM hub in my ranger as well. So far the Warns are holding up, but I'm just finishing a 4.0L swap so we'll see if the extra muscle will make 'em go pop! :D

dmc919

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
what about the superwinch hubs, has anyone tried those?

UrbanRedneckKid

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
The Warns are said to be best 2nd to the Warn Jeep hubs.

I never tried the Jeep ones, but am very dissatisfied with the Warn hubs. Everytime I went out wheelin I had to baby my 3wd truck back. At Truck-fest last year I blew both of my hubs.

I never went with the Jeep version because someone always has a set of ranger warns for sale. I've gone through 6 sets of Warns, 2 were new. That would've been over $1,000 had I bought new hubs each time.

In your situation I'd just get whatever Warn hubs you come across. I wouldn't waste the money with buying the Jeep verison new, they'll just blow anyways. Warns are the best, but still blow, don't get anything but Warns.

You might wanna start considering the D44 knuckle swap or a SAS.

4x4junkie

Mall-Rated
Forum Moderator
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L, 4.0L
The Warns are said to be best 2nd to the Warn Jeep hubs.

I never tried the Jeep ones, but am very dissatisfied with the Warn hubs.

(blah... blah... blah... *snip*)

I wouldn't waste the money with buying the Jeep verison new, they'll just blow anyways. Warns are the best, but still blow, don't get anything but Warns.
Ummm yeah... How the fawk would you know if you've never even tried them?? :bsflag:

Get the Jeep hubs (Warn pt# 37780). You'll be fine.

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
FORD
Engine Size
BIGGER
yeah the jeep hubs are stronger.

factory hubs are the same as reg warn hubs. which take some shit...but throttle and front locker tears em up.

Capt Jay

Solid Axle Swap
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'93 body.
Vehicle
Ford(ish)
Engine Size
I've never had a problem with my stock manual hubs. I switched to warn hubs and still haven't had any problems. I haven't heard any good reports on the mile marker hubs. I'm not locked in the front but I do beat the truck to with in inches of it's life. I'm the guy that used to go through about 3 axles a year with the old 28 front end.

dmc919

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
where can i buy those hubs at, summit or jegs doesnt sell warn hubs

dmc919

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
found the hubs at amazon for 161.87 shipped!!!! good price compared to everywhere else i seen "around 225-250". got them in today and made sure they were p/n 37780 and wieghed them in at 3 1/2 lbs. went on perfect, i'll try them out tomorrow after work.

Evan

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 OHV
If you compare a Warn/stock hub next to a Milemarker you can clearly see the MM is weaker.

Stay away from MM, except for stock applications.

But you got Jeep hubs so you're golden! :beer:

LEVE

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Stay away from MM, except for stock applications
Well, I guess I'll find out. I just received a set of Mile Marker manual hubs for my Dana 35. Fit/finish/material seem as strong as the Warn hub it's replacing.
  • Time,
  • use and
  • Miles
will tell the whole story. So now I've got one manual Warn hub in the garage as a spare.

Evan

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 OHV
Well, I guess I'll find out. I just received a set of Mile Marker manual hubs for my Dana 35. Fit/finish/material seem as strong as the Warn hub it's replacing.
  • Time,
  • use and
  • Miles
will tell the whole story. So now I've got one manual Warn hub in the garage as a spare.
Take the internals out on each hub and you'll see the differences immediately. A MM is probably ok if you don't go bigger than 31s.

LEVE

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Take the internals out on each hub and you'll see the differences immediately. A MM is probably ok if you don't go bigger than 31s.
Which is what I have... so I don't have too much of a worry.