•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Project Dirty White Boy

kroussinoffroad

October 2011 OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ferd
Engine Size
here's the overdue pic's. Look's like winter is gonna last longer than expected so there is a good chance it'll be goin for the spring breakup, Still alot to finish up on the motor swap. all the wire's had to be extended for the electric shift t-case and there is a bad ground somewhere both light's light up and wont engage into 4wd. also the tach isnt workin properley as is read's correct at idle as soon as you rev the motor it drop's to nothing. and runnin it with no MAF isnt to prime either. so still need to finish up an intake for it

here are some pic's of progress made over this winter.

the free waggy 44 almost ready to go in, still waitin for the SOA kit.
had to put on some caliper's and repacked all the bearing's

the free wheel's for the font and rear axle. and he may have stumbled on some free 35'' bfg AT's that still have LOT'S of tread

Rear bumper and tire carrier (I think i posted this allready)
I really dont like the channel but I guess it'll do that job

The new home for the battery vented to the outside. (box isnt sealed but what do you do)

Power distribuitin and computer location. If it look's like the computer box is on an angle IT IS. I built a vent into the box and any moisture that may happen to get in there(really hope none) will drain that way.

Bracket's made to hold the power dist* box and computer

and the booty fabbed air cleaner which will be changing due to the 4.0 MAF not fitting inside the housing.

Kyle M.

GOING FOR BROKE
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
I don't have my battery vented and it is in the cab, is that a bad thing?

bull90

Canada Military - Active
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
mazda
Engine Size
4.0 Litre
if you want your truck to fill with hydrogen! yeah its fine lol! or maybe blow up in your cab?

kris97ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ford
Engine Size
4 litre and 4.2 litre
bah crack a window lol. i think mine may end up in the bed.

Kyle M.

GOING FOR BROKE
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
Well is is in a battery box, but not sealed. Just currious I guess, no issues yet, lol

Last edited:

kroussinoffroad

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ferd
Engine Size
not really a big issue but if your alt overcharge's your battery and boil's it over it can release hydrogen in the cab as well as spew acid. wasnt too concerned but me bein a smoker it would really suck to have happen. slim to no chance but it was easie enough.

dangerranger83

Solid Axle Swap
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
5.0 HO carbed with an np435 and np208
Or worse a battery exploding on you somehow.

kroussinoffroad

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ferd
Engine Size
well as stated it is in a spproved box so i'm not too worried bout that. the only reasone the battery ended back there is cuz the new air filter housing is gonna sit right in it's spot. hopefully form there it'll run up the fenderwell and into a snorkel.

BTW nice quote in the sig. shoulda herd me in the garage when i spouted that out. it was alot longer than that and had alot more profanity's. but along the same line's

Last edited:

kris97ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ford
Engine Size
4 litre and 4.2 litre
Although you gotta admit rockets behind the headlights would be bad ass

dangerranger83

Solid Axle Swap
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
I figured I would quote that. But I cant put a link to my build thread and that due to to many characters in my sig.

kroussinoffroad

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ferd
Engine Size
put a solid 13 hours into it tonight. will have to post pic's tomorow as I'm too tired tongiht to mess with that process.

Air cleaner assembely is 99% done. just need to support everything, will figure out the snorkel in the future. We pitched the pvc tubing and will run the factory 4.0 intake hose.
modified the windstar air cleaner using a dremel and made a cover from a 5 gallon bucket (wait for pic's) turned out pretty good.

leaf/shackle mount's are all burned together, spring's pin's flipped, overload removed (may need to add more spring's in the future). Front TTB is all gone removed and the 44 is sitting in place with the SOA perche's ground to fit the houseing. just need to burn in the spring/ shackle mount's tomorrow, hook up the driveshaft, the steering should be pretty straight forward as it appear's that the factory waggy stuff should just about work. will need to build some crossmember's as well to support the frame. but should be sitting on it's own weight tomorrow.

kroussinoffroad

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ferd
Engine Size
welp got alot more done today.
clutch is bled as we have been fighting with that for the past however long now. damn traped air in the master. finally broke down and pulled it all out to get it at the right angle to bleed. Found our mystery intermitten 4x4 issue turn's out a wire up near the 4xcomputer was twisted and must be broke apart inside, will splice in a new section tomorow. Cb's in along with the coax and the antenna. Radio is in, still no speaker's yet but we'll get there. and we finnally found a solution for the air box issue.

factory ranger intake tube factory MAF. modified the air box using the front half of a 2.3ranger/3.8windstar air cleaner housing by cuttin out the tube that protruded inside, cut the top of a 5 gallon pail to fit the air box half, cut a hole for the air to flow thru and the MAF to sit over obviously, drilled 4 holes and secured the MAF to the custom lid/cap using 1/4'' "joint bolts", and now the K&N sit's in there nicely make's a good seal between the air box and the lid/cover.

AND BEST OF ALL ...drum roll please.

44 IS IN sittin on it's own weight. will need to reem out the pitman arm and the factory waggy steering should be perfect! found our solution for shock's which should be factory rear B2 shock's, brake line's will be some braided skyjacker's that came with the 4.0 donor truck. The drive shaft will need to be extended bout 2-3 inche's but should be pretty easy. all in all this was borderline easier than the TTB lift.

The big bracket's are the spring hanger's, and the little bracket's are the shackle hanger's

]

front shackle mount burned in and gusseted to the frame.
(no the shackel wasnt in there when I welded everything)

Rear spring hanger in and burned to the frame.

SOA spring perche (passanger side) welded on

SOA perch welded on (driver side)

sittin on it's own weight.

Last edited:

dangerranger83

Solid Axle Swap
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
That is sick!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kroussinoffroad

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ferd
Engine Size
35's are in the garage. gonna be runnin a set of BFG AT KO's on the black AR's pictured. hopefully the wheel spacer's will be here next week and she cam be sittin pretty. still need to figure out the front shock's but should be fairly easy. after that just need to button up all the loose end's from all the work done this winter and hopefully throw a winch on the front and it'll be JAMIN

kroussinoffroad

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ferd
Engine Size
originally came across 4-35's and somehow came across 2 more matching tire's for spare's. hopefully this thing will be trailworthy in the next week or two. still ALOT to finish up tho.

Bennybooster

EMT / Paramedic
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
MALL TERRAINS?????

Just kidding, its gunna be sweet when ya have it together