•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Hard core TTB People needed!!!

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
FORD
Engine Size
2.9l FI, 2.9L FI, 2.8L
Hi, I need pictures of ford TTB systems flexing! There are a buch of solid axle swapers at my work that refuse to belive that the ford TTB system is a good system! If you have pictures of your TTB rig on an R.T.I. or even just a big rock I would like to see/share them with the people at my work!!!!
Please help me out.... Thanks.

kevinsranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
FORD
look in the tech library under the zimmerman section

spdcrazy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
mostly 86
Vehicle
B2
Engine Size
2.9 bored and cammed

steering is not done so its limiting the potential flex. but thats mine as of now.

88_Eddie

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1988, 2000
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L, 4.0L
maybe junkie will see this thread, he's got his TTB rigged up real nice, or just search through the forums for his b2

4x4junkie

Mall-Rated
Forum Moderator
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L, 4.0L
Hi, I need pictures of ford TTB systems flexing! There are a buch of solid axle swapers at my work that refuse to belive that the ford TTB system is a good system! If you have pictures of your TTB rig on an R.T.I. or even just a big rock I would like to see/share them with the people at my work!!!!
Please help me out.... Thanks.
You might want to ask yourself if there's any hope of convincing them before you go all out of your way trying to. Some people purposely refuse to admit anything besides a solid axle is worth messing around with, and no amount of evidence saying otherwise will ever change their mind. Best thing you really can do is build yours up and then show 'em how it's done next time you go offroad.

4.0B2

1000+ Watt Stereo
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 v6
i know many ppl like that.. including the jeep guys i hang out with. but it's whatever in my opinion b/c i know what a ttb is capable of now, so... idc! fawk 'em! LOL.. the ttb is a nice axle if set up correctly and if you are happy with, WHO CARES!

The_Dealer

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Duh!
stock with spacers, no front sway bar, and 4" rough country shocks...not extreme but my buddies cj on 31's with 2" lift couldnt do it without raising a tire. coulda flexed more but didnt think trying to get on the pole was too smart

i can out wheel the piss out of most jeeps around here with short arm suspensions and 33's or smaller

Jim Oaks

Administrator
Administrator
Founder
Article Contributor
Reaction score

Not that great of a pic. As you can see, I hadn't lifted the rear wheel off the ground yet.

As for the non-believers ---- :thefinger:

superds

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
84 90 2013
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.8/2.9/5.0
Looking good Jim.

88BII, I would also look for a thread by gwaii. He had a TTB front end and did some pretty extreme stuff with it. He has pictures in one of his threads that probably show the most extreme flex I've ever seen with a TTB.

Jim Oaks

Administrator
Administrator
Founder
Article Contributor
Reaction score
Looking good Jim.

88BII, I would also look for a thread by gwaii. He had a TTB front end and did some pretty extreme stuff with it. He has pictures in one of his threads that probably show the most extreme flex I've ever seen with a TTB.
The only reason I didn't post his rig is because he's using a fullsize TTB and figured the op wanted examples of Ranger/B2 TTB's. Gwaii's is a flex monster.

superds

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
84 90 2013
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.8/2.9/5.0
The only reason I didn't post his rig is because he's using a fullsize TTB and figured the op wanted examples of Ranger/B2 TTB's. Gwaii's is a flex monster.
Those guys that don't like TTB to begin with probably wouldn't know the difference between fullsize TTB and Ranger TTB anyway. :D

spdcrazy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
mostly 86
Vehicle
B2
Engine Size
2.9 bored and cammed
there is always the guys that says SAS is only way to go. TTB can work great! just takes some knowledge of the setup, the right part combination, and a little imagination!

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
FORD
Engine Size
2.9l FI, 2.9L FI, 2.8L

Not that great of a pic. As you can see, I hadn't lifted the rear wheel off the ground yet.

As for the non-believers ---- :thefinger:
Thank you guys. and if there are any more please post!
Jim that is exactly what I wanted to see. ( the white ranger)
I do not want to do a solid axle swap. I like the ford TTB.
I drive my BII every day and feel a solid axle swap might make it hard to do so.
Like I said guys, thanks!!!!

Andres629

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1985/91
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.9 screamer
LHe had a TTB front end and did some pretty extreme stuff with it. He has pictures in one of his threads that probably show the most extreme flex I've ever seen with a TTB.
He also welded said TTB solid IIRC. :dunno:

superds

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
84 90 2013
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.8/2.9/5.0
He also welded said TTB solid IIRC. :dunno:
Yeah, I think he eventually did, but I thought there was a point when he had it unwelded.

The_Dealer

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Duh!
most people want to swap to sas because of allignment and tire wear issues...you just gotta make sure all your bushings are in good shape and your steering angle isnt all jacked up. i get mad suspension jacking when i turn sharp and it makes my camber look all f'd up, and people are always saying "your wheel is falling off"

tbars

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ranger XL
Engine Size
2.3L
...Not the best pics and they are old poser shots...

..my "Project X"..

...and my Ranger...