•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Search results

1. S

Matt's Bronco II build

Shes alive! All done with draining the oil, refilling it, flushing the engine, and draining it again. She runs as good as she ever did, but there is something funny with the cooling system right now. The needle goes up and down as it tries to heat up... Might just be some air in the system, so...
  2. S

Gonna lift, need drive shafts?

Im putting a 4" lift into my bronco II, and I am trying to figure out my best option for the driveshafts, which leaves me with a few questions. Lets start with the front... 1a) Will the stock B2 front shaft hold up to 4" of lift? What about 6" (thats the next step, when I have a few more...
  3. S

Matt's Bronco II build

Been a while since I posted anything here, so I might as well update. I just replaced the valve cover gaskets. Ended up pulling the Blower housing off and modifying it while I was there, it just took up too much space. All it took was a reciprocating saw, a piece of sheet metal (ended up using...
  4. S

sort of engine swap

Carbed and FI have entirely different intakes... As one doesn't have a carb sitting ontop of your engine. Exhaust is probably different, because the engineers would design what works good for the engine then make exhaust to fit, not the other way around I would think.
  5. S

sort of engine swap

One is carbed, the other Fuel injected (all 2.9s are FI) So Im not thinking there is much you can swap. This actually just came up a few weeks ago, try using the search you might find it
  6. S

2.8 high idle until i tap the gas

Carbureted engines are designed to idle high when cold. That part is normal. (and yes, hitting the gas to drop the rpm is normal behavior) Does it idle high when you stop even when the vehicle is warmed up? If it does, then you have a problem... As Ron said, its probably mechanical, and...
  7. S

Head Lights

park somewhere nice and flat infront of a wall. adjust. Go for a spin, see how they are. return to your wall. adjust again. rinse, repeat til satisfied. edit - you can use chalk to mark a stop line infront of the wall, and center points for your lights on the wall, so you have a good way of...
  8. S

64" chevy leafs under a b2?

I know there is tonnes of info on the 64" leaf swap, I just read all 11 pages of the sticky in this forum but I can't find the info Im looking for. I have a b2, and was wondering if anyone has done this swap in one? My problem is what to do with the hangers - the front one is right beside a...
  9. S

84 Bronco 2 Rear Main Seal Replacement-Clutch Hydraulic ??

If thats not already in the tech library, it should be.
  10. S

tranny swap

half way through typing that I thought about that fact, hench why I added the part of assuming its a 2.9.... That being said, you can't automatically rule out the possibility something is not stock on the truck... My old B2 was supposed to have 4.10ls gears in it, and I just found out its got...
  11. S

tranny swap

what engine we are working with is good too, although I assume both aught to be 2.9l?
  12. S

questions about my rear axle

Okay I have a 7.5 I pulled out of my old truck that went to the JY like 2 years ago. According to the door tag from the old truck, its a 4.10 LS. I have read the post in the tech library about IDing axles by their axle tag, but my tag doesn't quite match the one shown (I assume the one shown...
  13. S

F250 coil springs

Also, if you want more than 6" of lift, do you still have to stock TTB front end? 'cause those dont like going much past 6", especially if you like being able to give it an alignment.
  14. S

F250 coil springs

Coils on a fullsize truck are typically a bigger diameter made out of thicker steel. There is a write-up in the tech library about using f150 coils in the front of a B2. http://www.therangerstation.com/Magazine/Fall2003/F-150_coils_for_your_V8_BII_or_Ranger.htm It should be noted that truck...
  15. S

Freshly rebuilt A4LD about to go back in synthetic ATF?

Its not the sort of thing that requires special anti-wear additives for break-in or anything?
  16. S

What size alternator

I would probably just rip one out of a wrecker... I think stock B2s came with 60 and 80 amp alternators, depending on A/C, power windows/locks, ect.
  17. S

Opinions for 1st time bronco ii buyer

Im not 100% on this, but you may require different valve covers for the newer heads. And yeah, I got a screaming good deal on my '89 b2. Its got like 314 000 miles (miles, not km..its originally from the US) and the tranny is in rough shape (makes a loud clunk shifting into reverse, is clunky...
  18. S

The 88 I scrapped because of rust problems was a 1988 with over 330 000km on the original engine. With proper treatment, they can last a crazy long time. That being said, the 89 DOES have better heads, so it lessens your risks of cracking a head. Not necessary per say, but if your in the market...
  19. S

If you get super-lucky, this '90 bronco II might even have a d35 front axle. I only paid $500 for a stock B2 in good condition out west in Vancouver, but at $1400 if the frame is in good shape, I would probably do it. Make sure you check the condition of the back end of the frame, as well as...
  20. S

Towing capacity

Im not 100% on this, but Im pretty sure the bumper is rated to pull like 3000lbs - I know Explorers were 3500lbs pulling on the bumper... Check the max gvw, should be on a sticker inside the door. With 2 average sized passengers, your B2 weighs around 4000lbs, so subtract that from your GVW, and...