•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Project: Amazing Grace

jhammel85

On here ignoring work
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.9 V6
Congrats on the baby! They're awesome...

I hear you. Want to hear what I'm regretting? I replaced the pinion seal in my truck this weekend, which was very, very easy. No problems. Since I had the U-Joints, I decided to do them even though the spicers in it seemed fine. Of course, an ear broke off the yoke at the rear end. Bought a used one but it was for the bigger 1310 U-Joints.

So...I have a brand new one in the mail and will try to sell the other one. Hopefully someone will want it. S*** happens.

97RangerXLT

Article Contributor
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
Congratulations on the baby! You now have a helper in a few years.

AJ

Sent from the Galaxy to the interwebs

adsm08

Ford Technician
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
Yay!! It's out.

But I feel like something is missing.

adsm08

Ford Technician
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
Well, I took it for a little run tonight, so that I didn't try to leave for work Monday and get a nasty surprise. Had a few problems.

The exhaust leaks like a sieve, which I knew was going to happen because I stripped one of the Y-pipe to cat bolts and didn't have anything around that would make a suitable replacement. That will be fixed tomorrow.

I had a nasty nasty scraping shshhshshkkk kinda noise that didn't seem to be related to ground or engine speed, then I figured out the radio was on and set to a frequency that nobody broadcasts on around here. It was radio static

Then after I turned the radio off I noticed a really odd tick tick tick noise, it was def rotational. I was afraid that it might have been something wrong with the one CV joint in the drive shaft since I put enough stress on it to tear the boot before I broke down and took the trans out.

Got home and peeked under just to look for new drips and saw this:

One of the old main bearings from my 4.0 rebuild was flattened out and wedged in the tire treads. I haven't driven it again since I took the bearing out, but I'll bet that was my ticking noise.

adsm08

Ford Technician
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
New seats, center console "installed". It's sitting in there, not bolted down, wires for the info center are run under the carpet, but not plugged into the dash yet. I want to fix the fuel gauge before I plug it in anyway.

These are, bar none, the most comfortable seats I have ever had in a car. These might need to go in the Ranger instead.

jhammel85

On here ignoring work
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.9 V6
They look like newer seats? Maybe even GM? They look like the seats out of our Saturn Vue. They aren't comfy though so I doubt it, lol.

adsm08

Ford Technician
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
Did a few little maintenance items this week. Got new hatch struts on her Thursday night, now I can take things in and out of the back without propping the hatch on the spare tire.

Today I took her down to work and got into some more involved stuff, flushed out the brake fluid (it looked like lager coming out, eww), put two new parking brake cables in and rotated the tires. Now she has a working parking brake for the first time since I have owned it and the brakes feel so much better.