Chances are, if you’ve searched online very much for Bronco II photos, you’ve probably seen a photo of this one.
This Bronco II has been online for quite sometime, and is owned by internet user B2swiss. After rolling a previous Bronco II in Moab, he decided to build another one. This 1989 Bronco II XLT 4X4 features the stock 2.9L V6, and a 5-speed manual transmission.
It uses a combination of 3-1/2 inch lift coils and a 2-inch spacer for the front lift, and Ford Explorer rear springs with GM lowering shackles for the rear lift. GM lowering shackles will actually lift the rear of a Bronco II 1-1/2 to 2-inches. The Ford Explorer leaf springs are also used for another 1-1/2 inches of lift. A 3-inch body lift and fender flares gives it the extra room needed to clear the 35×12.5×15 Wrangler MT/R’s.
After breaking the transfer case….
The Bronco II was upgraded with a replacement transfer case, and a custom T&M BW1350 Doubler. The 5.13 gears and 5-speed manual transmission results in a 120:1 crawl ratio.
The axles have been upgraded as well. The Dana 28 front axle, and Ford 7.5 inch rear axle, were swapped out in favor of a Dana 35 front axle, and Ford 8.8 inch rear axle. Both are equipped with 5.13 gears and an ARB air locker.
Other upgrades include James Duff shock hoops, a Ford Explorer radiator, ARB compressor, 3.5 gallon air tank, and a custom front winch bumper. For ALL of the modifications, check out the list below:
- 1989 Bronco II XLT 4×4
- Engine: 4.0L from a 92 Ford Explorer rebuilt with 40k All Synthetic Fluids
- Kurtz Kustomz Motorsports True Rev Kit
- Explorer Radiator
- Optima Blue Top Battery
- Mitsubishi 5sp Transmission
- Borg Warner 1350 Transfer Case
- Borg Warner 1350 Doubler 120:1 crawl ratio
- Front Dana 35 Yukon 5.13’s ARB Rebuilt in and out Rear
- Ford 8.8 Moser 5.13’s ARB Rebuilt in and out
- All Synthetic Fluids
- (5) 35×12.5×15 Wrangler MT/R’s
- (5) 8.25×15 Blade Style Rims
- Front Rancho 3-1/2″ Lift Coils
- 2″ Spacers
- Trail Master Radius arms for fullsize bronco, modified to fit application
- Explorer Rear Leaf Springs
- Tuff Country Chevy Lowering Shackles
- James Duff Dual Shock Hoops in front
- ARB Air Compressor
- 3.5 Gallon Air Tank
- Custom Front Bumper
- Custom Transfer Case and Doubler skid
- PIAA Rally 80 series lights
- Diamond plate tool box
- Explorer seats and arm rest
- 48″ High Lift Jack
- Kenwood Excelon KCD X879 Head Unit
- Kenwood Excelon Speakers all around
- Kenwood 12″ Subs
- 1800W Legacy Amp
- Sealed Box All wired with 4 GA wiring
- Bearcat BCT4 Scanner
- Cobra 40 ch CB
- 48″ K40 Antena
- Garmin GPSMAP 60CS
Click the photos to enlarge – click the arrows to load more.