•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Search results

1. Lost Bushman

Bogging issue

89 2.9 Bronco 2... After cold start up, when I shift from 1st to 2nd, no matter how much throttle I apply or how much I wind up the rpm's, the motor bogs down hard. Not enough to choke it out, but pretty close. 2-3, 3-4, 4-5, no issue. Once the motor warms up, the 1-2 shift is normal. Thoughts?
  2. Lost Bushman

Quick timing question

When switching from the A4LD to a FM146, what should I adjust my timing to? it's idling high and has a weak top end. Sent from my Casio G'zOne Commando 4G, it's the John Connor of Smartphones. You cannot kill it... Using Tapatalk.
  3. Lost Bushman

Slave cylinder O-ring

Does anybody know the size of the O-ring that goes on the quick connect line into the slave cylinder? One came with my new one, but it pulled a Houdini. I've got a little metric and SAE O-ring set, but none of them seem to fit right. They either won't go all the way in, or they will, but leak...
  4. Lost Bushman

Transmission wiring question

Alright guys, I'm into the wiring phase of the A4LD to FM146. The tech article doesn't exactly specify how the wiring should be done, it just references the two plugs from the A4LD, but not exactly what to do with do them. I know there's splicing that needs to be done, but I don't know exactly...
  5. Lost Bushman

On a scale of 1 to 10...

How bad did I just screw up? 2.9 to 4.0 clutch swap. I got everything in and realized that I drove the pilot bearing into the crank, not the flywheel like the tech article says. It's two forward, three back with this thing. Aside from having to pull everything off, go buy the tool to pull it...
  6. Lost Bushman

What is this?

I wrestled the oil pan off my 2.9 and I found this in the pan... What is this? Sent from my Casio G'zOne Commando 4G, it's the John Connor of Smartphones. You cannot kill it... Using Tapatalk.
  7. Lost Bushman

A4LD to FM146 bolt questions...

Hey guys, I posted this over in the Bronco II section, but wasn't getting any luck in finding an answer... Will any of the bolts from the A4LD bellhousing transfer over to the FM146? The thinner ones look like they'll work with about a half inch of thread into the block, and the fat ones won't...
  8. Lost Bushman

Bellhousing bolts...

Will any of the bolts from the A4LD bellhousing transfer over to the FM146? The thinner ones look like they'll work with about a half inch of thread into the block, and the fat ones won't. Can I just get a couple of grade 8's to match the thin ones or should they all be changed to something...
  9. Lost Bushman

Is the 4.0 clutch swap worth it?

I read the tech article about swapping the standard 8 7/8" clutch for the 2.9 to the 10"... Is it worth it? I don't plan on EVER going bigger than maybe a 32" inch tire and I don't climb any rocks bigger than a microwave, just trail riding and camping. :dunno:
  10. Lost Bushman

Oil pan gasket question

I've got the transmission out, (because I'm in the middle of the A4LD to FM146 swap), I noticed that the oil pan gasket could use changing. I'd rather not get into anything other than the swap right now, since I have limited space and resources. So is the pan gasket GREATLY easier to change...
  11. Lost Bushman

A4LD Decision MADE-Now, I have questions

I've decided to go big and SCRAP the A4LD and switch to 5 speed, (Knee pain be damned) I'm going to pick up a parts 88 bronco tomorrow. It has no engine,axles, or wheels but Tranny, T-case, and everything else is there. My question is, what do I need to pull to convert my 89 EB Bronco to a...
  12. Lost Bushman

Transmission Solenoid Question

In the ever continuing battle with the A4LD, I've read that a failed shift solenoid can prevent torque converter lockup. I've already pulled the transfer case off and taken the pan off and I'm in the process of pulling everything out for either another A4LD or maybe a 5spd, I haven't really...
  13. Lost Bushman

A4LD Decision time...

So either the pump is bad or the torque converter is out. Either or, here are my options... Fix it. Replace it with another A4LD. Replace it with another A/T that will fit up with the 2.9 I don't have a lot of cash, and I do everything by myself. So take that into consideration when...
  14. Lost Bushman

Stall test...

Trying to test the condition of the torque converter. Anybody know what the desired outcome should be? This is going along with my "Mystery Time" post. I did the test per the instructions I read online, but when I step on the gas, the motor lags for a second then will shoot up to 5K before I let...
  15. Lost Bushman

Mystery time...

So I rode around a little bit today and got high centered. After numerous attempts, I had to have my cousin come pull me out. Here's where the problem begins... Despite the fact that there's nothing physically impeding anything, it drags. I mean is barely moves. I had to throttle it to get it...
  16. Lost Bushman

89 Rear Washer Nozzle

Mine broke. Anybody know (other than finding one in a junkyard), where I can get one? Are there any other vehicles that share the same nozzle? Any help is appreciated. Thanks!
  17. Lost Bushman

A little help...

Does anyone have the link to the steering box rebuild "How To" thread that a member did? I'm having a hard time finding it, and it must be getting late, because the wife is giving me the "look" from the bedroom... And it's not the good "look". :annoyed: Thanks, guys.
  18. Lost Bushman

Quick U-Joint Question...

'89 Bronco II. Is the U-joint on the front shaft/diff the same size/part no as the one that connects the rear shaft to the diff? I ordered what I thought was the right one, but it's too small, and the local parts places all note the ones they have are either for the wheel joints or front shaft...
  19. Lost Bushman

Hub swap question

89 auto hubs to 87 manual hubs... I pulled a set off at the boneyard last weekend, other than the actual hub lock that comes off after you remove the wheel, is there anything else I need to go back and get? Some websites suggest pulling the 87 hub nut, some say I need a conversion kit, while...
  20. Lost Bushman

New guy with fuel problems...

Just picked up a '89 Bronco II, 4wd, 2.9... Kid I bought it from chopped the exhaust pipe, causing the fuel pump connection to get melted, I think this fried the pump as well but I'm brand new to Fords, so Here's my situation... I have the one pump system and I've fabbed my own connections...