•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

my B2

Hahnsb2

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
88-95
Vehicle
Ford-Dodge
Engine Size
4.0-5.2 Turbo
when we were all racing on the beach during the TRS banner meet my oil pump locked up. broke the d-shaft, put a new pump d-shaft on... now it looks like a twizzler. Ordered a pump and arp shaft from summit. shaft has been here for weeks... just got a letter today saying the shaft is set to ship sept 2nd!! fawk.
I wondered if you guys ever found a shaft at the beach but I guess it turns out that it didn't matter.

NMB2

July 2010 OTOTM Winner
U.S. Military - Veteran
V8 Engine Swap
1000+ Watt Stereo
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ford
Engine Size
5.0 V8
ARP pump shaft has finally arrived.... months later......so I now have the parts to fix my 5.0. Will update when its running again.

n_bannerman

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
do you have any pictures of the front leaf hanger mounts for the front end? how much lift did you end up with and how far forward did you push the front axle?

NMB2

July 2010 OTOTM Winner
U.S. Military - Veteran
V8 Engine Swap
1000+ Watt Stereo
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ford
Engine Size
5.0 V8
B2 runs again.

Fired it up for the first time since July yesterday. I was able to spin the oil pump in reverse to push out the blockage. Unfortunately my ECU decided to commit suicide, as well as my Optimas. Optima's got warrantied out tonight, and I picked up a new ECU. She runs perfectly now, other than its pissed off about the bad gas. Drained the gas out, going to get some 100octane 0% ethanol fuel tomorrow.

Even with the ECU being jacked and engine hunting for idle yesterday, I must say hearing my 5.0 fire up and purr for the first time in 7 months was an instant hard on.

Tomorrow I will pull my slugs out, and go drive this thing around a little bit.

My diesel project is mostly done, I'm tying some loose ends together, and have some parts out for service right now so this is a perfect opportunity to get the shop cleaned up and get the B2 in it.

I am going to start work on the B2 hopefully within the next month which is going to include pulling the engine/trans/cases. Pressure washing EVERYTHING. building a new engine x-member, wire wheel all the rust that has accumulated, paint it, box front portion of frame. Build new skid plate, replace tail housing, replace oil pump.

Reskin, some more tube/body armor.

This is just a rough guestimate of whats ahead, we will see what funds and time looks like once this stuff is done and I may go a little further with some other stuff.

All and all, come hell or high water, this thing is going to be ready for my cross-country wheeling trip this summer.

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
FORD
Engine Size
BIGGER
bummer on the batteries.

going cross country via street with the b2? :icon_thumby:

NMB2

July 2010 OTOTM Winner
U.S. Military - Veteran
V8 Engine Swap
1000+ Watt Stereo
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ford
Engine Size
5.0 V8
bummer on the batteries.

going cross country via street with the b2? :icon_thumby:
Lmfao. Yea right. Via trailer fool . Wheeling trip.

Sent from my Garminfone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
FORD
Engine Size
BIGGER
grow some balls:thefinger:

probably starve to death though.....might rather grow a bed:thefinger::thefinger::thefinger:

NMB2

July 2010 OTOTM Winner
U.S. Military - Veteran
V8 Engine Swap
1000+ Watt Stereo
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ford
Engine Size
5.0 V8

Josh40601

U.S. Military - Veteran
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1991/1994ish
Vehicle
Ford
so.... 3rd gen skins FTMFW?

NMB2

July 2010 OTOTM Winner
U.S. Military - Veteran
V8 Engine Swap
1000+ Watt Stereo
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ford
Engine Size
5.0 V8
actually yes. My F350 is in the body shop right now so I decided to start getting the B2 ready for some wheeling.

The body looked/looks like a raisin... I cant open my doors, my rockers are destroyed....

Now, this is by no means meant to be pretty, marketable, awesome fab work.... its meant to last me the next year of wheeling, and still be able to open doors, and not thrash it again... to hold me over while I obtain a full tube chassis, and then can swap the B2 guts into it, and scrap this thing.

Member here Jake, by the name of endoverend gave me his panels off the rolled ranger. They were in MUCH better shape than mine. I started work tonight on the passenger side. Cut the old destroyed rocker out, replaced it with 2x4" square, welded it into the body, then welded in supports. got the door cut/clearanced and on, got the fender cut up, and on....

I will replicate this on the driver side. I also intend to mount the top of my cab to the roll cage so spread it back out, and support it better.

After that is done, I will be pulling the engine and trans out of the B2 this weekend.

Engine needs and oil pump. Trans needs an oil pump seal, and new tail housing.

While the engine is out, I intend to swap in a better radiator, grafting it into the core support and switching my electric fan from a pusher to a puller. I am also going to cut up the engine x-member to clearance it, and weld it into the frame, as well as a few other support mods. I have air bump cans that I am going to weld it, and make contact areas off the axles.

Pull the front diff cover to reseal it, and paint everything.

Josh40601

U.S. Military - Veteran
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1991/1994ish
Vehicle
Ford
YES!!! I love this thing

NMB2

July 2010 OTOTM Winner
U.S. Military - Veteran
V8 Engine Swap
1000+ Watt Stereo
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ford
Engine Size
5.0 V8
I'll be honest, I had no direction when I started building that slider. I'm actually surprised they came out as nice as they did, I thought they were going to look ghetto.

Basically I cut the old rocker out and replaced it with the 2x4 tube.... went to put door on and close it, and it wouldnt close due to the door lip overhang. Cut the lip overhang off, shut door and realized that half the door wasnt protected..... so I stared at it, wondering WTF to do, and had this idea of the "tiny-mini-boatsides"....

Really the only direction I had when I started, was I knew I didn't want to tie the slider in to the frame the traditional way with spreaders headed downward to the frame....these should work out well.

NMB2

July 2010 OTOTM Winner
U.S. Military - Veteran
V8 Engine Swap
1000+ Watt Stereo
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ford
Engine Size
5.0 V8

Josh40601

U.S. Military - Veteran
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1991/1994ish
Vehicle
Ford
Do you have new skins for the driver side?

NMB2

July 2010 OTOTM Winner
U.S. Military - Veteran
V8 Engine Swap
1000+ Watt Stereo
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ford
Engine Size
5.0 V8

-Nathan-

Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1993 / 2001
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
HO 5.0 / 7.3 PSD
that's one ugly fawkin truck. Keep it up :D

kimcrwbr1

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ford
Engine Size
2.8l
All I could see is a small hammer on the floor in one of the pics a larger hammer will make it easier you know one that takes two hands. (double jack is the tech term) :)