•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Search results

1. The_Dealer

Parting out my B2

Well guys I decided I'm going to part out the b2. I have some other projeccts going on and I can't keep the b2 up like I wanted to. I will sell as a whole(runs good just needs a non feedback carb and duraspark disty) or will sell what parts anyone needs. I figured I would post up here to all u...
  2. The_Dealer

Choptop with ranger bedrails

Has anyone on here done it? I've done a lot of searching. I'm wanting pics of the pillar still intact like the fsb's and what people have done to mold them into the curve where the window was. Basically I want to keep the pillar behind the door to run a soft top and have the same flow as the big...
  3. The_Dealer

Parking brake cables too short

Since I went from 2" of lift to 4" my parking brake cables are too short, and they limit flex. What have u guys done about this?
  4. The_Dealer

The dreaded 2.8 to 4.0 swap

I'm wanting to do this and searching has turned up nothing. First question is, what year donor vehicle do I need? I was thinking of a 1st gen expO. Or should I go newer? I'm going to keep my fm146 for now then m5 it later down the road. The main reason forr the swap is drivability and efi. Ok...
  5. The_Dealer

Explorer leaves vs b2 with aal

Well my rear springs are shaped like a W and I have a broken leaf and I got some lean going on so I'm wanting to replace with some expo leaves. I have an aal in my b2 now and I'm trying to keep the rear around the same height or a little higher. Will the expo ones sit about the same as my b2...
  6. The_Dealer

Need brake booster/vacuum help

85 b2 2.8 fm146 durasparked with a holley 350 carb. I've been trying to tune my carb and have been having some prOblems getting the a/f ratio and idle right. Also I've been hearing a hiss under the dash that stops when I push hard on the brakes. Also when I do this the rpms drop...
  7. The_Dealer

Racing seats?

I've been looking at those summit brand rancing seats. U know the universal leather look ones. Well I'm wondering has anyone mounted them to the factory sliders or seat brackets? Ivee seen a few b2s with them but couldn't find anything on how they mounted them. Pics or a write up would be awesome
  8. The_Dealer

What wire to splice?

im trying to figure out what wire i need to splice into for key on power. i need power while engine is off but key is on, and engine on key on power. can i just splice into the red/ lt green wire i used for the duraspark box? im trying to wire my reverse lights up and i need power going to the...
  9. The_Dealer

Headliner

is there anywhere to get a new headliner? ive found new headliner material, but im scared that if i took the old fabric off of the cardboard that the cardboard will be messed up. the one i have isnt sagging or anything, just dirty, faded, has cigarette holes and small gouges in it. is there...
  10. The_Dealer

Removable doors write up

I did this mod during the summer, and been meaning to post it up. for those wanting removable doors here u go. my rig has power door locks and windows, so i got 2 4 wire weather proof plugs and wired them into my windows/locks, the plugs were the same so i mounted them male and female on door...
  11. The_Dealer

Driveshaft measuring???

well for some reason i took out my rear shaft, and its about 1/4" from fully extended with the 4.5" of rear lift. so im trying to do a 1354 front flange on the rear of my 1350, with a explorer front shaft. First question is the shaft im looking at is from a 91. is that the right year range that...
  12. The_Dealer

Console lights...blinking

hey guys, ive been trying to do alot of free or cheap stuff to my b2 to get everything as right as i can get it, and im having some wiring issues. Ok heres the deal. On my console display thing that shows the lights and low fuel (borrowed image) ok anyways, a while after i got my b2 the "tail...
  13. The_Dealer

So you want a cheap 2" lift???

Ok, everyone yall remember the write up i did a while back about installing aal's? Well im doing a write up on dropping the coils buckets 1.5" for about 2.25" of lift. Its pretty simple to do, its just time consuming. The hardest part is figuring out how you are going to do it, but I did that...
  14. The_Dealer

Best carpet?

im contemplating on putting some blue probe gt seats in my b2(since the rest of it is blue) and putting in a new carpet set. whats the best replacement carpet out there(besides ford?) is there any that alread have cut outs? i know most people set their old carpet over it. one problem. i didnt...
  15. The_Dealer

Mitsu 5spd swap and reverse lights

I'm trying to figure out what wire i need to wire into what for my reverse lights on my a4ld to fm146 swap. theres a 2 wire connector comming of the top of the trans(wires comming out then a female plug end on it, i dont have the male), then on the side of the trans there a sensor looking deal...
  16. The_Dealer

Driveshaft question

well im having a hard time finding a fm146 to do my swap, and my a4ld is crapping out as we speak, the flexplate spacer broke and cracked a new flywheel. a few places have the fm145's and c5's around here. im contemplating which swap to do, i like the lower gears of the 5spds. anyways im going...
  17. The_Dealer

body mounts

will they fix this? mine dont seem to look too awfully bad, they are a little cracked up. notice the grill guard in comparison to the hood
  18. The_Dealer

clutch interlock??

hey guys ive already sent payment for my pedal assembly, master cyl, lines, and reservoir for my a4ld to fm146 swap, and i have a question or two. first off will i need to use the clutch interlock on my durasparked rig? the only wiring i have going to the trans is for my lock up swtich and the...
  19. The_Dealer

U joints...where to get??

on rig in my sig, i need a u joint for the rear shaft. 85 b2, but i ditchd the cv joint and have a single joint spicer style. went to all the parts houses around and they all had this little ass u joint, was way too small. i think my dshaft is out of a 89-90. and none of the parts houses list a...
  20. The_Dealer

cargo lighting, and expo ohc

my b2 doesnt have a rear cargo light, it has the cutout in the headliner and has 2 wires, but no plug or anything else. i would really like to have one, is there anywhere besides a j/y i can get them? what all do i need? also i wouldnt mind having an explorer overhead console, which year are u...