•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Recent content by holeshot

1. holeshot

1990 Bronco II 4x4 and 1986 Bronco II 4x4 package deal $4800

Trying to sell both of my Bronco II's as a package. Would sell separate if interested. They are located in Southeast Indiana. Make an offer! https://cincinnati.craigslist.org/cto/4376641133.html
  2. holeshot

good deal on 88 B2 I think?

Also check to see if the driveshaft is not broken. I have broken a couple driveshafts and it exhibits the same symptoms. Those cv joints break and the shaft will just spin.
  3. holeshot

Idle issues 1990 Bronco II

I should add that I put all new plugs, wires, cap, rotor, and injectors last year. It ran great, but as of the last few months it has developed this rough idle. Additionally, if I try to hold open the throttle by hand (at the throttle body) it will run great, but then stumble and the linkage...
  4. holeshot

Idle issues 1990 Bronco II

I am having idle issues on my Bronco II. 1990, 2.9 V6, auto. Took it to the shop to figure out what is causing it to have a rough idle. It almost seems like its misfiring or something because the engine starts to shake when it hits the rough idle. Its hard to explain, but it runs fine when...
  5. holeshot

My Bronco II!!

Great find! You will love it!
  6. holeshot

Bronco II Power windows not working

I went to Advance Auto and looked through a Ranger/Bronco II manual to find where the wiper motor relay was once since I couldnt find anything online. That might be a suggestion if no one on here knows where it is. I wonder if it could be a ground issue or bad switches?
  7. holeshot

Bronco II Engine swap

It says this in tech library in 4.0 Swap #2: "Basically any 4.0 has the same bellhousing as the other ford V6's, and will bolt up to them, HOWEVER, if you are using an automatic, I highly recommend you take the transmission from your donor vehicle because the older automatics and the newer...
  8. holeshot

Check engine light flashes while driving?

could be something like the O2 sensor shorting out
  9. holeshot

Wheel bearing went out and my wheel locked up at 40 mph. Almost rolled my BII!

I know youre not trying to be a dick, lol. Yeah, I know I brought this on myself...but I was just trying to figure if this is a common problem on TTB front ends with wide rims and big tires, and if there is a way to fix this or prevent it from eating bearings all the time. offset is -46mm.
  10. holeshot

There really wasnt much of a warning. I would have noticed for sure...it just all of the sudden failed on me. The bearings were packed when the gears were replaced....about 1500 miles ago. Definitely was a wake up call. I think I am going to buy a 4wd that is reliable and wont put my life...
  11. holeshot

I was driving to work and all of the sudden the front drivers side wheel just locked up and put me sideways at 40 mph. I dont know how I saved it, but a 6" lifted BII with 33's going sideways on pavement is scary! I thought it was gonna roll. I am just lucky that no one was in the other lane...
  12. holeshot

Honing of aluminum wheels>

lol...no need to apologize. i was just confused because i thought that the edge only came out a few years ago. as far as taking 1/4" off all around depends on how much material is there currently between the wheel center and the bolt hole circle. without looking at it, i cant make a good...
  13. holeshot

Honing of aluminum wheels>

Ford made the Edge in 97? How much of a difference is there between the OD of the hub and the ID of the wheel center? I would be skeptical about doing any machining on a wheel for fear of compromising the strength or integrity of the wheel as it was designed. It might also be a pain to...
  14. holeshot

Tire and Wheel Size????

Thanks! It handles surprisingly well. I put pretty stiff shocks on it though, so that could make a big difference. You might get lucky and not have to trim any. I think when my lift was put on, we didnt locate the crossmember under the tranny all the way forward, so the axle centerline was...
  15. holeshot

Tire and Wheel Size????

I would go with 15X10's. The wider rim will give you a wider footprint on the road, thus more stability. Once you get up there with the 6" lift, anything helps! Plus I think they look better. You might have to do some fender trimming though if you go with 15X10's. (I did). Heres mine with a...