•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Updating the Tech Library Transmission section - Suggestions Needed

littlefordman

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
4.0l
sorry, im new and lookin for answers to fix my first truck

snoranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
All 10 are Ford
Engine Size
4.0,5.0,4BT,4.0
sorry, im new and lookin for answers to fix my first truck
I would start by using the search button up near the top of the page. You will find a whole bunch of threads on manual swaps. Year doesnt make a difference for 90% of the job, they are all mostly the same. Electrical is going to be most of the difference, unbolting and bolting in a new trans is all the same sh!t.

After reading and learning how its done, then start a thread and ask any specific questions you couldnt find the answer to by searching. Just throwing the "how do I do it?" question out there without searching isnt going to get very many answers.

trikerider

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'94
Vehicle
ford
Glacier991 at Explorer forum has about the best write-up I've seen of the A4LD.
helped me a good bit

ecablarn

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
302 V8, Mildly restoring long process
302 swap with 4r70w vs AOD

How about adding a page on a 302 swap with a 4r70w trans and any improvements as well as stand alone controller and any other necessary changes compared to a AOD swap? Kinda of a comparison of the two and pros and cons?

yeeharacing

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 L
Not necessarily transmission related but how about a fluid matrix showing the different fluid types and amounts for different transmissions, t-cases, coolant, oil, diff, etc. and any recommended additives.

Bill

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
An updated guide indicating what transmissions are used across the years with various engine combinations. This saves people the agony of having to read through arguments over which of four manual transmissions are matched with the 2.3L Duratec (I don't know the answer, but I know there weren't four transmissions used with the Duratec).

And regarding the forum, Transmissions should have manual and automatic sub-categories.

TwoTon

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
I should (hopefully) be doing a 4r55e to M5r1 swap on my 96 ranger 4x4 very shortly... If it works (somehow) I will gladly be a part in helping create a "swap" page for these two trannys... Vexy has succesfully completed this swap and gave me a few helpful notes, but hasn't responded to my pm. I think Vexy should be willing on giving info on this

KDXRider

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
A write up on the 4r44e/4r55e/5r44e/5r55e valve body problems and solutions would be a good one parts lists and how too's

Jim Oaks

Administrator
Administrator
Founder
Article Contributor
Reaction score
I'm updating the transmission section if anyone has anything to contribute.