•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

My Bronco II!!

4.0B2

1000+ Watt Stereo
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 v6
I'd rather have a slammed b2 than any other suv slammed... Not saying I'm slamming anything but... I have to admit I like that one. Its different. It stands out. It's custom.

lepp1892

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
I think that B2 would look sweet if the chopped about 3 inches out of the top. No idea how they would get glass for the back windows after that though...

CopyKat

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
I agree on 2 of the 3.

Jim,

I honestly cannot picture you driving a slammed BII....I know Joel wants to build a slammed BII...maybe you two could cruise together. :icon_twisted:
Joel scraped that idea and is building a lowered gen2 ranger. finally have him back interested in a ranger. i tease him every time i show up at his place with his old truck.

84bluebronco2

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
Gen1 front ends for BII's all day long!! Gen1 or 2 for rangers. Gen1 with non stx-styled grills on explorers. Great find. I'm starting to wonder how hard a 302 swap in an 84 B2 would be......

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
nice lookin bronco i hate the way it looks on the rear end with that hole at bumper with body lift lol

adsm08

Ford Technician
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
It is out of a Galaxie, 60-64.

Cool, thanks.

Slammed B2? Me? NO!!
Slammed B2 = ewww

Now, one of these days I want to do a 2-3 or 3-4 drop and turbo on the S-10, but it's a 4-cyl 2wd and I already get my nose stuck on the frame if I use my creeper. Unloaded, that thing runs circles around my Ranger already though. Gotta hurry up and get that 4.0 swap done. :icon_rofl::icon_rofl:

Totalled

Law Enforcement
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
8 rabid gophers
Little late to the party aren't ya? :thefinger:

trail B2

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ford
Engine Size
A little late but definitely gen one grill and gen 2 dash but I also hate the late 80s full size grill.

Jim Oaks

Administrator
Administrator
Founder
Article Contributor
Reaction score
So I finally started working on the Bronco II. I'm pulling the motor and replacing it with the 302 that was in my Ranger (The Ranger is getting a bigger motor at a later date).

While disconnecting everything from the engine to pull it out, I noticed the lower radiator hose was kinked:

There wasn't any fluid in the upper hose or heater core hoses.

The previous owner sold the B2 after he had the transmission rebuilt because it started to make a knocking noise.

Attachments

adsm08

Ford Technician
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
Golly gee, I wonder what ever could have happened to make that noise.

Jim Oaks

Administrator
Administrator
Founder
Article Contributor
Reaction score
The previous owner also said the B2 kept going through starter solenoids.....so I'll have to look at that real close while I'm under the hood as well. I don't think I've ever known of a truck to go through solenoids.

I was surprised to find that the B2 has a Powermaster starter on it.

heptofite

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
The previous owner also said the B2 kept going through starter solenoids.....so I'll have to look at that real close while I'm under the hood as well. I don't think I've ever known of a truck to go through solenoids.

I was surprised to find that the B2 has a Powermaster starter on it.
Shitty starter, guy at work has that problem with his 302 powered boat, shitty starter kept eating solenoids.

Jim Oaks

Administrator
Administrator
Founder
Article Contributor
Reaction score
Hmmm...I figured these Powermaster starters were good starters. Maybe I need to use another one I have here.

mhughes165

Solid Axle Swap
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
Hmmm...I figured these Powermaster starters were good starters. Maybe I need to use another one I have here.
they are good starters, i have used them for years with never a issue like that, i doubt the starter is the problem, more then likely he kept buying advance auto generic no name starter solenoids, every ford i have known togo through them that was the culprit

Jim Oaks

Administrator
Administrator
Founder
Article Contributor
Reaction score
Well, I got the new motor in and almost have everything hooked up and ran in to (1) big snag. I can't find a lower radiator hose. It's an Advance Adapters radiator, so the fitting points straight out, not down. The flex hose I bought kinks when you bend it. I have an old flex hose that's much sturdier and doesn't kink, but it has 1.75" openings. I need a 1.75" & 1.50" opening.

I bent up a wire coat hanger and took in to see if they could find a hose, or section within a hose to match, but no luck.

mn_smokeater

Supporting Member
Firefighter
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
5.4L V8
Well, I got the new motor in and almost have everything hooked up and ran in to (1) big snag. I can't find a lower radiator hose. It's an Advance Adapters radiator, so the fitting points straight out, not down. The flex hose I bought kinks when you bend it. I have an old flex hose that's much sturdier and doesn't kink, but it has 1.75" openings. I need a 1.75" & 1.50" opening.

I bent up a wire coat hanger and took in to see if they could find a hose, or section within a hose to match, but no luck.
Jim go to a place that makes hose. i know here there is a place that makes custom hydraulic hoses and other rubber hoses. and for the opening you maybe could get a adaptor with 1.75 on one end and 1.50 on the other.