•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Search results

1. 88_Eddie

What Axle code is this???

Ok, so i've got an 8.8 rear lined up, but i cant figure out what's in the pumpkin. i looked at the tech library charts: http://www.therangerstation.com/tech_library/Axles.html and the code is not on the chart. anyone know what's in there? it's coming out of a '99 explorer sport 2wd. i wanna...
  2. 88_Eddie

What's happening here???

On my 2000 explorer, the lights come on automatically when the car thinks it's dark. So, at night, sometimes when i go to the bank or when i go to a parking garage at a mall or something. my radio flickers like you see in the video. i dont think it is a fuse, they seemed to be ok. i still...
  3. 88_Eddie

Anyone need old exhaust manifold?

i just got some headers for my 2.9 and i have the old exhaust manifolds, i'm planning on taking them to the metal recycling place, but i thought i'd see if anyone needed them on here. pay for shipping and they're yours. i think they are in good shape, i'll post pics in just a little bit
  4. 88_Eddie

what am i doing wrong here?

so i went out and bought one of those cheap ass chicago electric 90 amp flux core welders. yes, it's a POS and doesnt work that great for most stuff, thats not the problem. i got it cause meineke wanted over $400 to redo my exhaust. when i go to weld the exhaust tubes, the dang thing is...
  5. 88_Eddie

What are these exhaust parts?

well i'm ripping out my old exhaust system cause it's old and the muffler is shot. can someone tell me what these things are? the muffler goes right in front of this piece i had another piece, but i figured out what it was what do i need to put back? (or get new ones of) i'm puttin a...
  6. 88_Eddie

Is this Bad?

well, i'm pretty sure i got a head gasket problem. it's on the oil cap and valve cover but not on the dipstick. radiator has a little pressure after driving but not much. also got white smoke when its idling and ALOT when i rev it. i'm gonna fix this myself, how much should it cost...
  7. 88_Eddie

Is my water pump bad???

PROBLEM: My radiator is cold to the touch and has no pressure, even after driving around town for an hour. I was driving around the other day and the engine light came on and it idles really low now. (that may be something else) The top radiator hose gets hot and the lower hose is cold after...
  8. 88_Eddie

Exploder PCV valve

maybe i'm just being an ignoramous or i cant see cause it's dark out, but i can't find the PCV valve on my 2000 exploder. do they even have one? autozone sells them, so i'm guessing it's gotta be under there somewhere. my vehicle is getting old and i'm just doing some routine maintenance to...
  9. 88_Eddie

Home Radiator Flush

So i saw this home radiator flush kit at autozone the other day. i've seen them before, but never used one. i need to flush the radiator in my BII and thought i might give it a try. anyone used one? here's a link to one so you can see what i mean.....i cant see them workin that well, but i...
  10. 88_Eddie

1988 BII Build

Well guys, i've been talking about starting a build thread soon and here it is. it's probably gonna take a while because i'm busy as hell (i run my own home restoration business) and starting to get low on funds. good thing Christmas is coming. So here is the plan: First off, i'm cleaning...
  11. 88_Eddie

What Gasket Is This?????

i took the intake manifold off of my 2.9L recently and the only way to get new gaskets was to buy a set of gaskets. i got a throttle body gasket, exhaust manifold, air bypass sensor, and the intake manifold gaskets. however i can't figure out what this one goes to. it is roughly 7 inches by...
  12. 88_Eddie

2.9L Rebuild kits

i'm dealin with some electrical issues in my BII right now, but as soon as those are taken care of I'm gonna start rebuilding the engine. anyone ever done this before? NAPA has a kit that you can buy that has name brand parts for around $700 that includes everything you'd need. you can also...
  13. 88_Eddie

Battery being drained - need ideas - HELP

i have an 88 BII with 2.9L/5spd. 4x4 and something is draining my battery. i have replaced the solenoid, battery, and starter cable. it's still being drained though, anyone got any ideas? thanks
  14. 88_Eddie

Bronco II Lift Kits

i'm lookin for a 2" or 3" lift kit for my bronco II. who makes a good, cheap lift? i'd really just like it to come with new coils, new shocks and a add-a-leaf or small block for the rear. also, does anyone make an extended shackle for B2's?
  15. 88_Eddie

manual for automatic

i want to switch out my manual tranny for a auto and i got a few questions and my electric shift T-case for a manual shift t-case. 1) is there gonna be a difference in drive shaft length? 2) will the auto tranny bolt right in to the motor? 3) how hard is it to rebuild bot the tranny and...
  16. 88_Eddie

electrical issues

my 88 BII wont start. it's had electrical issues in the past and something is draining the battery or not letting it charge. it's a new battery, so it should be fine. i also just replaced the solenoid with no luck. i've tried jumping it and that doesnt work either. when the jumper cables...
  17. 88_Eddie

1988 BII door swap

i have power everything on my bronco 2 now, but i want to switch them out for manual everything doors. the window motors are fried and the electrical system needs to be completely redone. anyone ever done this or see any problems that could arise? thanks in advance.