•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Helga, My 88 B2 Build...

Hahnsb2

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
88-95
Vehicle
Ford-Dodge
Engine Size
4.0-5.2 Turbo
Boxed radius arm with 3/16 plate.

Dishtowel

August OTOTM Winner
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Engine Size
I like the beef man.

I worry about boxing stuff like that because: if you weld it 99.999% closed and get stuck in a puddle/swamp it will fill with water then when JackFrost comes to visit he bursts things. IF you drill a drain hole then earth/moss/corruption gets in and never seems to want to get out. These things may not apply to you, but I know they apply to me.

Hahnsb2

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
88-95
Vehicle
Ford-Dodge
Engine Size
4.0-5.2 Turbo
Nah the front is still open on the arms. Probably gonna spend the whole weekend fabbing shit with my buddy since labor day means everyone is everywhere and I want to kill the general public on normal days as it is. Going to attempt to re-make my tire carrier, got a TIB spindle and rotor I plan to modify for the pivot and we're prolly gonna make a bumper for his XJ.

Hahnsb2

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
88-95
Vehicle
Ford-Dodge
Engine Size
4.0-5.2 Turbo
Been too busy working on my friend's junk, like this bumper we (mostly me) made for his Heep, bottom tube is temporary until he gets a winch and we weld in a winch plate.

Started work on some sliders (you can see some of the 2x2" 3/16 wall tubing leaning on my rig) but really haven't had time to work on them since building the heep bumper and now in the middle of building a bumper on another friends toyota.

Last edited:

Hahnsb2

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
88-95
Vehicle
Ford-Dodge
Engine Size
4.0-5.2 Turbo
Well I've decided to go ahead and regear a 31 spline 8.8 I have laying around since I cant find any with 4.56s local. I've already ordered an Aussie for it since they go out of stock ofter figured I'd better do it now. I've found package deals on Yukon 4.56s with master install kit for $230 as well which I don't think is half bad, I'll also stick in a crush sleeve eliminator while I'm at it. Just need a few tools and this should be an interesting experience.

Ranger44

Ford Technician
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
FORD
Engine Size
4.0 OHV

fordwheelinman

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
what comprises this crush sleeve eliminator you speak off???

Hahnsb2

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
88-95
Vehicle
Ford-Dodge
Engine Size
4.0-5.2 Turbo
I believe it's just a solid spacer.

Started work on my sliders agian yesterday, got the passenger side mounted up today, I will be running one more brace down to the bottom of the frame rail and it will use the same holes as the t-case skid plate. The main mounts bolt to the body mounts on the frame. The drivers side will be a bit more tricky because of the parking brake cable. The last picture it's hanging down a bit further than it it normally does because the bolts werent tight. They stick out a bit further than I anticipated but it'll give a bit more protection from things from the side and it'll be easier to get a hi lift on and you can stand on em as well.

rickcdewitt

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ford
Engine Size
4-0 swap
looking good,
yeah the eliminator is a solid spacer and some shims.

on a side note i thought it was funny i used my left over tiny shims for the eliminator on my brothers d30 when we set it up.the 4.56 R&P and bearings are tiny in those axles

Hahnsb2

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
88-95
Vehicle
Ford-Dodge
Engine Size
4.0-5.2 Turbo
Drivers slider mounted up. Need to do the middle mounts for triangulation, and paint em and they should be good to go. Also need to weld up a couple brackets for the E brake cable, should have done it when I did the body lift in the first place anyways.

Todd

HCT
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
90/91/99/04
Engine Size
lookin good man. Sliders are one thing thats on my list. Made a bling set for the g/f's jeep this summer. Now I just got to get around to making my own.

twitch

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
FORD
Engine Size
2.9 liter
hey by any chance do you have any 4.10 gears you could sell me after you upgrade?

Hahnsb2

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
88-95
Vehicle
Ford-Dodge
Engine Size
4.0-5.2 Turbo
Possibly my 7.5 (minus the locker) if non of my friends want it.

odie1969

Firefighter
EMT / Paramedic
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
4.0l sohc
sweet I really like that style. Any chance you can show how they bolt up. and what bracket you used. thanks

twitch

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
FORD
Engine Size
2.9 liter
ok just send me a message or ill send you one and ask once its out alright, thanks.

Hahnsb2

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
88-95
Vehicle
Ford-Dodge
Engine Size
4.0-5.2 Turbo
Another bumper down, built for my friend's yota.

Fixed a couple things on the B2 like the windshield motor that was slowly taking a dump on me for the last year, and my license plate light wires shorted out and popped the fuse for my tail lights and dash lights so I had to track that down.
Maybe finish up the sliders this weekend.

Hahnsb2

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
88-95
Vehicle
Ford-Dodge
Engine Size
4.0-5.2 Turbo
Thanks, already have another person who wants one built for their XJ. Here's a slightly better view of the yota bumper.