•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

The Deuce

RangerSVT

Oct 09 OTOTM
Supporting Member
1000+ Watt Stereo
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
GT-40 5.0L EFI W/AC
Also got the shaft out of the 1354, so all 3 shafts are ready for shipping as soon as I can get the doubler plate built and measure for the spud shaft and get the adapter built and measured for the output shaft length.

Hey for you 1354 doubler guys, why couldn't this work better than what lots of guys are doing? ( I came across this pic on Pirate)

Heres the 3 shafts ready for travel.

I know this won't work for you anymore, but what ever happened to this idea? Ever tested? I'm about to start a 54 reduction box for a new rig soon. Btw, building a 56 for a reduction box is a little easier as the main shaft is solid where machining is needed...

SVT

BONES

Solid Axle Swap
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
gt40 5L
I have it all but the shafts are still not machined. I built the plate for the back of the c4 and the plate for the 54 to 54, measured for shafts and drew up a detailed picture of length measurements and spline locations, cut the shafts to length and sharpie marked the shafts so no confusion and wraped the scetch and shafts all up in a box and sent it your direction. Then it came home sometime this last spring with very dirty water damaged packaging and mangled box. Actually I had totally forgot about it till I came home after work one day and it was on my steps. Wasn't sure if it got lost in transit or u refused it on arrival, lol. :icon_confused:

A few months after sending the package with no word, I changed directions and started looking more seriously for a local donor rig instead.

1st gear in the 4r70w combined with the reduction in the torque converter, the np205's 1.96 low range and 4.88-5.13 gears should be adiquate for what I do off road I'm hoping. The crawl ratio is not the best for rock crawling but I'll c what it's like before I look at building a reduction box of any sort. I've read the 56 can b made as short as roughly 6" so that could work if I go that direction later.

jhammel85

On here ignoring work
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.9 V6
Ya man. Progress is slow but steady lately.

Todays small project was rust repair.

Nice job on the rust fix. I was wondering about that area on my own truck :icon_thumby:

RangerSVT

Oct 09 OTOTM
Supporting Member
1000+ Watt Stereo
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
GT-40 5.0L EFI W/AC
That's weird, I never got it. I definitely wouldn't have rejected it...

SVT