•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Search results

1. B

Official 4.0 swap! 89 b2 xlt 2.9 auto to 4.0 with m5od complete conversion thread and

Okay guys I'm going to try to make the most complete build thread I have ever made to date with lots of pictures and such. I'm waiting for my ride to get back then I'm picking up a fresh clutch for the M5OD trans and wading over to my cousins pole barn to complete the swap in 1 day!!! I know...
  2. B

Full size axel swap 78 d44 and 9" SAS in 86 B2

Ok so I'm moving my build thread from the b2 area here to get a little more traffic and insight from the experts So here is the build plan, Starting with my 86 bronco 2 it's got a 90 4.0 and dash and front clip It does need a little tlc, and I'm working on that I'm keeping the 78-79 axles...
  3. B

2.9l radiator in 4.0 swap, gas mileage? Warm up time

I'm not running ac or a auto trans so my question is , will the 2.9l radiator hold up behind the 90 4.0 I know the warmer you can run your engine the better fuel mileage you will get I have the 2.9l radiator in now, but it has a pretty big leak in her so I'm always adding coolant, I'd like to...
  4. B

4.0 dies when warm after swap also cluster back light won't turn off

So I finished my 4.0 swap in the 86 I have just a few minor problems First the bigger one She starts up cold like a bat out of hell Once let her set and idle she will idle for about 15 mins until she gets good and warm then she just chug a chugs and does out When I try pushing that gas it...
  5. B

The best full size axel swap for b2??

What I want is full size axels under my b2 I've seen a few with full size axels and some lift and I love the look. I'm up for anything I know there's going to be some cut and pasting I also am looking to get 3-6 inches of lift.. I've heard of using early bronco axels, But I wouldn't mind a...
  6. B

86 b2 build thread 90 ranger 4.0 swap Pics!!

Starting my build thread to give you guys some motivation to do your own 4.0 swap !! Here's some picsstarted ripping her apart the first gen front end is going bye bye. the old 2.9 is coming out its out!!
  7. B

Need 86 b2/ ranger evtm and 90 ranger evtm!!!asap

So I'm working on the 4.0 swap and I really need to find these evtms to make things a bit more clear, I didn't plan on using the new stlye steering c
  8. B

4.0 Swap in 86 B2 getting my donor engine Tom any tips before I go to the JY

So I think I have the basics covered I've done this swap once before in a 89 b2 so it was a lil easier then this one is gonna be, I have a 86 b2 made 10/85 2.9l efi The donor is a 90 ranger 4.0l I'm not sure if it is auto or man trans I'm guessing auto, I know the harnesses are the same I had...
  9. B

Help Removing the speedo cable from the cluster on a 86 b2

I've never seen this clip or had to do this before and you can't really get to it, and I don't want to break my speedo cable.. I already broke the clip, here's a pic, what's the secret??heres before I broke it N after
  10. B

86 2.9l sensors what should I replace? In what order?

Okay so finally got the beast road worth but their is still a few hiccups. 86 b2 man trans 2.9l efi Put all new motorcraft spark plugs in yesterday, it ran a lot better after that, wires looked visually appetizing, so going to wait on those for now.. But... She doesn't want to start in the...
  11. B

Okay 86 transfer case questions?

This is my first b2 with a manual trans case, it's the original in the 86 although it was built in 85.. When I bought it I asked if the 4x4 works he said there was a belt that was broke in the t-case?? I was thinking belt?? It's a ford not a Cadillac, lol what I think he was talking about was a...
  12. B

Help!!! at the braking point with my brakes all new brakes and cant get blead out!!!

so i have a 1986 b2 500$ picked her up last friday she was sitting for 10 years i got the mouse nest outta the intake, unstuck the throttle body, and she fired right up, after i put a new ignition lock and tumbler in. i backed her outta the drive and went to hit the brakes and they went...
  13. B

Hey its been a while!! so questions on 97 mountaineer 5.0l swap to 89 b2

soo i completed the 4.0L swap in my 89 bronco II was my daily driver and a blast to drive untill i was hit in the passenger side rear and rolled onto my roof at 55 mph. one hell pf a ride but my b2 kept me safe, but there wasnt much left of the truck.. so now i am haveing seperation anxiety...
  14. B

Speed and tire size and speedometer gear ratios questions

so first question is what size tires did the bronco II Have when it rolled off the production line? i know mine has bigger than stock tires but not by much ill look tom anyways well driving behind my brother on the highway, he has a 04 mazda 6 stationwagon, i was talking to him on the phone...
  15. B

Video trouble shoot!! 4.0 B2 fuel pump wont turn off, and no start???

truck started up and drove fine all the way to work, got to work parked it, went out on my lunch break to start it and she wouldnt start up just dry cranked. i thought maybe i was out of gas..., after putting in two gallons and still no start i started at the relays theres three relays a ecm...
  16. B

B2 Drive Shaft LENGTH?? and... CV Vs UNIVERSAL JOINT ????

okay so i have a stock suspension on my 1989 B2 fm 146 trans and orig elect shift trans case the 89 originally came with a CV style rear the original has since blown and been replaced with a professionally rebuilt unit and it just failed. this one lasted me a yr. so i hate the CV STYLE!!! SO i...
  17. B

89 B2 4.0 wont start has spark has fuel?? with Video

so i tapped the check valve on the fuel rail and got a healthy stream of gas, i pulled a plug and grounded it and have a good spark only things i can think of are bad gas maybe a lil water in the line i accidently forgot to put my gas cap on and it sat for a week outside what would be the...
  18. B

95 4.0 with EGR converted to 91 4.0 wiring harness with no egr LOTS of photos

so spent the night changeing all the components on my 95 explorer 4.0 with EGR to match up with my 91 Non EGR wiring harness let the fun begin okay heres the 91 4.0 with no egr in my B2 heres the 95 4.0 with EGR and again i do like the 4.0 EFI image on the plastic intake too bad its only...
  19. B

95 4.0 with EGR needs to replace a 91 4.0 with no EGR in my B2 what are my options?

Sooooo do i remove the 95 4.0 egr stuff n cap ends/ block ports?? personally id rather not have the egr(less stuff to go out/fail) or leave it all attached but not hooked up???( engine my run like crap) cuz i dont want that. i wouldnt mind keeping the EGR if i could get it working properly...
  20. B

4.0 Bronco II Acceleration

4.0 Bronco II Acceleration Video Here's my acceleration video before i blew a rod. last time i buy a engine off cl that was sitting for a yr. currently waiting for my 95 4.0 out of a very sharp looking explorer with 164,000 on it that was laid on her side here on the snowy Michigan roads will...