•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Search results

1. SmokeEater829

Scored another B2....for now!!!

Just scored an 88 Eddie Bauer B2 4x4. Guy I bought it from claims that it ran great until a few months ago when he pushed the clutch in, heard a pop and cracking noise, then the truck wouldn't turn over. Looked at it and saw that the clutch switch was cracked into pieces and the rod was bent and...
  2. SmokeEater829

What years have interchangeable body parts?

I'm sure I'll get flamed for asking this, but I figured it would be easier to ask. Will the doors or rear hatch from an 85 B2 fit my 89 B2? I'm pretty sure the answer is no, but I wanted to check.
  3. SmokeEater829

Snow, ice, and a slightly Modded B2

Finishing up the end of my deer season with some rough weather for my area. I know snow and ice is common for some of y'all, but to an New Orleans local hunting in South Mississippi it's not a commonplace for me. Nothing special, just thought it looked cool.
  4. SmokeEater829

89 B2 just died

Need help from you guys figuring out my problem. My Bronco died on me while driving the other day. It is an 89 with the 2.9l, manual tranny, auto t-case. Reman tranny and engine installed last year. Less than 1000 miles on them. Truck only gets used during hunting season. Other than that it...
  5. SmokeEater829

Weekend project

I'll be starting some fab work on my B2 tomorrow. Some front bumper, receiver hitch, winch mount work up front. Also picked up a set of the 58" Trail Gear Rock Sliders. Will be fitting them as well. I'll post pics of the progress as I can. But I'll give y'all some idea of what I'm going to do on...
  6. SmokeEater829

B2 lift kit questions

The B2 that I bought already had a lift kit installed, but I'm not sure of the brand or size. I think it's a skyjacker kit because the springs have skyjacker on them. The rear of the truck has lift blocks. I had measured the blocks at one time, and I think they were 3.5 inches. The reason I'm...
  7. SmokeEater829

Fuel filler hose

Dropped the tank today to get access to the rear body mounts that I'm replacing. Found that my filler hose is SHOT! The inner hose appears to be ok, haven't really looked at it. But the outer hose is deteriorated bad. What can I use to replace it? Nobody has a replacement that I can find. I was...
  8. SmokeEater829

Headliner replacement with pics

As I continue to get my 89 B2 up to the way I want it, I decided to do something about the hollow tin can sound when closing the doors or rear hatch. Pulled the old headliner, added sound deadening material, and will be replacing the headliner in the next few days. Pulling the old one out was...
  9. SmokeEater829

Hit the junkyard today

Spent about 4 hours this morning at the local Pull A Part. Got a new passenger side seat track. Mine was rusted to pieces. Picked up a set of front seats from a 99 Explorer and they bolted right onto my seat tracks. Also got a manual shift BW 1350 t-case with floor plate, shifter, and boot...
  10. SmokeEater829

89 B2 4x4.....My work in progress

About a year and a half ago I bought my B2. It is primarily going to be a hunting rig, but will occasionally see some mudding /trail riding. Since I got it, I've been slowly getting it fixed up. Bought it with a bad tranny. Swapped in a rebuilt FM146. Then the front oil seal let go. The motor...
  11. SmokeEater829

Time to regear

I've been on the forum for a while learning about the B2 I picked up about a year and a half ago. It's an 88 4x4. The previous owner had done the axle swaps before I got it. It has a Dana 35 front and an 8.8 rear. Since I've gotten it, I've dropped in a reman 2.9L, rebuilt FM 146 tranny, and...
  12. SmokeEater829

Break / Tail light question

I'm in the middle of getting my 89 B2 ready to bring to the hunting lease for the season. Yesterday I replaced both tail light housings, both break/turn sockets, both reverse light sockets, and all the bulbs. Passenger side break/tail working fine. Drivers side is giving me fits. Turn signal...
  13. SmokeEater829

Fresh 2.9L

I already posted that I'm putting a new 2.9L in my B2. Figured I'd post some pics of the work in progress.
  14. SmokeEater829

Help with finding some parts

I'm in the process of putting a new engine in my B2. Not doing anything cool, just putting in a completely rebuilt 2.9L. I ordered a short block from Jasper Engines. Reusing some of my old parts, and replacing what needs to be replaced. Most of the stuff I'm finding that I need has been no...
  15. SmokeEater829

New summer project

Well, I just found out that I have a project that I have to tackle this summer. I bought an 1989 B2 4x4 in december and have been slowly getting it right. First off, put in a rebuilt tranny. Then started with some interior issues and getting it looking a little better on the inside. Added a...
  16. SmokeEater829

Parking brake adjuster...need pictures!

Hey fellas, I replaced all 3 of my parking brake cables on my B2 today because when I bought the truck it didn't have the front cable and the rear left cable had been cut. Well, I had picked up the adjuster brackets at the junk yard off of another B2 and took pictures of the brackets before I...
  17. SmokeEater829

Front receiver hitch

I have been looking for a front mount hitch since I picked up my 89 B2 a couple of months ago. After finding nothing on the internet, I started looking into the universal or adjustable hitches. I found one at my local Auto Zone. Think I paid $129.99 for it. The mount worked really well. Had to...
  18. SmokeEater829

Making some improvements

Spent some time working on the B2 this weekend. Junk yard run landed me a nice console from an Explorer. The arm rest was trashed so I had a cover made for it. Also picked up some seat covers. They are universal neoprene made by Hatchie Bottom. Next I started on the stereo and the VHF radio...
  19. SmokeEater829

Smittybuilt tube bumper

Hey folks, I'm trying to find a tube bumper for my 88 B2. I would really like to find the Smittybuilt bumper, but haven't had much luck. Does anyone know where I can find one, or can someone tell me if there is another vehicle that I can search for one for. I have no problem drilling new...
  20. SmokeEater829

Air flow will not change from dash vents to defrost

1989 Bronco II. 2.9L 5 speed 4x4. A/C works and blows cold. Heater works and gets hot. Only problem is, the air only comes out of the dash vents. I cannot get the the air to come out of the floor, or defrost/winshield vents. What do I need to check? Not concerned with the floor vents, but I...