•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

'86 Bronco II Eddie Bauer Restore.........

mjonesjr

I dance with the Devil...
Firefighter
Reaction score
I got myself a new CD/mp3/iPod controller radio on Wednesday. It is a JVC. I wanted something that would controll my iPod (iPhone) and play mp3's. I have a JVC in my daily driver and I like it. Crutchfield had this on sale for $129.99. I also got new 5x7 rear and 4" front speakers. The back was easier than all get out to install. The fronts sucked big time because the screws that hold the grills on were stuck and it was impossible to get to because of the windshield (the speakers are on the top of the dash). I got Kenwood speakers. Since I got it all from Crutchfield, they gave me everything I needed to install everything (radio adapter, radio wiring, speaker wiring harness).

Everything sounds good. I am really impressed with the quality of the stereo system I installed.

Old, factory speakers.

Today I took the first step in the manual transmission swap. I swapped out the automatic brake pedal assembly for a manual transmission brake & clutch pedal assembly. Swapping this one out was easier than swapping the one in my Ranger out (which is surprising since this one wraps up and under the dash). I got it out and swapped in about 1/2 hours.

Removing the old one.

I shot the clutch/brake pedal assembly with a coat of paint because the pedal arms were a little rusty.

Both assemblies together.

I had to cut this little tab off to get it back in the BII. It didn't do nothing but look purty on my truck so it was no harm.

Clutch/Brake pedal assembly installed.

I also got the firewall ready for the clutch master cylinder. It was fairly easy; just remove 2 10mm bolts to get the cover plate off the hole.

This is the cover plate.

Here is the clutch master cylinder, hydraulic line, and reservoir.

My M50D-R1 should be here this week. Next weekend is when the manual transmission swap is taking place. I am excited and can't wait! That will give me 2 weeks to get final bugs worked out before the Dunes.

mhughes165

Solid Axle Swap
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
yep, coming along, and the 5spd swap on these years is RETARDEDLY EASY lol, ive gotten it down to about a 3 hour process on these years

mjonesjr

Firefighter
Reaction score
I am hoping that I don't have to remove the y pipe to get the transmission in and out. That is going to the biggest problem.

I am going to have to do some rewiring on the starter when I put the 4.0 starter in.

mhughes165

Solid Axle Swap
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
I am hoping that I don't have to remove the y pipe to get the transmission in and out. That is going to the biggest problem.

I am going to have to do some rewiring on the starter when I put the 4.0 starter in.
for me, usually the easiest way todo it without droppin the y pipe is with the t-case still attached believe it or now, it gives it the extra weight on the ass end to help it slide out, i usually leave it on for installation aswell

mjonesjr

Firefighter
Reaction score
I might just let it all fall out! I ain't using either when it goes back together anyways. A manual transfer case is going back in!

Boggin

Reaction score
Man, Now that your swaping in a manual T-Case and Tranny, That makes your truck so much more awesome, I love it so much words cant explain!Lol

Jeff

Boggin

Reaction score
Also what will you be using this truck for mostly?
P.S. MY 500th Post!:D

Jeff

mjonesjr

Firefighter
Reaction score
Yea the A4LD in this is junk. I am installing a M50D-R1 and a BW1350M this coming Saturday.

It will be used for trail rides and the occational mud hole.

Hahnsb2

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
88-95
Vehicle
Ford-Dodge
Engine Size
4.0-5.2 Turbo
for me, usually the easiest way todo it without droppin the y pipe is with the t-case still attached believe it or now, it gives it the extra weight on the ass end to help it slide out, i usually leave it on for installation aswell
I also do my swaps with the T-case, never had to remove the y-pipe on any RBV tranny I've done. The M5OD should be nice, I'm gonna put in my 1354 this weekend and can't decide if I want to do the M5OD too or wait till the 4.0...

Boggin

Reaction score
and this is my 600th post :)
my 300th and 500th post was also on this thread.

Jeff

Hahnsb2

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
88-95
Vehicle
Ford-Dodge
Engine Size
4.0-5.2 Turbo
That's because you double, triple and quadruple post like crazy, use the edit button, sheesh!

Boggin

Reaction score
That's because you double, triple and quadruple post like crazy, use the edit button, sheesh!
Haha yea, lately Ive realized that ive been doing that..
But tonight I was doing it purposely trying to get up to 600 ;missingteeth;
I started off with like 58X Post Tonight, That twenty-sumtin- post in a night ;missingteeth;

coffs03s10

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
chevorlet
mjones, im one of shawns (bought your truck) friends. i was lookin into buying a bronco 2 almost identical to yours (stock) i was wondering where you got your suspension lift and if you plan on selling the first light rack you had.