•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Helga, My 88 B2 Build...

Hahnsb2

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
88-95
Vehicle
Ford-Dodge
Engine Size
4.0-5.2 Turbo
Thanks. He's not much into wheeling yet but if that time comes I'm sure I can "winchify" it for him, the main problem is that he has a 3" BL and the stock bumper and lift brackets were really flimsy. That XJ bumper a couple pages back however now has a winch plate in it and is just waiting on a winch. And damn this rain! I want to work on my rig!
Heres what it looked like with stock bumper and brushgaurd (which was cut up and used in the new bumper).

Last edited:

Hahnsb2

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
88-95
Vehicle
Ford-Dodge
Engine Size
4.0-5.2 Turbo
Thinking of buying a set of these in 33x10.50 this saturday at 4WP, they're supposedly having a sale on saturday. BFG is the only company I know of that makes a 33x10.50, the KM2s aren't much more than the regular MTs and I've heard nothing but great things about them.

Hahnsb2

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
88-95
Vehicle
Ford-Dodge
Engine Size
4.0-5.2 Turbo
No-no, I use the LTBs off-road only (still run 31s on the street), I'm adding 3" of lift and need 33s to fill the space and I'm regearing to 4.56 as well and I don't think the 4.0 will like 4.56s and 31s.

Sunk

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
Yeah my 2.9 doesn't even like the 4.56s with 31s on the highway. If I decide I like the truck next long break I have it'll get 32s... along with another engine and other stuff. Lol.

Those KM2s look a lot like the Krawlers and I've heard they are absolute crap in the snow, so keep that in mind if you like snow wheeling I guess... Well maybe not if you'll still have the LTBs.

Hahnsb2

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
88-95
Vehicle
Ford-Dodge
Engine Size
4.0-5.2 Turbo
Well, MTs in general aren't the best in snow im my experience, siping is needed for good snow and ice traction and most MTs lack it. I'll probably cheap out anyways and get regular MTs, I know they last well, the KM2's longevity is still kind of an unknown.

mjonesjr

I dance with the Devil...
Firefighter
Reaction score
Yeah my 2.9 doesn't even like the 4.56s with 31s on the highway. If I decide I like the truck next long break I have it'll get 32s... along with another engine and other stuff. Lol.
My 2.9 with 4.56 gears and 31's isn't all that bad on the highway. I consistently get about 18 mpg on the highway with that combo.

I have heard good things about the KM2's.

Hahnsb2

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
88-95
Vehicle
Ford-Dodge
Engine Size
4.0-5.2 Turbo
Ended up getting 33x10.50 BFG MTs (original design), coming from Cali, should be on my doorstep thursday.
Got my Belltech shackles in the mail along with my drop pitman arm, put the shackles on, rear flex increased quite a bit. Articulation ramp we built out of some scrap steel we had laying around. 29" vertical travel or 900 RTI on a 20* ramp.

Last edited:

Hahnsb2

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
88-95
Vehicle
Ford-Dodge
Engine Size
4.0-5.2 Turbo
Tires came wednesday, mounted them yesterday but didn't have my camera or phone till after dark. 33x10.50 BFG MTs. Since I mounted them myself they aren't balanced, had it up to 65 and no vibes though. They are just as tall as my 34s which will be nice when I get my 4.56s in, it'll be just barely lower geared than with 4.10s and 31s.

danger88ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
So Hahns what does that 4.0 sound like with your exhaust on it?

Hahnsb2

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
88-95
Vehicle
Ford-Dodge
Engine Size
4.0-5.2 Turbo
good sound. I take it your tach isn't quite right though? :huh:
Nah it's way off, wasn't designed to work with the EDIS, wish I could figure out how to make it read correctly, I'll probably bite the bullet and buy an aftermarket tach.

Hahnsb2

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
88-95
Vehicle
Ford-Dodge
Engine Size
4.0-5.2 Turbo
Spent yesterday after work pulling the 8.8 out of my parts sploder, man I forget how nice it is to work on my B2 without swaybars, that rear bar was a bitch and the e-brake cable on those sploders is just an abortion. Today I loaded it in my dads ranger and brought it up to the shop and only had time to pull the cover off and remove the crosspin bolt, which is the 4th or 5th 8.8 or 7.5 I've had no trouble with removing the crosspin bolt like everyone seems to have :dunno: Gears should be here soon as well.
Winching it out of shard stain (name bestowed upon my dads ranger by my nice friends). It's a lot heavier than it looks.

Hahnsb2

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
88-95
Vehicle
Ford-Dodge
Engine Size
4.0-5.2 Turbo
Aftermath from today. Tore the 8.8 down, I think I'm not going to change the carrier bearings, they seem to be in good shape, the shafts are free from any grooves from where the bearings contact which seems like a problem for these axles, I'm going to change the seals but I'm undecided about changing the axle bearings.