•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Search results

1. T

Well the rust is finally starting

I've had my Bronco II for 2 years now and the salt is finally catching up to it (despite me religiously hosing it down). I'll have to fix this come spring when it warms up a bit, seems like moisture is making its way though where the two panels weld together on the inside. What is the...
  2. T

Bronco II Stuck in 4Hi

Tried searching but couldn't find anything on it. My 88' Bronco II is stuck in 4Hi, it has the infamous auto locking hubs with a working module. The button lights up and everything when its activated and clicks and turns off when it's deactivated but the damn thing won't get out of 4Hi! I tried...
  3. T

The Famed Rear Bucket Seats

I found the famed rear bucket seats on ebay!! http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ford-Bronco-II-Eddier-Baurer-Sport-Utility-2-Door-NO-RESERVE-1985-Eddie-Bauer-Bronco-II-4X4-with-/370887004831?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item565a96929f&vxp=mtr#ht_760wt_1165
  4. T

Bronco II Overheating

My Bronco II started to overheat last night after I noticed the smell of coolant. In the last few weeks I have been towing the boat (a 1448 tracker) and I had my a/c system totally rebuilt. I did not let the gauge go past the bottom of the "N" but it started to climb rather quickly so I have no...
  5. T

Just found a pretty cool video

aKOayw00rSQ A nice little write up on the Bronco II and their original intentions.
  6. T

Operation Bronco Reshine

I got tired of looking at faded red so I grabbed some left over wax from my dad's jag and voila! Oh and I picked up and painted a tire rack from a junkyard for 25 bucks. Before- After-
  7. T

Towing a Boat

Summer is getting closer and with it the prospect of crabbing and fishing again. I am in a Bass fishing club and last year my dad attempted to tow a 17ft Lowe (with trailer weighs MAYBE 1000 lbs) with the little Bronco instead of his F-250 Super Duty. It pulled really poorly and at one point we...
  8. T

Bronco II gas mileage

I just wanted to show a website I use religiously to track my fuel economy http://www.fuelly.com/car/ I noticed there are only 6 other Bronco II's archived. The website has helped figure out when I get the the most efficient fuel economy which occurs @ around 67 mph and remains almost the exact...
  9. T

Bumper Guard Surface Rust

The Bronco II has a bumper guard that was in great shape a few months ago, a couple drives through the snow and running it through salted roads has quickly rusted the chrome :sad:. I was wondering if there was anyway to sand away the rust or if anyone has ever flat blacked these bumper guards...
  10. T

Lost Overdrive w/ left turn signal

I lost overdrive a couple months ago and my running lights went out too, turned out to be a melted switch under the dash. Replaced that and everything was fine, until today when I was driving and would turn on the left turn signal my overdrive would automatically disengage. The light for my rear...
  11. T

Water in cab

When it snowed a few days ago it totally soaked my front carpets. I sealed the cowl area and stopped water leaks into my cab earlier this year, I can hold a hose to the cowl and rails all day and not see a drop of water in inside. So i'm wondering if there is an area higher up within the cowl...
  12. T

Post your Bronco II's audio set-up here!

I've seen the audio+video section but there is very few threads there relating to Bronco II's so I figured i'd start a thread specified to Bronco II's. Right now i'm rolling with the bone stock speakers, premium speaker and the stock head unit. I really want to boost it up a bit and have been...
  13. T

I bought a Bronco II!

I picked up this 1988 Eddie Bauer Bronco II 4x4 (automatic) for $650 at a salvage yard a couple months ago, it has no rust, power everthing, 98,000 actual miles, drove it home from PA, and I found a 2nd Gen Ipod Nano under the seat so its already paying for itself :D. It has a salvage title...
  14. T

Headlight Issue

I recently bought a Bronco II to cruise around in while I work on my 76' Volkswagen Westfalia. The issue i'm having is that the headlights will flicker and turn off after I hit the highbeam/turn signal switch. I switched out the headlight switch already which fixed the instrument lights, also...