•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Search results

1. mjonesjr

'91-'94 Explorer w/ 6" of lift pictures

Let me see your Explorer with 6" of lift pictures. Make sure you post up what size tires you are running on it.
  2. mjonesjr

'91 and '92 Explorer PCM

Is the PCM between a '91 Explorer and a '92 Explorer have the same pin outs?
  3. mjonesjr

Which M/T?

I am getting a new set of M/T's for my Bronco II. I don't want to spend a whole lot of cash, but I want a good tire. Which one do you thing and why? 1. Mastercraft M/T 2. Medalist M/T 3. BF Goodrich M/T
  4. mjonesjr

In the middle of my auto to manual swap...

And I can't get the freakin transmission back in. The auto came out without any problems, but the M50D will NOT go back in. Any advise without taking the Y-pipe lose from the headers, the bolts are really rusted and they seem to be threaded into the header. I don't want to break one and then be...
  5. mjonesjr

Explorer 8.8 into a BII....

I am getting an Explorer 8.8 that is already setup to run in a Ranger (it is presently installed in a '93+ Ranger). How much will I need to move the spring perches inward to get it to bolt up to my BII springs? I know that the Explorer 8.8 and Ranger 7.5 are exactly 39" center to center, but...
  6. mjonesjr

4.0 radiator in my '86 BII....

What modifications are required to get a 4.0 into my '86 Bronco II?
  7. mjonesjr

Ranger 8.8 into a Bronco II....

Is a 8.8 out of a Ranger a direct bolt in in a Bronco II, or does the spring perches need to be moved inward a bit?
  8. mjonesjr

'89 Bronco II 2wd to 4wd....

How hard is it to swap an '89 Bronco II 2wd to a 4wd? Is it as easy as swapping in a manual transfer case, dropping the TIB and then installing the TTB? Is the engine cross members the same? Are the drop brackets the same?
  9. mjonesjr

'86 Bronco II brake line fittings?

I am going to have a custom set of stainless steel brake lines built for the front of my Bronco II. I need to know what type of fittings and size they are, upper fitting at the hard line and lower fitting at the caliper. I don't want to take mine off till I have a new set ready to go on.
  10. mjonesjr

'86 Bronco II 4" lift + 1.5" coil spacers?

Would it be possible to align a '86 BII with a 4" lift (and all the 4" lift brackets) if i put on a set of coil spacers also? I know it would be on a 4.0 Ranger, but I have no clue about BII's....
  11. mjonesjr

Ranger 4.0 coil springs on a BII....

I have my stock 4.0 coil springs off my Ranger....I know the Explorer 4.0 coils will lift the front of the Bronco II, but will the Ranger's coils give me any lift on my Bronco II if i install them in place of the stock Bronco II coil springs? The reason I ask is, I was told 31x10.50x15's on...
  12. mjonesjr

Pic Request: Bronco II w/ 4" of lift and 31x10.50's......

I am looking for pictures of a Bronco II with 4" of lit and 31x10.50x15 tires..... anything will help...espically if the fenders are not cut...
  13. mjonesjr

'86 BII 2.9 Canister fuel filter...

I changed out the fuel filter on my '89 Bronco II....it is the canister type.....i put the new o-ring in the canister along with the filter and it leaks like crazy....i can't get the canister to seal up tight....i am about 1/16" from being completely on and the sucker is tighter than a...
  14. mjonesjr

will a '87 Ranger clutch hydraulic line fit a '86 BII?

like the title says, I have found a hydraulic line for a '87 Ranger 5 speed....i will be putting it in a '86 Bronco II....is it compatable? how about a '86-'87 Ranger master cylinder? is this the correct one...
  15. mjonesjr

'86 Bronco II Eddie Bauer Restore.........

well I got me a Bronco II yesterday......I paid $350 for it...the only rust spot on it is a hole about the size of a quarter in front of the rear passenger tire.....easy fix..... Specs: 1986 Bronco II Eddie Bauer 2.9 V6 A4LD transmission BW1350 Electric transfer case Power Windows Power Door...
  16. mjonesjr

'86 Bronco II auto to manual swap wiring questions.....

I know this is the transmission forums, it is a transmission related question.... Questions: 1. Is there a jumper in the CPP (Clutch Pedal Position) switch plug like it was in my '97? 2. What color wires are the break light wires in the A4LD wiring harness? 3. What color wires do I need to...
  17. mjonesjr

'86 BII A4LD to M50D-R1 transmission swap.....

How hard would this be? I have read the A4LD to FM145 swap sticky. I just did a manual swap on a '97 Ranger and it wasn't all that hard. Questions: 1. If I use the M50D-R1 out of a 4.0, will I have to move the transmission crossmember? 2. What wiring colors will be needed to hook up the backup...
  18. mjonesjr

a crank, fire, and no start problem on a '86 BII......

I am looking at a 1986 Bronco II that has a crank, fire, but not starting problem. Any ideas what it could possibly be? How much do you think it would cost to fix?