•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Project Dirty White Boy

kroussinoffroad

October 2011 OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ferd
Engine Size
the steering on the waggy axle is over the knuckle from the factory which put's it Very close to the spring at ride height. add some flex into the scenario and she rub's. lookin at different option's at solving this issue. obviously more arch on the spring would help but that will prolly put it higher in the air then were lookin for. a block would solve the clerance issue but create a whole nother bag of problem's. if you do the high steer to this axle (allready has flattop's) you need to space the highsteer arm up to clear over the spring's. from BJ's offroad they sent a 1/2'' spacer that can be welded directly to the top of the spring perch. might throw that in place and see how close it come's while flexing it out.

down to a short list on the todo list

Hub's
front DS
hook up electric fan
reverse light's
adapt spare tire carrier
and a couple other odd's and end's such as speakers interior light and the other misc stuff

here is how we hooked up the shock's in the front
we used the bracket's off the d28 for the upper's and braced them off the top of the frame using some tube. mounting hole's in the frame were allready there like it was meant to be mounted there. lower mount's are the factory waggy mount's. the shock's are factory shock's of i belive an 89 b2 which is listed as an oddball from the other year's as this shock is alot skinnier than all the other year's and then all the ranger's but still has the same travel. It is also about half the price. it's the same shock are running in the rear and seem's to hold up nicely. vlaving is kosher and dosent fade over whoop's all in all perfrome's just like most other shocks' in alot smaller body

kroussinoffroad

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ferd
Engine Size
seen in the last picture the tre to the pitman arm is missing this is due to the fact that b2 pitman arm is being reamed out to fit the factory waggy tre. all the steering (tierod,draglink) are the correct length and work's out perfectly. aside from the soa issue

kroussinoffroad

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ferd
Engine Size
we took her out for some serious wheelin yesterday. unfortunately he was the small truck outta the group. but he did pretty good. made it thru everything we did. the newly installed winch got a workout a couple time's. out of the 4 trucks that went 2 of them broke axles needless to say the 7.5 wasnt long for the world and it should be gettin the 31 spline 8.8 that was under my truck. he also needs to get a new battery and possiably bigger alternator to help power the winch.

we dont have any pics of it in the first big mud hole but here it is to get a jist of it

4.0B2

1000+ Watt Stereo
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 v6
i want it... still lol

kroussinoffroad

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ferd
Engine Size
I WANT IT

I even tried to get him to trade me straight up. he just wouldnt do it. and that was before the it had 35's and a winch. mine was set ready to wheel on the 44/9 and 37s with a complete extra set of 37''x12.5 truxus mt's
definately wasnt a monetary thing since he has right around a grand tied up into the whole truck. well it is prolly gettin closer to 1500 with the winch and all.

4.0B2

1000+ Watt Stereo
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 v6
yeah i'm gonna do a build like this one day.. when i'm out of college and have my own place. do a budget b2 build. sas'ed. 35's or 37's. cut fenders to keep it as low as possible. stuff like that.

dangerranger83

Solid Axle Swap
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
5.0 HO carbed with an np435 and np208
Safe to say i need a winchh before i do anything like that.

dangerranger83

Solid Axle Swap
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
5.0 HO carbed with an np435 and np208
My last major non truck spending is going to holiday world with some coworkers, they get free tickets to get in so hopefully after all of that is done and a few other things i will get a winch on her. I think mine will be a trialer receiver setup so that i dont have to mod my bumper or brush guard plus i can take it off whenever im not going to use it.

kroussinoffroad

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ferd
Engine Size
i winch just makes it nice. i wheeled for a lot of years without one.

kris97ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ford
Engine Size
4 litre and 4.2 litre
Yup same Here but as soon as you get one you find so many uses for it other then the original purpose.

kroussinoffroad

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ferd
Engine Size
WELL YEAH. once you get a new tool or toy you find any reasone to use it.

hard to see but you can kinda see the winch line and snatch block.

and after a little cuttin the "widow maker" fell right where we wanted her to.
the tree had a trunk that looked like a corkscrew. if you looked where it was leaning it looked like it woulda fell onto shore however judging by the inital big screw it looked like it was gonna fall on camp. didnt want to take any chances of it landing on the dock or camp.

kroussinoffroad

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ferd
Engine Size
it actually landed closer to camp then we wanted it to but it didnt hit anything so i'm gonna stick with right where we wanted it to.

kris97ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ford
Engine Size
4 litre and 4.2 litre
Lol I want to make an A frame like a tow bar with hinges in it but with a hook under it so I can use the truck like a little crane.

Onceni get a longer driveway I'm making somthing to plow my driveway as well

kris97ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ford
Engine Size
4 litre and 4.2 litre
Lol I want to make an A frame like a tow bar with hinges in it but with a hook under it so I can use the truck like a little crane. Within reason of course (axles/transmissions etc)

Onceni get a longer driveway I'm making somthing to plow my driveway as well

kroussinoffroad

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ferd
Engine Size
that would be pretty sweet. there is a pic in an older petersons 4wd of PEWE doing what you speak of with his willy's

well as stated in the B4000 build I now have a 30 degree RTI ramp. so of course the whole club had to come over and run their truck on it for sh1ts, Grins, and bench racing.

the B2 ran a 691.

on another note i donated my extra set of 37'' trxus M/T's to him so he's no longer in the kiddie pool and i cant give him crap anymore. it just clears the bigger meats at full stuff. gonna need a little bit more trimming on the front fender's to make sure they both get along with eachother. he also has the 8.8 in and the gears swaped out. this winter it looks as tho it will be gettting geared to 4.10's

Peterbilt

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 Liter
B II update shes sittin on 37" truxus mt's that keep going flat and with the added springs shes riding pretty stiff so shes comming into the shop for some tlc next weekend gettin new balljoints,axle joints 33" bfg mt's takin out some leafs soften er up pictures soon to come

kroussinoffroad

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ferd
Engine Size
and the real owner finally peeks his head in!

JayB

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
chevy
Engine Size
6 squirls
ugh cant believe your lowering your truck, you should be ashamed of yourself. that's allright it'll make for alot of good pics when were pulling you out of the "kiddy pool" just hope you have a couple sets of water wings. haha